Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another vlog of 'sneak peaks' and 'I don't want to show you' (just don't then? Or just don't vlog until you DO want to share?). The thumbnail picture doesn't reflect the actual video, which is all filmed in the kitchen.

Also, she has started doing the thing a lot of vloggers do where they show a few 'spoiler' clips at the start of the vlog (never understood this). Unfortunately this means that within the first two minutes she repeats the same clip of her triumphantly finding a mug.

I think I might unsubscribe again.
That really pissed me off, and the fact she said that she had basically shown the kitchen anyway. So you know what you are doing! I really don't need to see her cupboards and dresser again in detail.

Reactions: 5
Showing off your half a million pound house (before the age of 30), your Smeg products and asking about interior designers feels a bit much at the moment.
There's a lot going on for people at the moment, none of it very nice, so maybe she should hold off a little. Show these videos a bit further down the line .

Reactions: 23
This idea of a “dream home” is subjective. What is a dream home to her, wouldn’t necessarily be the dream home to someone else, not their style, location etc. Influencers who move home and keep people guessing just come across smug and full of themselves thinking people will be on the edge of their seats to find out what it looks like when there’s a chance a lot of people will be like “it’s not the kind of house I would live in”. Show it if you’re going to show it and if you’re not stop banging on about it because people really aren’t as bothered as these influencers think.

Reactions: 16
I just want her to stop touching her hair ALL the bloody time. It puts me off her cooking videos as well because you just know there must be long stringy black hairs in all the food.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I just want her to stop touching her hair ALL the bloody time. It puts me off her cooking videos as well because you just know there must be long stringy black hairs in all the food.
I thought I was being really OTT noticing this, but same. Even in her recent video she's touching it and swinging it around over a loaf of bread on the table next to her :sick: why do people who make cooking/ baking videos never seem to tie their hair up!?

Reactions: 11
I thought I was being really OTT noticing this, but same. Even in her recent video she's touching it and swinging it around over a loaf of bread on the table next to her :sick: why do people who make cooking/ baking videos never seem to tie their hair up!?
I root for the bakers on bakeoff who tie their damn hair back

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Showing off your half a million pound house (before the age of 30), your Smeg products and asking about interior designers feels a bit much at the moment.
There's a lot going on for people at the moment, none of it very nice, so maybe she should hold off a little. Show these videos a bit further down the line .
How do you know the house's price was half a million ?

I've just rewatched some of Maddie's old minimalism videos, it's really like watching a different person. She used to talk about how important it is to buy second hand and made her own household cleaning products and seemed so genuine about her minimalism journey and consuming less. (Although does anyone else remember years ago she once talked about not buying/ wearing underwear any more!? One instance where change and buying more is definitely a good thing!)

Reactions: 10
I've just rewatched some of Maddie's old minimalism videos, it's really like watching a different person. She used to talk about how important it is to buy second hand and made her own household cleaning products and seemed so genuine about her minimalism journey and consuming less. (Although does anyone else remember years ago she once talked about not buying/ wearing underwear any more!? One instance where change and buying more is definitely a good thing!)
I loved that Maddie although the not wearing underwear thing was a bit OTT for me!

Reactions: 4
I feel like I'm a horrible person for even commenting on this, but what she said in her new video shocked me a little. Maybe I misunderstood?

Maddie was complaining that they would have to save up for "one or two months" to do projects on their house, and that it was really annoying. Did I understand that correctly? I think I must live on a different planet...

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I feel like I'm a horrible person for even commenting on this, but what she said in her new video shocked me a little. Maybe I misunderstood?

Maddie was complaining that they would have to save up for "one or two months" to do projects on their house, and that it was really annoying. Did I understand that correctly? I think I must live on a different planet...
I picked up on this too! It did seem like she was saying it was inconvenient they might have to wait a month to afford to continue with a big project if they didn't budget properly. Which must be a lovely problem to have.

Reactions: 14
I liked them videos and inspired me (a little) to try aspects of minimalism. However, seeing all the stuff she has made me realise it didn't last very long!

Reactions: 7
I don’t understand how she and boyfriend afford their lifestyle.

I understand that he works with/for her on her social media business now? Though previously did a “normal” job for a graduate.

they’ve moved into a much more expensive house and are buying fancy new furniture.

she’s hardly zoella how does she have so much money? Has anyone found her companies accounts?

Reactions: 5
Why did they buy a new bed? Was there something wrong with their last one?

Reactions: 7
This last vlog has really rubbed me off the wrong way... A whole new bed from Loaf?! What about the bespoké reclaimed wood bed they had in the old place? She mentioned she bought TWO beds, surely they could have repurposed the old bed frame for the spare bedroom at least?

she also bangs about sustainability and was using Lidl cleaners full of chemicals with her plastic scourer. I get it she stirred away from trying to be zero waste, but blatantly buying new furniture and using house cleaners that are not even cruelty free is a new low for her.

She also had an amazon box on show lol.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if she gives up on being vegan, she has even given up sobriety last year anyway.

5DBC205B-3FC8-49C9-B0A2-5AE6C3B88D07.png

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.