Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it’s so interesting seeing what she did to her cottage though! She has made it SO much nicer and liveable than it was before (in particular I mean the bathroom situation). Whoever bought their cottage is very lucky!

I can’t wait to see her new house.
Yes I loved the bathroom! And I think she said everything in there was second hand?

What's the deal with the aga? She's shared it loads. I know nothing about them - are they better for the environment? Are they common? I don't know anyone who has one.

Reactions: 1
Yes I loved the bathroom! And I think she said everything in there was second hand?

What's the deal with the aga? She's shared it loads. I know nothing about them - are they better for the environment? Are they common? I don't know anyone who has one.
They are a bit of a middle-class status symbol I think. And no, they aren't environmentally friendly.

Reactions: 5
They are a bit of a middle-class status symbol I think. And no, they aren't environmentally friendly.
I heard that they have to be on all the time? No idea, haven't seen one in real life 😂 but it doesn't sound environmentally friendly indeed.

Reactions: 2

They are not environmentally friendly. My in laws have one and it’s on, emitting heat all the time. Old ones used coal, they can also run on gas, oil or electricity. In old houses it’s usually oil as there’s been a recent scheme in the UK to help people turn them into electric. I think the cost of the transition is paid for or subsidised.

They’re very expensive to run and a very odd choice for someone who has built a brand on environmentalism to be showing.

Reactions: 8
Yeah, the aga is an interesting choice for an environmentalist. It has to be on all the time, and while they CAN be structured to run entirely off eco-friendly resources (like solar), exceptionally few are (it's almost impossible in the UK).

But her argument will be "they're made from recycled materials and are completely recyclable" because, yes, everyone is always recycling their gas on an annual basis.

But I will agree with everyone - they REALLY did a nice job on their last cottage. Though I feel they got a bit short-changed. I thought those improvements would up the value by more than just £30K. The Egress Windows they put in can cost up to £3K a window, and I have no idea how many they put in.

Reactions: 6
But I will agree with everyone - they REALLY did a nice job on their last cottage. Though I feel they got a bit short-changed. I thought those improvements would up the value by more than just £30K. The Egress Windows they put in can cost up to £3K a window, and I have no idea how many they put in.
And £6,500 on the bathroom. I'd say they made very little on it in the end.

Reactions: 4
I can’t believe she’s on stories talking about how excited she is that she’s bought loads of things for the kitchen, and mentioned light fittings from Wayfair of all places! Hardly ethical and sustainable, she’s such a hypocrite.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I'm am so conflicted on her latest post sharing that she's found the move hard because of lockdown. On one hand, we all have our own relative struggles, and I also agree that instagram shouldn't just be a highlight reel. I don't deny that she's found it hard, and I truly sympathise with her anxiety struggles.

On the other hand, I'm really not sure she has any right to publicly complain. Firstly, they moved because of the pandemic. They didn't have to pay stamp duty, which is a huge deal, and they were financially stable enough that they could take that incentive, and move during a pandemic while plenty of others would not have been able to because of job insecurity. In addition, they aren't medically vulnerable, so could afford to do the move during a lockdown ( as moving would likely increase exposure slightly, which again many people wouldn't have been able to do).

Add to that the fact that they live in the county with the lowest coronavirus rates in the whole country, but also has empty beauty spots in abundance to enjoy, as well as the fact that her whole family arn't even that far away - so it's possible she's still able to meet them for one on one walks (this is a complete assumption by the way) whereas many people have been in different areas to their family so can't meet them for outdoor walks and can only zoom.

She's complaining about not having family help to move (real first world problem), and not being able to celebrate the move with them. That is 100% something you can do once it's over! It's not a pre-booked wedding that has had to be postponed to great expense, or a milestone birthday that you've had to spend alone. You can have a housewarming party on June 21st and it's virtually the same!

I genuinely can't think of someone who's had it easier during this pandemic than someone in her circumstances, aside from someone who owned an antibacterial gel company😅.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm am so conflicted on her latest post sharing that she's found the move hard because of lockdown. On one hand, we all have our own relative struggles, and I also agree that instagram shouldn't just be a highlight reel. I don't deny that she's found it hard, and I truly sympathise with her anxiety struggles.

On the other hand, I'm really not sure she has any right to publicly complain. Firstly, they moved because of the pandemic. They didn't have to pay stamp duty, which is a huge deal, and they were financially stable enough that they could take that incentive, and move during a pandemic while plenty of others would not have been able to because of job insecurity. In addition, they aren't medically vulnerable, so could afford to do the move during a lockdown ( as moving would likely increase exposure slightly, which again many people wouldn't have been able to do).

Add to that the fact that they live in the county with the lowest coronavirus rates in the whole country, but also has empty beauty spots in abundance to enjoy, as well as the fact that her whole family arn't even that far away - so it's possible she's still able to meet them for one on one walks (this is a complete assumption by the way) whereas many people have been in different areas to their family so can't meet them for outdoor walks and can only zoom.

She's complaining about not having family help to move (real first world problem), and not being able to celebrate the move with them. That is 100% something you can do once it's over! It's not a pre-booked wedding that has had to be postponed to great expense, or a milestone birthday that you've had to spend alone. You can have a housewarming party on June 21st and it's virtually the same!

I genuinely can't think of someone who's had it easier during this pandemic than someone in her circumstances, aside from someone who owned an antibacterial gel company😅.
I agree. It’s come across as completely gone deaf, especially how you’re correct that she admitted they’re only moving due to not having to pay stamp duty. People are literally dying, or loosing jobs, and yes everything is subjective to own experience and life and it did seem stressful, but buying a bigger house in the countryside is hardly worth all the public complaining she’s done. Does she have any friends? I feel like with influencers you can tell when they don’t have an offline support bubble to complain to instead

Reactions: 13

👏 Completely agree with all of this. She realllllly needs to read the room..

You summed this up perfectly. I saw it this morning and I was just like "gurl, you're making yourself look SO much worse. Just keep it to your personal friends and family". If was trying to disprove to us all that she has a victim mindset, she's doing a terrible job of it.

It's like she saw everyone complaining online because they're struggling with job losses and deaths etc and felt like she wanted to throw her hat into the ring - JUST to express to people that SHE'S STRUGGLING TOO! Don't forget, she's got it hard as well.

Like yes, I sympathise that you're struggling with anxiety, but perhaps not throw yourself a mini pity party online for sympathy amidst your gorgeous new home pictures? Just talk to your friends and family - it's tone-deaf to do it online otherwise.

Reactions: 12
In her latest declutter, she showed five sets of Girlfriend Collective clothes that do not fit her anymore (all sizes S and M). But then she goes and says: "They are too expesive and lovely for me to even consider getting rid of." And then she mentiones three out of these five sets were actually gifted. It cost her nothing and she still has a problem to donate them. WTF???

Reactions: 17
In her latest declutter, she showed five sets of Girlfriend Collective clothes that do not fit her anymore (all sizes S and M). But then she goes and says: "They are too expesive and lovely for me to even consider getting rid of." And then she mentiones three out of these five sets were actually gifted. It cost her nothing and she still has a problem to donate them. WTF???
I think she still has body image issues and things she'll skin down to a tiny size again. Unlikely imo as you get older but I can see her pov, I still have my Skinny jeans that I just can't let go off 😅

I've watched her since before she moved to Brighton.

For me it's the complete lack of any marking of AD on the titles her YouTube videos. Pretty much all of them are an ad but never ever marked. I find this really disingenuous, particularly as she was very vocal about how transparent she apparently is on her Instagram.

The one she has just posted is an ad, not that you'd know by the title. I couldn't care less if it's an AD, I'd probably still watch it but by not marking it so, it completely puts me off!

Also the endless stories about her book and stuff, I just found utterly relentless.

Reactions: 9

I literally dream of having started an anti-bac hand gel company, I could retire.

The more I watch her moving videos the more I realise she is NOT minimalistic. I mean, I get it they have a three bedroom house and you do accumulate a lot of crap but don't market yourself as minimalistic. Heck, i don't think she's even vegan after eating them KFC chips 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I do find it irritating that she seems so moany and fed up in every video. She always seems to be complaining how much work she has to do and just generally seems to resent and stress over everything. I'm not saying I think she should be positive in a fake way, I just prefer not to listen her moaning about normal things in life that we all have to do. I don't think she's ever actually had a proper job, which is probably why she doesn't know how good she has it. She just depended on Alex and her parents I guess before she was able to make an income from YouTube.

I can't really relate to her I guess, even though I am at the same point in my life as her and I'm a vegan. To me, she doesn't offer anything deep or interesting at all.

If she ever reads this, I recommend her reading up on and trying to truly understand Mindfulness - appreciating the normal things we all have to do and find a way to enjoy them.

Reactions: 11
IMG_5330.jpg

I found this post interesting today on instagram. I agree that women are referred to in more negative terms when it comes to being assertive (such as bossy). But I don't know, Mad... I've never been called cold, angry, difficult, opinionated and temperamental... and I'm a very confident, businesswoman.

I think you should maybe do a self-check if you've been called these things your whole life.

Reactions: 7
View attachment 472911

I found this post interesting today on instagram. I agree that women are referred to in more negative terms when it comes to being assertive (such as bossy). But I don't know, Mad... I've never been called cold, angry, difficult, opinionated and temperamental... and I'm a very confident, businesswoman.

I think you should maybe do a self-check if you've been called these things your whole life.
I think half of the time people do these posts for the likes. The whole "women being called bossy when we are actually assertive" is very overdone by influencers.

It definitely is a problem I'm not denying that. Women are expected to be "nice" even when they're in charge and it's not expected of men. But I do think influencers use it for engagement sometimes.

Reactions: 9
I haven't been called bossy since I was about 9? And I tell people what to do all the time LOL

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.