Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes that's right a neighbour, I think they dug up part of his property but nothing was found..
Don’t mean to argue, but if I remember correctly, they found “something” that led them to believe that Ben has died in the accident as was stated. There was understandably a lot of press during the excavation, they found a scrap of clothing or toy I think, but drew no conclusions, but then the press suddenly went quiet. I’m sure the UK police then made a statement that although they hadn’t found his body, something else had been discovered that led the police to conclude he had died. No more detail was given. I thought it was out of respect for his family, who *i think* made a statement that they accepted the police decision.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Don’t mean to argue, but if I remember correctly, they found “something” that led them to believe that Ben has died in the accident as was stated. There was understandably a lot of press during the excavation, they found a scrap of clothing or toy I think, but drew no conclusions, but then the press suddenly went quiet. I’m sure the UK police then made a statement that although they hadn’t found his body, something else had been discovered that led the police to conclude he had died. No more detail was given. I thought it was out of respect for his family, who *i think* made a statement that they accepted the police decision.
It was the little boy’s toy he had at the time.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I read earlier that the German Police know how Maddie was killed and surely if this is the case they will be able to find her body either through a lead that comes of the investigation or a plea deal with the suspect. I don't understand why they've named him but blurred his face. If you want information then you release the whole photo unblurred so people can either say 'yes I saw him' or 'no I didn't see him'

I always believed that Madeleine was drugged and they accidentally overdosed her. When Kate went to check on the kids it was obvious Madeleine had passed away so Kate needed to think fast. She took the body and dumped it somewhere (likely at sea), gone back to the apartment to stage the disappearance and ran to the restaurant and had to pretend Madeleine had been kidnapped. The words 'they've taken her' are significant to me. Who took her? It could've been a slip of the tongue and she meant that God/angels had taken her to heaven. We know they're very religious so it could've been referring to that. I'm not sure what the catholic beliefs about death are though. How would Kate know Madeleine had been kidnapped at that point? For all she knew she could've been hiding in the apartment somewhere. Madeleine was 3 and kids do that sometimes.

Whatever happened I do hope Madeleine is found soon. Even if she's somehow alive and doesn't want to return to return to her family it would be some closure. If she's dead then she can be brought home and buried. Either way; there are still some very big questions to be answered about what happened that night and the investigation.

Reactions: 4
Yes your right the police believe he died in an accident the day he went missing, but his mum Kerry continues to fight on to find the truth. It was a toy they found but as no body has ever been discovered she can't find closure .I'm in a FB group she's set up he would have been 30 now but she's still trying to find out what happened him.

• Sad
I’ve always been interested in the case, I was only eight when it broke and it stuck with me. I find it all so dreadfully sad. I’ve had suspicions about the parents but at the same time always hoped I’d be proved wrong...

I swear I remember hearing about the Cadaver dogs finding scent on Madeleine‘s toy, Kate’s clothes and behind the sofa in the apartment as well as in the hire car. The thing is wouldn’t that suggest that Madeleine was asleep or holding the toy when she passed away? Especially because Kate said when she went into the room she found Cuddle Cat on a ledge and ‘knew that a crime had been committed then’ because Madeleine always fell asleep with the toy. So I don’t think the abduction theory holds up in that case does it because surely you wouldn’t kill someone and then go on to abduct them, surely it’d be the other way around? Disclaimer my grasp of logic and cadaver dog knowledge is very limited. 😅

Reactions: 7
Yes your right the police believe he died in an accident the day he went missing, but his mum Kerry continues to fight on to find the truth. It was a toy they found but as no body has ever been discovered she can't find closure .I'm in a FB group she's set up he would have been 30 now but she's still trying to find out what happened him.
Ben needhams case is just awful, wasn't their a theory that his body was likely buried under one of the new housing developments that the builder was working on?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Okay. Here’s my theories ...

theory one
i think the parents AND their friends had some involvement I reckon after reading the new stories that K&G hired this German man to take Maddie.
the phone call the man made before taking her may of been to someone that they had planned to take the body off of the German man.
They drugged her so she wouldn’t resist abduction.
killed her in the apartment (Hence why blood and death could be sniffed out ). Took her in his campervan. And took the person I mentioned above.
That’s why Kate ran back and said “they’ve taken her”.

Before this week I always believed it was the parents. Now I reckon they didn’t do it but had involvement. or they didn’t know but knew their friends had been in touch with the German man.

I think if my above theory is correct Kate does regret what she did to Maddie but always knew she was dead so that’s why they took so long to contact police
If the theory above is right that would be why the twins weren’t taken as well because K&G had arranged to take only one.
Sorry about being long.

I do hope she isn’t alive (as much as it sound horrid) as image coming home after 13 years of horror and abuse trying to get help for it and having the news covering it. All the jokes people have made.
I really hope she died in apartment. Over drugged and brver
So you think her parents just handed her over to the German weirdo ??? What was their incentive (if you can call it that in something like this) can you elaborate further? Genuinely intrigued as never heard this theory. X

Reactions: 1
If Madeleine, or her body, turns up & her death wasn’t a result of parental negligence but at the hands of this paedophile I’ll know I’m living in a real life episode of The Good Place! I swear this year is just getting more bizarre 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I’ve always been interested in the case, I was only eight when it broke and it stuck with me. I find it all so dreadfully sad. I’ve had suspicions about the parents but at the same time always hoped I’d be proved wrong...

I swear I remember hearing about the Cadaver dogs finding scent on Madeleine‘s toy, Kate’s clothes and behind the sofa in the apartment as well as in the hire car. The thing is wouldn’t that suggest that Madeleine was asleep or holding the toy when she passed away? Especially because Kate said when she went into the room she found Cuddle Cat on a ledge and ‘knew that a crime had been committed then’ because Madeleine always fell asleep with the toy. So I don’t think the abduction theory holds up in that case does it because surely you wouldn’t kill someone and then go on to abduct them, surely it’d be the other way around? Disclaimer my grasp of logic and cadaver dog knowledge is very limited. 😅
She washed cuddle cat as well not sure if anyone remembers. If that doesn't scream guilty I dont know what does.

Ben needhams case is just awful, wasn't their a theory that his body was likely buried under one of the new housing developments that the builder was working on?
I believe so, I think this is why his body has never been found

• Sad
I don’t understand the theories saying that they “gave” Madeleine away. I get that it’s someone else’s take on things, but to me that just seems like a lot of bullshit. She was the child they wanted so much that they went down the route of IVF to conceive her. I guess you could say “why did they leave her in the room alone then?” to counter that, but a huge lapse in judgement/being a careless parent makes more sense to me than plotting to have her taken away/abducted/sent to a pedalo ring to be abused.

Reactions: 21
There are so many different theories with this case. So many. That’s why it’s of interest to the general public. Very little of the information has actually been proved . The only things we definitely know are that The children were left alone on that evening and Madeleine was gone later that evening. That’s it. Everything else is hearsay and rumour. No wonder there are so many differing opinions.

Reactions: 10
Yes the police think that's what happened ,but nothing was ever proved and the son of the builder denies his father did any wrong doing .His mum continues to search for him..

Reactions: 2
There's no such thing as a perfect parent,but we can only try and be responsible parents.Leaving 3 young kids alone on more than one occasion in the hope they'll be OK, is very irresponsible in my book! and a big mistake that could have totally been avoided..
We will make mistakes and I'm far from a perfect parent.
I closed my car door the other day and it banged her on the head whilst she was doing up her belt 😬. Thats a mistake.

Leaving your kids unattended so you can get pissed and eat you tea in peace is nothing but serious neglect.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
There are so many different theories with this case. So many. That’s why it’s of interest to the general public. Very little of the information has actually been proved . The only things we definitely know are that The children were left alone on that evening and Madeleine was gone later that evening. That’s it. Everything else is hearsay and rumour. No wonder there are so many differing opinions.
Exactly. It’s got to the point where people are passing off rumours as facts.

• Heart
I don’t understand the theories saying that they “gave” Madeleine away. I get that it’s someone else’s take on things, but to me that just seems like a lot of bullshit. She was the child they wanted so much that they went down the route of IVF to conceive her. I guess you could say “why did they leave her in the room alone then?” to counter that, but a huge lapse in judgement/being a careless parent makes more sense to me than plotting to have her taken away/abducted/sent to a weirdo ring to be abused.
Yes must say this is what I’m struggling with. Nobody would just give their child to an organised sex ring surely??? I have heard of very poor and desperate families in places like the Philippines etc who sell their children but this case bares no similarities. Even if you were been blackmailed you’d never hand over your child. This theory does seem a bit too elaborate but hey who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️

I can totally understand that. I think I would be the same. 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 4
We will make mistakes and I'm far from a perfect parent.
I closed my car door the other day and it banged her on the head whilst she was doing up her belt 😬. Thats a mistake.

Leaving your kids unattended so you can get pissed and eat you tea in peace is nothing but serious neglect.
Exactly ! neglect of the highest order .

Yes must say this is what I’m struggling with. Nobody would just give their child to an organised sex ring surely??? I have heard of very poor and desperate families in places like the Philippines etc who sell their children but this case bares no similarities. Even if you were been blackmailed you’d never hand over your child. This theory does seem a bit too elaborate but hey who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️
Jesus it's bad enough they left alone ,but the thought they gave her to a sex ring I couldn't comprehend .They'd need hung ,drawn and quartered if that were the case.

• Wow
I don’t understand the theories saying that they “gave” Madeleine away. I get that it’s someone else’s take on things, but to me that just seems like a lot of bullshit. She was the child they wanted so much that they went down the route of IVF to conceive her. I guess you could say “why did they leave her in the room alone then?” to counter that, but a huge lapse in judgement/being a careless parent makes more sense to me than plotting to have her taken away/abducted/sent to a weirdo ring to be abused.
It's more plausible that they didn't give her away, I agree, but it's also not implausible. Sadly it does happen :confused:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.