Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished the madeline documentary.

I have always, always, from the moment it began, thought the parents accidentally killed her. This documentary has changed my mind.

They were negligent, they should not have left their children alone but they have more than paid the price. Portugal, particularly the algarve seemed to have a massive paedophile sex ring at the time that I was never aware of (ten cases of sleeping young baby girls sexually assaulted in their beds around the time she was taken, and two of those in Luz...)

I wasn’t aware quite how much the portugal police fucked up.

Ultimately, I believe the Mcanns didn’t harm their daughter and my greatest hope is Madeleine is out there, thinking she is someone’s daughter and lived a happy life, the poor girl would be fifteen now, she is the only victim here but my god the pain those parents have been through....

Reactions: 4
I’ve always, always from day one said Kate looks like a naughty child, her expression was always that of a child who knows they’ve done wrong and knows they’re in for a bollocking, now that could be realising she made a SERIOUS mistake in leaving the children or she’s done something, I lost my child last year, I was in no way out laughing a week later, even now almost a year later I laugh and feel guilty, I have NEVER washed the blankets from her cot and without standing morbid they will smell of cadaver because that’s the last thing my daughter touched, however they were hers, I’m not convinced by Kate AT ALL
Sorry to hear this, and I agree, somthing is not right with them at all.

Reactions: 2
I'm watching (on youtube) Richard Hall's video 'McCan's embedded confessions - part 2 or 3' - he waffles on for ages at the beginning, and i know it doesnt carry any weight, but when it gets into it my god its interesting! highly recomend watching it

I'm watching (on youtube) Richard Hall's video 'McCan's embedded confessions - part 2 or 3' - he waffles on for ages at the beginning, and i know it doesnt carry any weight, but when it gets into it my god its interesting! highly recomend watching it
Exactly!! All Richard's videos are worth a watch. He will never make a presenter lol, but he has delved deeper into this case than anyone else I've seen. He has several videos-
"the true story of Madeline McCann",
"when Madeline died",
"why the cover up",
"the phantoms"
and the embedded confession

Reactions: 3
Theres also a theory she was cremated in a chapel they had keys to. The priest, who initially supported and comforted them, eventually wanted nothing more to do with them, saying he had been "deceived".
There had been a British woman who was due to be cremated and, a theory the Portuguese investigators had was that Madeline was hidden in the foot of this coffin.
While this may be untrue (who knows!) It also shows there are other possibilities than hastily burying her and her body potentially being found.
Oh does it say fhat about the priest in the Netflix doc? I didn’t know that ! Very interesting

I haven't watched the documentary (is it available anywhere else other than Netflix?) but I have never bought into theories that the parents killed her, sold her or otherwise. I agree with a previous poster who said that in the face of a massive shock you really don't know how you will behave/react. I read a lot of crime novels and if one of my children was abducted I would automatically assume pweirdo ring/ransom etc and blame 'they/them'. They were terribly neglectful, yes, but murderers? Look at the hate Kerry Needham received and little Ben was dead and buried from day 1. Accusations went immediately to 'gypsies' when it was a horrible accident nearby that no one even considered.

The docum doesn’t explore anything other than abduction really. It’s all very fishy

I have yet to watch the Netflix documentary, I did read that the parents are not happy about it so thought it should be good.

I read the Portugese delectives' book which is translated into English online and was convinced the parents know far more than they are letting on.

What left me in no doubt though was the cadaver dog who found the smell of a dead body in their apartment, behind a sofa and near the wardrobe the second sniffer dog trained to smell human blood also alerted to the area behind the sofa.

Both dogs 6 days later sniffed out blood and dead body scent from the rental car the family used.

Of course Gerry McCann claimed the dogs were incredibly unreliable, which in reality is untrue as they are highly trained to only bark when they smell the specific thing they are trained to smell.
She was trained with cadavers that’s why she was there, I think it was an accident and they got rid of her body😕

Having to take a day off of skiing today, so I know what I'm going to be doing.

Balacony, beer, finishing this documentary!

Even if Kate and Gerry didn’t kill Madeline they are lying about something, and to lie about something when it could potentially help find your daughter, it must be bad. If my child had gone missing and everyone I was with that night, the people who were my alibi, who’s checked on my daughter, who’d apparently seen people carrying a child made a pact not to talk about that night I would go crazy! I’d be wanting to comb through every second that happened to see if I’d missed anything for them to tell the police everything in case someone has missed a clue. But no let’s make a pact never to talk about it every again, that’s not normal!

Reactions: 8
I'm starting ep 7 tonight.
Before I watched this I was 100% of the mindset that the parents were responsible and I still am.
Some of my other opinions:
  • Gerry McCann gives me the skeevies.
  • I hate the Kennedys. Especially the son. I had never even heard of them before this docu.
  • I felt bad for Murat and Malinka, especially when they were harassed by the Kennedys.
  • I did sway more towards Gerry being directly responsible for her death and Kate just going along with the cover up out of fear but, after reading some theories here, I'm now swaying towards Kate.

Reactions: 10
Even if Kate and Gerry didn’t kill Madeline they are lying about something, and to lie about something when it could potentially help find your daughter, it must be bad. If my child had gone missing and everyone I was with that night, the people who were my alibi, who’s checked on my daughter, who’d apparently seen people carrying a child made a pact not to talk about that night I would go crazy! I’d be wanting to comb through every second that happened to see if I’d missed anything for them to tell the police everything in case someone has missed a clue. But no let’s make a pact never to talk about it every again, that’s not normal!
That’s what Gonçalo Amaral thinks too, it’s all very odd and there’s things you can’t quite put your finger in it. I mean leaving your children unattended whilst you dinning in a foreign country with the doors unlocked, then the “kidnapper” comes in through the door but leaves through a window carrying a child🤷🏻‍♀️! And why Madeleine? Why her?!

Reactions: 6
I'm starting ep 7 tonight.
Before I watched this I was 100% of the mindset that the parents were responsible and I still am.
Some of my other opinions:
  • Gerry McCann gives me the skeevies.
  • I hate the Kennedys. Especially the son. I had never even heard of them before this docu.
  • I felt bad for Murat and Malinka, especially when they were harassed by the Kennedys.
  • I did sway more towards Gerry being directly responsible for her death and Kate just going along with the cover up out of fear but, after reading some theories here, I'm now swaying towards Kate.
Agreed with all of the above.

The Kennedy thing is weird, was he just going to throw endless amounts of money at it or was there a limit?

His son is a typical rich kid who’s never had to do a proper job and just walks into whatever daddy sets up for him. I did wonder how many other missing children could have been helped had some of that money been used on them.

Reactions: 7
I mean don’t get me wrong but that documentary is made to look like it was a kidnap, the McCains sue anything that breaths and says otherwise, they have ruined people’s life’s because of this, and yet there they are. If it had been me or any of you ( not that I would leave my children unattended ) we would’ve been arrested! You really need to read the book which as been written based on the investigation.

Reactions: 8
I mean don’t get me wrong but that documentary is made to look like it was a kidnap, the McCains sue anything that breaths and says otherwise, they have ruined people’s life’s because of this, and yet there they are. If it had been me or any of you ( not that I would leave my children unattended ) we would’ve been arrested! You really need to read the book which as been written based on the investigation.
Which book is that? I tried to find the one that they tried to ban but didn’t have much luck

Reactions: 1
Why were these two wannabe investigators given so much time? Just seems like a distraction. The son got a bad vibe from him so went out of his way to ruin his life :mad:. If we're going off bad vibes the Son gave some of the worst.

The funds generated from the public went towards actions like burning someone innocents car just because they didn't like the look of him / was an immigrant! And the private investigator hired hinted they did far worse.

• Wow
Which book is that? I tried to find the one that they tried to ban but didn’t have much luck

This one, it’s in Portuguese, I think they tried to ban this book in England, am not surprised why.

Reactions: 1
Why were these two wannabe investigators given so much time? Just seems like a distraction. The son got a bad vibe from him so went out of his way to ruin his life :mad:. If we're going off bad vibes the Son gave some of the worst.

The funds generated from the public went towards actions like burning someone innocents car just because they didn't like the look of him / was an immigrant! And the private investigator hired hinted they did far worse.
The Spanish investigator seemed like something out of a bad 80s movie. Literally said he did stuff that was probably illegal. Insane

Reactions: 3