Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
I think they’ve left themselves with no option than to keep pushing for more investigation and money to fund it because how would it look if they didn’t do?
If they stopped showing any interest it would make them look guilty.
Imagine being in that position, knowing the truth about what happened to your missing child all these years and having to keep up this charade for the sake of appearances.
They deserve a miserable existence solely because
They left THREE little children all alone so they could have a nice dinner and entertainment, unhindered by squawking kids
They do not deserve peace, ever

• Heart
Reactions: 33

OH.FFS

VIP Member
So many self righteous people on this thread saying how they would have acted so differently. The truth is no have no idea how you'd react unless you found yourself in the situation of your daughter going missing and presumably murdered.
I think I can safely say that the situation the McCanns were in, I’d never have been in. My daughter would never have been left alone and so someone breaking in while I’m in bed as apposed to someone coming in and taking my child while I’m dining out would NEVER have happened. It’s not self righteous it’s a FACT. And I’ve no idea how I would have reacted if someone broke into to my home and stole my child but I can tell you 100% I would not have trusted anyone with my other children while I went jogging or playing bloody tennis. Never …

• Heart
Reactions: 32

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
In 2007 I was 22 and had my first baby.

Even I knew it was not okay to leave children alone.

This pair are doctors! Not exactly lacking intelligence. The ‘unexplainable’ things make them look awful, IMO. They should have been charged with neglect.

Reactions: 32

Naffdoff

The neighbour reporting they heard the children screaming a couple of nights before when they had gone off into the town but still leaving them the night after
Gerry having to return to Leicester to bring something with Madelines DNA for testing as there was only 1 toothbrush
Setting up a charity within 24 hours
Lying about the window
Lying about the door being locked
washing cuddle cat

I could go on and on but it doesnt answer any questions just throws more and more doubt about what they were up to

• Heart
Reactions: 31

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
It’s super basic: parents are there to protect their children and keep them safe. If tragedy befalls a child as a direct result of gross negligence then the parents are responsible.

Reactions: 30

Xanadu

This is pure fantasy.
No, what is pure fantasy is that she was abducted that evening.

There was no sign of any abduction, no forced entry, no damaged/jemmied shutters as they claimed and no fingerprints on the shutters (other than Kate McCanns). In Gerry’s first statement he claims that all doors were locked, which would make abduction almost an impossibility. In his later statement, when he realises that the break-in story isn’t flying, he decides to change that and states that the patio door was unlocked and the perpetrator must have got in. The alarm for Madeleine being missing was first raised at 9:20pm, as documented in statements by tapas workers and independent witnesses. The police weren’t called until 10:41, so that’s 1hr 21min they waited until making that call….. seems a long time to wait if you think there’s been a genuine abduction. Gerry has no alibi between 9:45-10:30pm, other than being seen by the Smith family at 10pm heading towards the beach.

And then we have all the later dog evidence, where the cadaver and blood dogs alert to 17 locations/items all belonging to the McCann family. The dogs were taken through all the apartments belonging to the McCann’s friends, and also of that of Robert Murat - no indications were made. Again all of this is in the Portuguese police files.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30

Vanelope

VIP Member
Every single comment is the police going on a jolly and the parents did it. Which I also believe. Sadly the girl has been dead for 17 years, why can’t the money be spent on living children in dire straits.

Reactions: 29

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
I still think that Kate wasn’t happy about leaving them but Gerry bullied her into doing it. And she went along with it because she wanted them all to have a happy holiday without him being awkward and bloody minded.

Gerry reminds me of my ex husband..a bully! As long as he was happy then everything was fine. If I went against his wishes then we all suffered. Treats withdrawn, even silly things like no ice cream today, and he made sure the children knew it was because Mummy was nasty.

Abuse is not just physical and Kate looks like a bullied and abused wife

• Sad
  • Angry

TheOpposite

What i find i find really puzzling are:-

1. Why did she leave the twins alone in the apartment to go back to the tapas to raise the alarm
2. Why did she say "theyve taken her"
3. Why did they write a timeline in Maddies colouring book before contacting anyone
4. Why did they contact sky news before the police
5. How was a charity set up so quickly

Just some of the points ive scratched my head over
Yes. If you believed your eldest child had been kidnapped, there is no way you would leave the younger ones to raise the alarm. You would bundled them up and flee the apartmen.

Following this, if you believed your child had been abducted from the security lax Mark Warner hotel, you would definitely not leave your twins in the crèche AFTER your eldest had been taken. Even if you didn’t ‘blame’ the hotel, it would be natural to want to keep a very close eye on your children considering what had just happened. The McCanns had no qualms about leaving their twins in the creche, be if for a morning run or a press conference,

The dogs - Keela and Eddie - were ‘never wrong’ until the McCann case. The evidence they had sniffed out previously was always accepted until they sniffed out cadaverine behind the sofa of the apartment, in Gerry’s blue duffel bag, the fridge and the boot of the rented car. Suddenly, they were no longer reliable.

These are just examples of why I don’t believe a word they say. This is just off the top of my head. I wasn’t even a mother yet back in 2007 but when I became one, IF a I were to leave my children alone in a hotel room, abduction wouldn’t be at the top of my hazards list. I see my kids getting up and falling, trying to open doors or windows, climbing on furniture and hurting themselves etc.

This leads me to think that leaving the children alone was a to cover up something. Sky news, charity, Gordon Brown, the whole thing stinks.

Beth1980

VIP Member
I always wonder how other parents/ families of missing children must feel IE Ben Needham that this case has had so much money made available still after all this time and not theirs.

• Sad
Reactions: 28

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
Here in France in the past couple of weeks during the holidays one case has popped up that has outraged everybody. A "father" had visitation of his 3 year old daughter for the day saying he was taking her to the beach (it was down on the Mediterranean coast). Lovely you might think only this delightful Daddy went to the beach alright, got a sunbed and plonked himself down to sunbathe with a beer leaving the child sleeping locked in his car!
Well it did not take very long before the police came to the scene of the child screaming hysterically inside a boiling hot car, they smashed their way in and rescued her then asked her where her parents were. She apparently said "Over there " pointing to the parasols and sunbeds, she told them what "daddy" was wearing and off the police went to find him & find him they did! He got taken straight off to the nick, he was prosecuted next day and sent to prison for wilfull neglect of a child even though the cretin said he had done nothing wrong, he just did not want to wake her so he decided to leave her in the car "For a while......................"
The McCanns were martyred for no good reason at all when they ARE in truth neglectful, self-absorbed USELESS parents - had they been from some sink-estate the authorities both in Portugal and the UK would have been on them like a ton of bricks and yet here we are approaching two decades later with them still being venerated for their plight.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I know some people live a sheltered existence however imagine being so oblivious to the impact of class bias in everyday life, let alone in the media and anything related to crime and justice

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Does anyone think Christian B is guilty based on what we know to date? Personally I think it all seems very circumstantial. And obv the police are struggling with it too if he still hasn't been charged.
In my opinion it's a weak case, and I honestly believe the McCanns covered up an accidental death.
FWIW I also believe JonBenét was accidentally killed/harmed by her brother and that was also covered up. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but these are both mostly valid scenarios, I think.

• Heart

Lonewolf

VIP Member
My kids go to bed early when at home, but abroad its different. We spend the day at the beach or pool, then come back to the apartment around 4 and let the kids have a 2 hour nap so they will be fresh for going out for dinner and staying up later.

The mccanns were clearly of the kind that adults need their own time without them and it backfired appallingly. Nothing riles me more than parents who think their kids are a burden when they are away...don't fucking take them abroad in that case
This is exactly what I've always done and couldn't have said it any better myself 👆 and when their tired we all go up to bed & call it a night whether it be 7, 8 or 9 o bloody clock I'll happily sit on my balcony with a cuppa tea while they are asleep SAFE in my care as they are MY responsibility!

• Heart

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I thought it was a self catering apartment. The fridge broke and Gerry bought a new one and took the old one to the tip. You don’t do that in a hotel!
I'd think that was a bloody odd thing to do in a self catering place too! Surely you call the staff and say the fridge is broken, please sort it? How very bizarre.

Reactions: 27

50sGirl

VIP Member
I don’t think we will ever know what happened.
Sadly it is likely poor Madeline paid for her parents negligence with her life.

I cannot comprehend the McCann apologists who justify their actions.
IMO it is indefensible.

50sGirl

VIP Member
The fact that always sticks with me is that the local priest said he was deceived by the McCanns.
What did he mean by that?
We know he gave Kate the key to the local church so she could come and go as she pleased.
What did they do for the priest to say that?