Madeleine McCann #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, I’ve always been convinced the parents did it and have kept silent to protect the twins. I think I’d be even angrier if it turns out that their stupidity meant that an opportunistic pervert just grabbed her. At least if the parents did It, it was an accident and her burial was done with dignity.

Reactions: 16
I think Kate and Gerry should have got jail time for child neglect. They failed as parents to protect poor Madeleine. It’s Madeleine my heart breaks for not them.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
'...the adults in the party went out for dinner at the resort’s open-air tapas bar on 3 May, gathering at 8.30pm. The children were left behind sleeping in their respective apartments with the doors unlocked and a rota system in place among the parents to ensure that someone returned every half-hour to check on them.
When Kate McCann took her turn and returned to her apartment at 10pm, she raced back to the restaurant screaming “Madeleine’s gone! Someone’s taken her!”

Yeah. The parents probably did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I was just thinking something that makes a lot of sense to me. And I’m sure has been theorised plenty before.
The idea that madeleine woke up and wandered off. The parents discover this and being the cold distant parents they are, are immediately in damage control mode that she’s wandered off and thinking that they will be blamed for it for leaving her, so they immediately ‘stage’ a break in. They decide straight away that their story will be that she was safely locked in the apartment and someone must have broken in and taken her. As this doesn’t sound as bad as that they left her to wander off and come to harm.
But then that story that the apartment was locked fell apart with the whole bull tit rota they then also made up to try to make it sound ok that they had left their children. Various parents popping in without keys. The stories don’t marry up because the locked apartment was a lie hence that story changed, and the checking on the children was also a lie (which was never able to be proven but between all of the tapas groups statements it doesn’t allign and was a constant of various parents up and down and more hassle then it was worth). Which would mean she could have wandered off or an intruder took her much earlier than their timeline. As the previous checks were a lie.
The whole narrative was spun to minimise their parental neglect, despite the harm it would do to the investigation.
I also think that some other activities may have been going on on the trip that the parents were not disclosing such as an affair. Hence the strangeness with their phone records being deleted.
The not being honest about how they had left the children unattended for a longer period of time and originally dishonest about all the doors being unlocked, coupled with some sort of other secret / secrets about the nature of the holiday, is for me why their whole narrative of the event does not make any sense and why many are left feeling that the parents were directly involved in her disappearance.
I don’t personally belief that they were directly responsible but I do believe that Portuguese police at the time should have (if any laws covered it) pursued prosecuting them for neglect and endangering their children, and also got a warrant to test the twins for if they had been drugged. If the children had been drugged this explains also the dishonesty and why the twins were sound asleep through all the commotion too.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.