Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went on holiday to Luz a few years ago and stayed in an apartment complex next door to the Ocean Club. We stumbled upon the actual apartment by accident when walking up a side street after visiting the shop on site at the OC. The sea is actually a fair walk from there. I'd say on 3 year old legs, a good 10 minutes, minimum.

We did stop and look. You can see the pool area from the apartment but again, it's a good distance away. Their apartment was right at the edge of the complex and the restaurant was at the other end.

Glad to have found this thread as this case has often played on my mind.

Edit: correcting some spellings
Just curious - is that particular apartment still in use for holidays?

Reactions: 3
Question - because I am very naive and simple - why did they go all out with the media and fundraising and high profile stuff…and for so long?
If they were to blame wouldn’t they just let it all die down….?
What are peoples thoughts?
I think it comes down to ‘nature abhors a vacuum’ - ie Kate & Gerry knew if they weren’t in the spotlight playing the grieving parents, eventually public opinion would swing against them for the simple fact they left their babies alone so they could go for tapas (as it has now that so much time has passed and the dust has settled). The harder they pushed their narrative, that’s what took up all the newspaper inches. Plus the counter intuitive logic of ‘if they were involved, why would they keep drawing attention to it?’. Overcompensation plain and simple.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I just can't wrap my head around why you'd leave such young children all alone.
I've a 14 and an almost 16 year old and we've only just started leaving them home alone while we go to our local pub or to a friends house for a few hours. Even then I'm constantly texting them but that's to make sure they've not killed each other.

Reactions: 21
You are very naive.
If you say so. I think you just want the parents to be responsible because it makes the story more exciting and interesting for you. If they were responsible then why would the British police that investigated this not conclude that they were? We know as fact that the Portuguese police were woefully slow at the beginning of the investigation. There were no roadblocks put up for hours so the abductor had ample time to make their escape.

Reactions: 5
If you say so. I think you just want the parents to be responsible because it makes the story more exciting and interesting for you. If they were responsible then why would the British police that investigated this not conclude that they were? We know as fact that the Portuguese police were woefully slow at the beginning of the investigation. There were no roadblocks put up for hours so the abductor had ample time to make their escape.
Do you know ANYTHING about the case?! Gerry had the bleeping prime minister of the UK on speed dial and called him after the “abduction”

I just can't wrap my head around why you'd leave such young children all alone.
I've a 14 and an almost 16 year old and we've only just started leaving them home alone while we go to our local pub or to a friends house for a few hours. Even then I'm constantly texting them but that's to make sure they've not killed each other.
They were left alone to facilitate abuse.

Reactions: 13
When Kate said "they've taken her", it could have been an ill conceived statement to draw attention away from the parents and put in people's minds that she must have been taken.

It's not a natural thing to say when a child has gone missing. So she either deliberately said it to make people think that's what happened, or they knew people were coming into the apartment to "visit" Maddie.

Reactions: 18
The Portuguese Police did exactly the same as would have been done anywhere … roadblocks were set up, I remember watching lorries and caravans being searched in the early hours. The Coastguards and helicopters were used as soon as it was possible to do so with regard to tides and light.

Unfortunately, they were hampered by not knowing what timeline they were working from. The Spanish border was only an hour or so away and from the time she was last seen to the time she was reported missing there was ample time for that to have been breeched.

Reactions: 10
I’m really not one for conspiracy theories in general, I always think the most simple explanation is usually correct - but in this case there is no simple explanation as none of it makes sense. Whichever scenario is correct they’re all as far fetched as each other. All of the McCann’s behaviour points to them being involved in some way or another, whether it was an accident or something more sinister we’ll never know.

Reactions: 17
I’m really not one for conspiracy theories in general, I always think the most simple explanation is usually correct - but in this case there is no simple explanation as none of it makes sense. Whichever scenario is correct they’re all as far fetched as each other. All of the McCann’s behaviour points to them being involved in some way or another, whether it was an accident or something more sinister we’ll never know.
Exactly. If my child went missing on holiday (or anywhere else) would I first think to
Take a teddy and bleach wash it? Would I be completely uncooperative with the police and answer “no comment” to every question, would I carry on playing tennis and acting like I’d just lost an earring? No. It’s batshit. I can’t believe people out there think Gerry & Kate are innocent!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I think there are a few similarities between Maddie and Jon Benet Ramsey, a fatal accident that people tried to cover up, and in the cover up is where things go conspiracy theory wild as nothing about the evidence presented makes sense when examined closely, as the evidence is embellished to distract.

As for the German guy being declared a suspect, that was in 2020 so what has happened since? If they have evidence would it not have progressed by now to him being charged?
From reading there are different kind of p-eado's preferential and opportunistic. Opportunistic will target anyone available, doesn't matter age as long as young, preferential will have a set age range preference, they will target them only. So this German guy, which is he? We are told that it's suspected that the person that snatched Maddie was watching the apartment, lying in wait and then acted, so this seems preferential right, that she was this persons age range, however this German guy has raped a woman in her 70's and various other charges, that seems opportunistic, none of it fits.

I am reluctant to blame local authorities for not closing boarders sooner, a report is made to them that a young girl is missing, her parents went for a night out leaving her sleeping in their apartment, what is more likely if you are law enforcement, the child has woken up and wandered off so you alert officers to look in nearby areas, or an international trafficking ring involving child abduction to order that reaches the highest levels of society and some Illuminati cult is involved?

Reactions: 8
Unfortunately 85% of children sex abuse happens from a family member/ relative. It's not a conspiracy theory if people have suspicions that G&K may have been involved with things like this, it's actually a balanced way of looking at the case.
I personally don't know what to believe, but what I do know is that just because I would do all I could to protect/ shield/ prevent my child from any type of abuse, doesn't mean every parent is like that.

Reactions: 14
I think it’s hard for people to believe as sex offenders/pedophiles are usually portrayed and deranged weirdos rather than middle class doctors, but it does happen that should have been explored more as a theory back then.

Reactions: 14
I just cannot believe they went to play tennis the next day. Were they not feeling physically sick and shaky?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I think it’s hard for people to believe as sex offenders/pedophiles are usually portrayed and deranged weirdos rather than middle class doctors, but it does happen that should have been explored more as a theory back then.
There was a documentary on last year about a now adult from a very nice, well to do, family with a lovely house whose mother had allowed them to be abused by members of society that were high ranking i.e doctors, councillors etc. I wish I could remember more but I was in post baby brain fog at the time so my memories are patchy. Did anyone watch?

I remember now, it's on Netflix and called Tell Me Who I Am. There's a book too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
There was a documentary on last year about a now adult from a very nice, well to do, family with a lovely house whose mother had allowed them to be abused by members of society that were high ranking i.e doctors, councillors etc. I wish I could remember more but I was in post baby brain fog at the time so my memories are patchy. Did anyone watch?

I remember now, it's on Netflix and called Tell Me Who I Am. There's a book too.
Was that about the twin boys?

When Kate said "they've taken her", it could have been an ill conceived statement to draw attention away from the parents and put in people's minds that she must have been taken.

It's not a natural thing to say when a child has gone missing. So she either deliberately said it to make people think that's what happened, or they knew people were coming into the apartment to "visit" Maddie.
But at the same time it’s no natural situation either. I’m sure you don’t choose your words carefully in such a situation. So… don’t know how much weight you can put on those words of her.

Reactions: 4
But at the same time it’s no natural situation either. I’m sure you don’t choose your words carefully in such a situation. So… don’t know how much weight you can put on those words of her.
I dont think you'd go play tennis the next day either though would you 🤯

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.