Madeleine McCann #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn't there a sit in service as well?

Reactions: 1
I don't believe so but I could be incorrect.
I thought there was some sort of night crèche.... where you leave the children at say the kids club and it’s set up with beds, but they said that would be “disruptive” for the children. Again I’m not 100% on that but I’m sure I remember seeing that.

I find it odd that she doesn’t remember if the events happen while on holiday or at dinner in the U.K.?
I think she was sure of the first time but, agree, she is unsure of the second!
Why would you allow him to be there during bath time at all? Why not bath your children in your own apartment?
100% on this! there is absolutely no way he would be bathing my kids!

Reactions: 5
There was NO listening service provided by the hotel! Their friend, the Payne's, confirmed this in their police statement. They said they wanted a hotel with a listening service and although this hotel said they had one, they did not. So they "made their own".

The Payne's had bought a baby monitor that worked via Wifi so they did not get up to check on their kids as they could see/hear them. Why didn't the McCanns do this? The other family had the mother in law who was going back and forth and on the day of abduction, Jane was looking after one of the kids who was sick. It was essentially only the McCann kids left alone, completely.

Reactions: 6
I think in cat the nanny's statement she says there was a sit in service
This babysitting service is correct. ALL the parents used it AFTER Madeleine went missing, with Cat being the main babysitter.

I'd read (years ago, so I can't link it sorry) that there was a listening service. It's interesting to hear that maybe there wasn't.

I do think my original point still stands though. If other hotels provided this service, people presumably were utilising it and therefore it was considered 'acceptable'

Oooh that rings a bell actually.

I think in cat the nanny's statement she says there was a sit in service
I wonder has it got to do with the fact the McCanns were outside the hotel would their phone line be connected to the hotel reception ?

I'll try to find it, I only discovered there was no listening service two weeks ago when I was reading the PJ files! I hope I'm not making it up
I get your point but almost all their group of friends took precautions with their children having nanny cams, mother in law (she would switch with either parent once they finished eating), etc. I would think two doctors would have enough brain cells between them to either spend 20 quid on a cheap nanny cam or utilise the sit in babysitting service.

Reactions: 3
They had a dinner service, where the kids would go to a room above the reception, I beleive. This was provided until 11:30pm.
Then there was a babysitting service.
These statements from 3 members of staff.

I've actually read the PJ files in full but clearly I haven't remembered all of the information in them accurately! Oops.

Fiona Payne confirms there was NO listening service:
Link: http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

In Bridget O’Donnell’s article for The Guardian, about her experience of being in the resort at the same time as the McCanns when Maddie went missing, she mentions there was a sit-in service but it was in high demand and had to be pre-booked in advance.

Agreed. They weren’t left in a kids club all day, then alone all evening. Also their ages ..twins were 2, Madeleine 3. Some people can defend them all they like and whether they are guilty remains to be seen. What is there for all to see is their very bad judgement and lack of parental responsibility. That cannot be argued.

Nobody here is arguing that they fucked up in leaving them though. Every single person has already said it was neglectful and as parents totally unacceptable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.