Madeleine McCann #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now you're being ridiculous. Do you think it was okay for Kate and gerry to leave their children then? Because that's what I'm reading.
Why is that ridiculous? Just mentioning other children left alone by their parents and something terrible happened to them? (Btw I don’t blame those parents at all)

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Why is that ridiculous? Just mentioning other children left alone by their parents and something terrible happened to them? (Btw I don’t blame those parents at all)
So it's okay then? It's okay to leave your kids in bed and go for dinner?

Kate and Gerry go to bed. It's late.

Reactions: 4
I wholeheartedly agree on your thoughts on the press.

Are you saying the press downplayed how sinister the murder was?!?!?!
Yep, basically! I’m wary of sharing too much detail as I don’t want to out myself 😅 But they made it out to be pretty much ‘jealous ex husband kills wife’ when actually the force he used, what he did after and also his planning before etc were horrendous. It gave me PTSD from the gruesomeness (and I usually love crime shows and podcasts!)

• Sad
Reactions: 2
So it's okay then? It's okay to leave your kids in bed and go for dinner?
No. That isn’t what the poster said if you look back, they said why were the McCanns vilified for it but not other parents?

They weren’t left alone though Sarah was playing in a field with her older and younger siblings. April was outside her house playing with her friend which thousands of kids did daily. They weren’t left in a apt in a foreign country while the parents had a jolly good time

Reactions: 4
They weren’t left alone though Sarah was playing in a field with her older and younger siblings. April was outside her house playing with her friend which thousands of kids did daily. They weren’t left in a apt in a foreign country while the parents had a jolly good time
Agreed - they weren’t left alone. But I think the previous poster was questioning whether those children were old enough to be left without adult supervision. That’s how I read it anyway.

Reactions: 1
No. That isn’t what the poster said if you look back, they said why were the McCanns vilified for it but not other parents?
[/QUOTE

They were vilified for leaving their toddler and babies in bed and going for tapas and wine. Why do you think they shouldn't be?

Reactions: 1
I don’t think what they did was right no. I think they were neglectful.
I was questioning why another poster isn’t allowed to ask a question on this thread about other parents who were not supervising their young children when something terrible happened to them. I don’t think they are in the same category as the McCanns as like someone else said, they were with siblings/a friend.
Was just wondering why the aggressive/pathetic replies when someone dares to have a different opinion to you.

They only rarely use juries in Portugal too

I don’t have any loyalty to them. But I don’t recall sarah Palins parents being criticised? She was alone when she was abducted. April jones? Alone. They weren’t left to sleep alone but they were playing without adult supervison. Are they tit parents too? I have never been heard anyone blame them (Quite rightly) why are the McCanns so different?
*Payne* ...Sarah Payne was playing with her brother's and sister's when she went missing from a field at the back of her grandparents house . Her brother especially has suffered terribly over the years(mental health ) he blames himself for letting her walk across the field on her own. Her father drank himself to death ,her mother suffered a massive stroke brought on by the stress . Why would people blame them when they've seen how much they've suffered. The McCanns on the other hand have been the opposite Tennis and Jogging straight after the child goes missing ,books deals ,funds to pay their mortgage ,PR gurus statements that don't add up I'm not saying they're guilty but you can see how they've painted themselves in a bad light ..

• Sad
Reactions: 11
*Payne* ...Sarah Payne was playing with her brother's and sister's when she went missing from a field at the back of her grandparents house . Her brother especially has suffered terribly over the years(mental health ) he blames himself for letting her walk across the field on her own. Her father drank himself to death ,her mother suffered a massive stroke brought on by the stress . Why would people blame them when they've seen how much they've suffered. The McCanns on the other hand have been the opposite Tennis and Jogging straight after the child goes missing ,books deals ,funds to pay their mortgage ,PR gurus statements that don't add up I'm not saying they're guilty but you can see how they've painted themselves in a bad light ..
Yes I completely agree. I’m not defending the McCanns. Leaving 3 babies to go off to eat and drink is unforgivable. I just think this is a thread for conversation, and there seems to be a few people who just turn rude/nasty when they don’t agree with something. Everyone is entitled to post a question/opinion and not get a mouthful back.

Reactions: 7
Those kids weren't alone their older sibling's were there and the other was outside her own front door ..

All of the above 👆

Those kids weren't alone their older sibling's were there and the other was outside her own front door ..
I am not blaming those parents. I am not comparing them to the McCanns. I am simply asking why someone isn’t allowed to ask a question without getting shouted down. All the points you have said are right. I just didn’t understand why the original poster got a load of attitude for asking a question.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am not blaming those parents. I am not comparing them to the McCanns. I am simply asking why someone isn’t allowed to ask a question without getting shouted down. All the points you have said are right. I just didn’t understand why the original poster got a load of attitude for asking a question.
I didn't give anyone attitude ?

I don’t think what they did was right no. I think they were neglectful.
I was questioning why another poster isn’t allowed to ask a question on this thread about other parents who were not supervising their young children when something terrible happened to them. I don’t think they are in the same category as the McCanns as like someone else said, they were with siblings/a friend.
Was just wondering why the aggressive/pathetic replies when someone dares to have a different opinion to you.
I'm not getting an to an argument with you over who is being pathetic and unreasonable as it is derailing the thread. I said they were neglectful we seem to agree on that so back to theories and evidence please.

Now you're being ridiculous. Do you think it was okay for Kate and gerry to leave their children then? Because that's what I'm reading.
I mentioned this on either this thread or the last one. Every single other family who used the listening service technically 'left their children alone'. The listening service was just that. A listening service. IF the McCanns and friends were checking on them as often as they say then they would have been checking more often than the official service.

The fact there is a listening service shows that it is a fairly accepted thing to do on holiday there.

Would I have left mine? No absolutely not. I'm baffled people even risk the listening service. However, I would put money on there being several very relieved families at that resort. Relieved that it wasn't their child that was taken when they were away enjoying dinner and a few drinks, leaving them with just a simple listening service for protection.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.