Madeleine McCann #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So with this latest suspect, has anyone heard/read whether they have enough to charge (am assuming not) or what the situation is? Seems like they have given out a huge amount of personal info about the inspect which is really unusual. Surely he could sue if it turns out he doesn’t have anything to do with it? I feel like they must be pretty certain?

Reactions: 12
So with this latest suspect, has anyone heard/read whether they have enough to charge (am assuming not) or what the situation is? Seems like they have given out a huge amount of personal info about the inspect which is really unusual. Surely he could sue if it turns out he doesn’t have anything to do with it? I feel like they must be pretty certain?
I feel like they’re giving out a lot of personal info, would they be allowed to do that if there wasn’t damning evidence?

No it's okay don't worry I wasn't offended.

I just wanted to discuss theories :oops:
I know, I just caught the tail-end of the last thread and thought it was out of order. It’s quite a heated thread.

Reactions: 2
I feel like they’re giving out a lot of personal info, would they be allowed to do that if there wasn’t damning evidence?
Exactly. Also it could jeopardise a future trial linking him to all these other potential children and his past crimes? I thought a jury wasn’t allowed to know previous convictions? Good luck finding someone in the world that knows nothing about this case?!?!

Reactions: 9
Someone on the last thread is german and she that the police likely have a lot more evidence than they're giving out as the german police force are very hush hush about suspects unless they are confident it is that person. I don't have the answers or anything more but that's what they said

• Wow
Reactions: 13
There's no hard evidence they've said ..

Someone on the last thread is german and she that the police likely have a lot more evidence than they're giving out as the german police force are very hush hush about suspects unless they are confident it is that person. I don't have the answers or anything more but that's what they said
But surely they've blown this now with the amount of details they've released, the jury would be well swayed against him .The press are even hounding his mum 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
How do they find suspects 13 years after it’s happened. It always amazes me. I just hope they find out what happened.

Reactions: 14
How do they find suspects 13 years after it’s happened. It always amazes me. I just hope they find out what happened.
If they ever do get to a definite answer I hope there is a time when we get to see all the evidence. Does that sound bad? I just find it all so interesting.

Reactions: 12
The guy will never go on trial, it will blow over or he will go the same way as Epstein. Any defence lawyer worth their salt would rip apart the abduction story. All they need to say is 'ok, prove it. Place my client in the apartment'. Question remains, why was there a corpse and blood detected in the flat? Why out of 9 grown adult professionals could not one get a consistent account of what happened that day? It's an absolute tit show with the media swallowing every headline and story thrown at them by the spin and pr experts.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I read they had a tip off in 2013 but 'ignored' it but idk if thats true
Seven yrs ago they had a tip off about him and let it go .Three yrs ago is when these details about him on the chat room and telling the guy in the bar came to light . Why act now ?

Reactions: 7
I read they had a tip off in 2013 but 'ignored' it but idk if thats true
I was going to say why would you ignore a tip off but I suppose they must have had thousands!

If they ever do get to a definite answer I hope there is a time when we get to see all the evidence. Does that sound bad? I just find it all so interesting.
No I feel the same. It’s been in the headlines for a good chunk of our life. It makes me feel sick when I think what if it had happened to one of mine. My mum tells me I’m too anxious when out and about with the kids but like I tell her in a lot of kidnapping stories it’s a split second thing, obviously Madeleine wasn’t but some are. It’s very scary.

Reactions: 5
Seven yrs ago they had a tip off about him and let it go .Three yrs ago is when these details about him on the chat room and telling the guy in the bar came to light . Why act now ?
does seem a bit weird. I get the feeling there is much that isn't been said

Reactions: 6
Feel like that about a lot of what’s currently in the press!
The mainstream press print what suits them, to the narrative that fits their needs. I would take all of it with a pinch of salt. I thought the Netflix documentary was good in terms of actual facts and evidence but then I suppose who knows what they left out/edited?? I don’t know who actually made it, whether they had a link to the case somehow?

Reactions: 7
I just find it hard to believe that suddenly after all this time they have their man. I’m sure someone said on the last thread he was ruled out originally? They must have something substantial on him surely to be allowing so many details about him to get out? I know some criminals get off on saying they did certain crimes when they didn’t, like they want the notoriety - i hope this isn’t that.

I really want to believe they’ve got the right person because poor Madeleine deserves to be laid to rest but I just don’t believe it at the moment. Feel like this has happened a few times now over the years and has never amounted to anything.

does seem a bit weird. I get the feeling there is much that isn't been said
I keep thinking has it something to do with him being up for parole .Maybe they want to pin something on him to keep him where he is ,who would want that monster roaming the streets..

Reactions: 11
The day after Maddie was abducted, they put the twins back in the creche if you can believe it!!! You would think that with one missing child, you would investigate everyone the child came in to contact with especially the creche service who knew the routine of the kids during the day!! Not only did they put the twins in the creche but apparently most of their friends also put their kids there too! I know looking after kids is challenging especially under stressful circumstances but two adults in the group could've looked after all 7(?) children for a day whilst the rest did police interviews/searching!
All these friends are meant to be intellectual doctors and researchers! The mind honestly boggles.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I keep thinking has it something to do with him being up for parole .Maybe they want to pin something on him to keep him where he is ,who would want that monster roaming the streets..
I thought this. Gives them grounds to deny the parole?

Reactions: 3
The day after Maddie was abducted, they put the twins back in the creche if you can believe it!!! You would think that with one missing child, you would investigate everyone the child came in to contact with especially the creche service who knew the routine of the kids during the day!! Not only did they put the twins in the creche but apparently most of their friends also put their kids there too! I know looking after kids is challenging especially under stressful circumstances but two adults in the group could've looked after all 7(?) children for a day whilst the rest did police interviews/searching!
All these friends are meant to be intellectual doctors and researchers! The mind honestly boggles.
That is baffling to me. Surely you would not leave the others out of your sight, let alone leave them in a child care facility the day after.
Maybe I’m just cynical but I can’t work out the logic there

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.