Madeleine McCann #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mentioned this on either this thread or the last one. Every single other family who used the listening service technically 'left their children alone'. The listening service was just that. A listening service. IF the McCanns and friends were checking on them as often as they say then they would have been checking more often than the official service.

The fact there is a listening service shows that it is a fairly accepted thing to do on holiday there.

Would I have left mine? No absolutely not. I'm baffled people even risk the listening service. However, I would put money on there being several very relieved families at that resort. Relieved that it wasn't their child that was taken when they were away enjoying dinner and a few drinks, leaving them with just a simple listening service for protection.
Wasn't there a sit in service as well?

Reactions: 1
I don't believe so but I could be incorrect.
I thought there was some sort of night crĆØche.... where you leave the children at say the kids club and itā€™s set up with beds, but they said that would be ā€œdisruptiveā€ for the children. Again Iā€™m not 100% on that but Iā€™m sure I remember seeing that.

I find it odd that she doesnā€™t remember if the events happen while on holiday or at dinner in the U.K.?
I think she was sure of the first time but, agree, she is unsure of the second!
Why would you allow him to be there during bath time at all? Why not bath your children in your own apartment?
100% on this! there is absolutely no way he would be bathing my kids!

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I mentioned this on either this thread or the last one. Every single other family who used the listening service technically 'left their children alone'. The listening service was just that. A listening service. IF the McCanns and friends were checking on them as often as they say then they would have been checking more often than the official service.

The fact there is a listening service shows that it is a fairly accepted thing to do on holiday there.

Would I have left mine? No absolutely not. I'm baffled people even risk the listening service. However, I would put money on there being several very relieved families at that resort. Relieved that it wasn't their child that was taken when they were away enjoying dinner and a few drinks, leaving them with just a simple listening service for protection.
There was NO listening service provided by the hotel! Their friend, the Payne's, confirmed this in their police statement. They said they wanted a hotel with a listening service and although this hotel said they had one, they did not. So they "made their own".

The Payne's had bought a baby monitor that worked via Wifi so they did not get up to check on their kids as they could see/hear them. Why didn't the McCanns do this? The other family had the mother in law who was going back and forth and on the day of abduction, Jane was looking after one of the kids who was sick. It was essentially only the McCann kids left alone, completely.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I think in cat the nanny's statement she says there was a sit in service
This babysitting service is correct. ALL the parents used it AFTER Madeleine went missing, with Cat being the main babysitter.

There was NO listening service provided by the hotel! Their friend, the Payne's, confirmed this in their police statement. They said they wanted a hotel with a listening service and although this hotel said they had one, they did not. So they "made their own".

The Payne's had bought a baby monitor that worked via Wifi so they did not get up to check on their kids as they could see/hear them. Why didn't the McCanns do this?
I'd read (years ago, so I can't link it sorry) that there was a listening service. It's interesting to hear that maybe there wasn't.

I do think my original point still stands though. If other hotels provided this service, people presumably were utilising it and therefore it was considered 'acceptable'

I thought there was some sort of night crĆØche.... where you leave the children at say the kids club and itā€™s set up with beds, but they said that would be ā€œdisruptiveā€ for the children. Again Iā€™m not 100% on that but Iā€™m sure I remember seeing that.
Oooh that rings a bell actually.

I think in cat the nanny's statement she says there was a sit in service
I wonder has it got to do with the fact the McCanns were outside the hotel would their phone line be connected to the hotel reception ?

I'd read (years ago, so I can't link it sorry) that there was a listening service. It's interesting to hear that maybe there wasn't.

I do think my original point still stands though. If other hotels provided this service, people presumably were utilising it and therefore it was considered 'acceptable'
I'll try to find it, I only discovered there was no listening service two weeks ago when I was reading the PJ files! I hope I'm not making it up :ROFLMAO:
I get your point but almost all their group of friends took precautions with their children having nanny cams, mother in law (she would switch with either parent once they finished eating), etc. I would think two doctors would have enough brain cells between them to either spend 20 quid on a cheap nanny cam or utilise the sit in babysitting service.

Reactions: 3
They had a dinner service, where the kids would go to a room above the reception, I beleive. This was provided until 11:30pm.
Then there was a babysitting service.
These statements from 3 members of staff.
Screenshot_20200621-223807_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200621-223902_Samsung Internet.jpg

20200621_224430.jpg

I'll try to find it, I only discovered there was no listening service two weeks ago when I was reading the PJ files! I hope I'm not making it up :ROFLMAO:
I get your point but almost all their group of friends took precautions with their children having nanny cams, mother in law (she would switch with either parent once they finished eating), etc. I would think two doctors would have enough brain cells between them to either spend 20 quid on a cheap nanny cam or utilise the sit in babysitting service.
I've actually read the PJ files in full but clearly I haven't remembered all of the information in them accurately! Oops.

Fiona Payne confirms there was NO listening service:
'They all offered a babysitting service. When Dave and I went we didn't have children, but we were very aware, we met lots of couples that were using the babysitting ser, baby listening service, erm, where, you know, somebody goes, goes round the rooms and listens at the door for any, any children crying, erm, and then if they hear any crying they'll come and fetch you and you've told them where you are. So we were very familiar with that ethos of MARK WARNER and we assumed that the Portuguese one operated the same way and in the brochure it sold itself the same way as all the others. And it was only after booking that I specifically went through and said 'Well it doesn't actually mention the baby listening service on this one' and I rang up to check, because that was a big part, you know, we, we wanted to be able to have the social aspect of, of a holiday going away in a group and, plus, at that point, they couldn't, erm, they, they said 'Oh it's a bit more spread out and we can't put you all together in the same block' and that again was a bit annoying if they didn't have the baby listening service, so I'd rung up specifically to find out about this and was actually a bit annoyed when they said 'Well actually this doesn't operate a baby listening service', because I don't think we would have booked it had we known that'.
Link: http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

In Bridget Oā€™Donnellā€™s article for The Guardian, about her experience of being in the resort at the same time as the McCanns when Maddie went missing, she mentions there was a sit-in service but it was in high demand and had to be pre-booked in advance.

They werenā€™t left alone though Sarah was playing in a field with her older and younger siblings. April was outside her house playing with her friend which thousands of kids did daily. They werenā€™t left in a apt in a foreign country while the parents had a jolly good time
Agreed. They werenā€™t left in a kids club all day, then alone all evening. Also their ages ..twins were 2, Madeleine 3. Some people can defend them all they like and whether they are guilty remains to be seen. What is there for all to see is their very bad judgement and lack of parental responsibility. That cannot be argued.

Agreed. They werenā€™t left in a kids club all day, then alone all evening. Also their ages ..twins were 2, Madeleine 3. Some people can defend them all they like and whether they are guilty remains to be seen. What is there for all to see is their very bad judgement and lack of parental responsibility. That cannot be argued.
Nobody here is arguing that they fucked up in leaving them though. Every single person has already said it was neglectful and as parents totally unacceptable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.