Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NoodlesToodles

VIP Member
Just posted this in Conspiracy Theories as I didn't see this thread. Not sure if this has been mentioned but I remember seeing this police statement by a former Dr friend of the McCann's a few years ago. Very interesting. Could be far fetched but creepy nonetheless.

And held back by uk police for 5 months until the portugese report was getting shelved.

Disgrace.

That I never understood. How was there no DNA of her in the flat??? What about her bed she'd slept on for days? Her suitcase? a hairbrush? I just don't understand it. Especially when you think that child sexual abuse cases that happen within the family home are hard to prove because there's DNA of the victim and the perpetrator from just living there.

I also don't get the dog thing. Those dogs are specially trained, and people are like yes but they use pigs blood to do that. Well if that was the case then they'd never find any human blood ever would they but they did. No one has ever questioned sniffer dogs before the McCann's came around and decided that it couldn't be right all of a sudden.
The place reeked of bleach when the police arrived and the curtains had been washed. Who washes curtains on holiday?? 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 17

KateESJ

VIP Member
None of my children’s teddies smell like them? My children don’t smell of anything 😂 is that weird?!
My kid's don't either. They definitely smell, but not of my kids 😂

I still have my late sons comfort blanket and I wash it every so often in the same detergent I used to wash his clothes. Even though I don't use that one anymore. It doesn't smell like HIM but it smells like his clothes used to which is close enough for me.

• Heart

Sara_M

VIP Member
Our theories doubting the McCanns arent "conspiracy". They are based on statements and official findings of investigators and experts. From reading and looking at the details in the police files. At least, that's what my theories are based on.
They are not based on Daily Mail articles or chatter online.
Are there theories out there that are based on nothing more than feelings or outright dislike for the McCanns? I'm sure there are. But we're not all the same.

This German suspect is a monster. But, he was looked at and ruled out years ago. People seem to ignore that. German police keep making bold statements and keep giving conflicting reports on what "evidence" they have. By their own admission, they have no forensics, no body, no confession and nothing concrete enough to charge him with it. At the minute, he is no more credible than any other "suspect" before him. Madelines disappearance is not a German investigation. Their motives at this point are questionable. I get that they dont want him released. No one does. But I also dont want genuine guilt people to remain free because they stitched this guy up with it instead.

I am so very, very sorry for your loss @Freysimo 💕

• Heart

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I think even if that happens, the parents will still be frowned upon because they left their very young children home alone.
Well yes, there is that very unforgivable fact that has been glossed over by the parents and their friends ever since. As others have said, if Kate and Gerry were on holiday at Haven in Skegness, working minimal wage jobs or heaven forbid, claiming benefits and their child disappeared after they left her alone to go out to eat with friends, they would have been prosecuted for child neglect, and the twins would have been the subjection of child protection orders.

Edited to add - nowt wrong with Haven at Skeggy, I've been there a few times with my family and it's a lovely site. Never left the kids on their own though.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I don’t think any other parents of missing children have had the same level of government support (happy be corrected). I get that Maddie is slightly different due to it happening in another country but still, they’ve had a lot more support than other parents like Kerry Needham for example who’s son also went missing in a foreign country.

• Heart

ChelsLou

Long time lurker of this thread!

The Maddie McCann case is one that’s always bugged me. I was only 10 when she went missing and I remember it being all over the news and my parents being absolutely terrified at how bizarre the whole case was / is. Just HOW can somebody disappear like this?

I’ve recently watched the documentary on Netflix again. What really winds me up the most is that it was clear neglect on her parents part. I’m sorry, but if this was a typical family from a council estate that had abandoned their children for a few drinks at the local they’d have been done for neglect no questions asked.

I’ve seen a LOT of theories surrounding this case and had always believed the parents played part in it. I’ve no idea why but I’ve just always got weird vibes of them, ESPECIALLY the dad.

Reactions: 16

Silbee

VIP Member
And held back by uk police for 5 months until the portugese report was getting shelved.

Disgrace.

The place reeked of bleach when the police arrived and the curtains had been washed. Who washes curtains on holiday?? 🤔
Good point. Much of this kind of information doesn't get mentioned today.

There was no DNA of Maddie's to be found by forensics when they combed the place. DNA is practically impossible to eliminate.

In the end, the Police flew back to the UK with one of the parents and secured her DNA from her pillow and other items.

Another fact that always left out is they found spinal fluid on the floor behind the curtains but had none of her DNA to compare it to. They later confirmed it was hers.

As the Police said at the time, it was like she was never in the apartment. That, is a lot of cleaning.

Edited to add: Because of the spinal fluid, I've always thought she died in the apartment,

Last edited:
  • Wow

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Harold Shipman pillar of the community ? anything is possible 🤷‍♀️
Exactly.

I've seen so many comments like "surely one of the Tapas 7 would have cracked". I'm not saying it was a cover up but it's not out of the realms of possibilty that they couldn't keep a secret.

Do you know how many people knew Jimmy Saville was abusing those girls yet said nothing about it? Not only did he die, but I'd imagine there were many executives and staff that died with that knowledge.

R. Kelly had plenty of staff around him knowing he was raping underage girls yet not a soul told anyone. Some spoke out but that was only AFTER the victims came forward.

Larry Nassar (the US gymnastic coach) from 1992 to 2015 when he was finally accused of it abused over 250 girls. You think people didn't know about that?

Situations like this don't operate on logic, morals or decency. The tapas 7 were high ranked individuals in professional careers with the risk of losing that, their kids, prospect of jail and they'd likely need new identities along with their children who they'd never see again. Don't underestimate what people would do in a crisis. As the examples above show don't underestimate loyality either.

Not to mention, when you tell yourself something enough times, you start to believe it.

idk2

VIP Member
Hopefully the twins have been put in some sort of therapy - I know the McCanns stated in an interview a few years ago that the twins are kept updated on all the cases proceedings but they're 15 now so will have social media and it is BRUTAL online when it comes to this case. So many conspiracies theories and so many angry people asking why this still has so much priority compared to other cases.

• Sad

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Not gonna lie I am kinda curious about the twins’ thoughts on it all. But at the same time that makes me feel kind of morbid and wrong. Knowing how brutal people can be when discussing this case, I actually hope they stay out of the whole thing for their own sanity. They don’t need to say anything to anyone, this isn’t their fight.

The McCann's have released a statement saying there has been no letter sent to them or their people, the press have made it up.
Updates
Kate & Gerry McCann Statement: June 16th 2020

Since the recent police appeals regarding Madeleine’s disappearance there have been many inaccurate stories reported in the media. The widely reported news that we have a received a letter from the German authorities that states there is evidence or proof that Madeleine is dead is FALSE. Like many unsubstantiated stories in the media, this has caused unnecessary anxiety to friends and family and once again disrupted our lives.

As we have stated many times before, we will not give a running commentary on the investigation- that is the job of the law enforcement agencies and we will support them in any way requested. Furthermore, we do not have a family spokesperson nor are we actively paying any lawyers. Any recent comments attributed in the media have not come from us unless they have been posted on our website. If there are important developments that can be made public, they will be issued through official police channels.

Kate and Gerry

• Sad

LadyLockdown

VIP Member

Tiptoes

This thread has kept me busy for two nights! Like a few people, I am torn with the evidence.

There are lots of inconsistencies.

I feel the McCanns were,to many, unlikeable. They were middle class with privilege, in the eyes of a lot of people. I am not sure if there is a right or wrong way to react to something like this. In the eyes of many their reaction did not "seem fitting". They seemed to get a lot of high level help quickly and comparisons made to Ben Needham.

I personally think their grief was in private. Out of both of them, Kate seemed broken.
However, the tennis playing, running and seemingly not searching or cooperating in the early days seems odd. Gerry seems very controlling and took charge.

The lack of providing a recent photo to police in the early days is also odd. Generally parents take a lot of photos on holiday!? The washing of cuddle cat is very concerning. Filthy or not, I would want my childs smell/ last touch on there !?

I just hope the child did not/is not suffering.

Reactions: 15

Savewaterdrinkgin

Chatty Member
Kate phoned the police to tell them about a dream she had showing where her daughter was buried on a hill. I remember this infuriated Gerry and he publicly spoke out that it wasn’t true. I think she was overcome with guilt and was planning to come clean. Then the bruises came. She claimed she’d been angry and hit the bed but this didn’t tally up with the age or place of the bruising. It was most likely from being restrained. Kate was apparently bad tempered and would lash out. I’d believe this more of Gerry than Kate as he comes across as very cold and controlling, but no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

They knew maddie would never be found, they made her a ward of court so they could access all the information the police had on them essentially washing their hands of parental rights to her. Jerry’s famous smug words were ‘find her body and prove we killed her’. They couldn’t have made it more obvious any sightings were pointless to them, they had no interest and they knew it wasn’t her as she was long gone. Kate complained the police were driving too fast and didn’t give her any lunch at one point. She made sure her highlights were always perfect.

Kate said she wished she could go back to that day and see who was watching their family. Odd. I’d want to go back to life before the holiday and never go there so I still had my child, personally.

Does anyone remember the towel that was found in a barn with blood on it? It matched the dna found in the hire car boot. Everything was wiped instantly from the news after this being reported proving someone high up was protecting them. Normal parents would be horrified at that news assuming someone had hurt their child, but not the McCanns, no they claimed it was a lie and became defensive.

Kate’s trousers were marked by the dogs. She claimed she attended to dead bodies at work in those trousers, her work place denied she was ever around dead bodies in her role. Why lie? Who wears work trousers on holiday if it had been true?

The night Mrs fenn heard a child calling daddy is an odd one. I read a theory that it may have been Kate actually screaming Maddie after something happened to her. Her phone was in the apartment at the time showing she was there. It’s common knowledge Kate struggled and asked relatives to have Maddie permanently, palming her off to enjoy Christmas as a family of 4. She looks unkept and scruffy in most photos compared to the twins, her clothes didn’t fit properly either. I don’t think she was the wanted child they made her out to be sadly. They described her as ‘almost perfect’.

There were rumours the McCanns were broke and heading for divorce before the holiday. Whatever secret they have has kept them trapped together indefinitely. At one point Gerry seemed to turn on kate, he was willing to throw her under the bus to save himself when they became suspects. Gerry was worried kate would blab, he controlled every interview and what Kate could say. The smiles and laughter days after the ‘abduction’ confirmed they’d got away with it. The money started rolling in and they got an extension on their house ready to live happily ever after with donations from generous people who fell for their lies.

• Wow

Shazzyshizzle

Chatty Member
Even though I have thought for years that Madeline is no longer alive I felt very sad this morning waking up to read that 'German Police have evidence that she is dead' this means something, they cannot say this with no evidence, can they? I had swayed back and forth for years with who was responsible and always thought her parents knew more, I've read everything available and watched so much but you still had that hope that she would be found. She was failed by her parents, at the end of the day if she was not left alone she would not be missing.

God bless Madeleine.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Sara_M

VIP Member
If Madeleine was abducted and murdered back in 2007, by this German paedophile, and this is proved beyond all doubt, then there will be a lot of people who owe the McCann parents a massive apology - myself included.
Same! If there was something that proved it was him, 110%, i would owe them a huge apology and will gladly hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

I think I said this before, and I hope it comes across the way I intend it, on a very simple level, I hope it was them. Not because of hatred for them, or to say "I told you so" but because, I dont even want to consider what happened that little girl if some sick bastard took her. Her fear, pain and suffering is too much to think about.
I hope it was a case of, they just gave her too much sedative, she fell asleep and the little angel simply never woke up.

• Heart

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
He really does. That has made my blood run cold.
I genuinely hope nothing comes of this. I think it’s likely something will, but a part of me hopes nothing does. That poor, poor little girl. I’d rather think of her dying accidentally but loved by her family and having had a good time than snatched by the likes of that creepster - what a degrading way to go. ☹

• Sad

Scubasf

Also, there is the possibility that the parents are completely innocent of anything to do with her disappearance (other than making the inexcusable decision to leave three children alone of course) but that they lied to or misled the police because they thought they could be prosecuted for leaving their children unattended. That could account for some of the discrepancies, e.g. they said that the window had been ‘jemmied’ open, but it hadn’t and the only fingerprints on the shutters were Kate’s. it could well be that they left the door unlocked but realised that by doing this they had allowed an abductor to enter the apartment freely so they pretended that the door had been locked and staged the window being forced open. I’m not saying that that is what happened, just that it’s another possibility and something that makes them look guilty of their daughter’s death but may just indicate that they tampered with the scene to make themselves look less irresponsible. Just a thought.

Tots

VIP Member
I couldn’t carry 3 children! That would be hard to deal with if they all woke at once. I totes agree about the child neglect side of things, although I don’t know if it would have been seen as detrimental to the twins in some way? I saw in the press recently a case where a mum left her 9 year old alone in a caravan with a large dog while she went and drank/drugs with friends and he got mauled to death by the dog and she has been jailed. It made me immediately think of the comparison with this case and how the parents have been treated very differently.

That was a horrific case. Not really comparable other than a child being left alone. In that boys case, he was left in a caravan with a dangerous dog that he didn’t know, a known risk. He got up and went to find his mum at 2am to say he was hungry, she was in another caravan with the dogs owner and other adults, taking drugs and drinking. The mum took him back to the caravan with the dog and left him again. When she checked on him at 4.30, his PlayStation was on and he had bled out from 54 different injuries where the dog had violently attacked him. An awful way to die, aged 9, alone.

• Sad
  • Angry