M&S Food

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s probably already been mentioned but the Italian deal, 4 mains and 4 sides for £15 is good value, love their Italian range. I’m having the lasagne tonight followed by the lemon cheesecake 😍

Reactions: 8
I had an M&S lunch last week - mexican bean and sweet pototato wrap and it was delish! So good. I usually always go for their fresh sushi which is also fab but this was so so good.

Reactions: 1
The bang bang salad is really good, if anyone wants a lunch alternative to a sandwich.

Having the best ever macaroni cheese tonight 🥳

Reactions: 3
Just cracked open the almond biscuits. They are delicious. I don’t know if I should thank you or curse you all for recommending. Could be dangerous.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s probably already been mentioned but the Italian deal, 4 mains and 4 sides for £15 is good value, love their Italian range. I’m having the lasagne tonight followed by the lemon cheesecake 😍
Speaking of Lasagnes Sainsbury (frozen) taste the difference one is lovely

This dish looks heavenly! Always wanted to try the bacon naan from Indian restaurant Dishoom

Posting because their comment really made me chuckle

1C9CAD66-A770-4D5E-939D-51CB9FBE53AC.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Had that bbq salad kit last night after some of you guys recommended it, really really nice ❤
I grabbed this one tonight, on this forum’s recommendation. I liked the combination of the ranch, lettuce and crispy onion but I’d leave out the bbq sauce next time and dip my chips in it instead.

All this Tin talk inspired me to buy a hard seltzer (black cherry) to drink while watching the football. It was really nice

Attachments

Reactions: 3
I bought the Plant Kitchen Kievs based on this thread.

Mr Haggis was thoroughly unimpressed and I was sorely disappointed. They were really bland with a weird texture.

Reactions: 4
I bought the Plant Kitchen Kievs based on this thread.

Mr Haggis was thoroughly unimpressed and I was sorely disappointed. They were really bland with a weird texture.
I bought the Plant Kitchen fish pieces and we were unimpressed with them, same again the texture was a bit strange and "claggy" We then found the Kievs and they were the same, won't be buying either again.

I bought the Super Nutty Wholefood salad for lunch today, £2. I had one when we went out for the day last week and forgot to keep the package as I wanted to make it at home, it is very tasty but find that I can eat it all although it says 2 portions on the pack.

I bought the Plant Kitchen fish pieces and we were unimpressed with them, same again the texture was a bit strange and "claggy" We then found the Kievs and they were the same, won't be buying either again.

I bought the Super Nutty Wholefood salad for lunch today, £2. I had one when we went out for the day last week and forgot to keep the package as I wanted to make it at home, it is very tasty but find that I can eat it all although it says 2 portions on the pack.
Claggy is exactly the word to describe them!

Reactions: 2
I liked the plant Kievs when I first had them which was before the pandemic. Had them twice. Maybe they’ve changed the recipe. I got them on yellow sticker.

I stand by my love for the plant kitchen Kievs. Even my dad, who eats his steaks blue, has them weekly

Reactions: 2
I stand by my love for the plant kitchen Kievs. Even my dad, who eats his steaks blue, has them weekly
Ah Spanner, it takes all sorts and life would be very dull if we all liked the same thing!

But you’re both wrong about the Kievs! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I got sucked in by seeing the Hard Seltzers on social media (love flavoured fizzy water, gutted that M&S seem to have stopped stocking Aqua Libre and their own ones are too sweet for me)… having them at a picnic at the weekend so will report back. Got every flavour 😂

I think M&S Plant Kitchen Kievs are most (non CoVid related) controversial thing I’ve seen in my short time on here.

They are “claggy”, poorly seasoned, not garlicky enough and really oily.

They are now my 2nd ever biggest M&S food disappointment. My all time number 1 being their removal of Chinese Chicken Drumsticks, sometime in the late 90’s. My now husband and I bonded over this loss decades later and still check the cooked chicken bits section every time we go in on the off chance that they’ve been reinstated. (We don’t want them in wing format).

Reactions: 9
This thread is the best thing that's happened to me this year. My people! My yellow label, M and S adoring people!

My partner puts up with my yellow label spree updates and laughs. Now I know I have people who appreciate me! (He loves a yellow label himself but is not fully dedicated to the cause).

I live in Dublin and I sent him a pic of that passion fruit sachet saying oh I wish we had this here (cos several items mentioned I've never seen in Ireland) and he was like eh I've seen that in the branch near my work. He is now instructed to buy it if ever seen again.

I noticed people mentioning summer special salads and sandwiches. Could someone let me know about them as I haven't heard anything about them here? What are they? Maybe we won't get them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.