M&S Food

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You have all successfully put me off buying one of the Colin the caterpillar jars. I'll wait till Aldi brings out a knock off, well better version 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What do we think of the best ever prawn sandwich??

loved the sandwich but sadly the only time I tried it was perched on a bench in the pouring rain at London zoo and it’s bringing back all the bad memories thinking of it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What do we think of the best ever prawn sandwich??

loved the sandwich but sadly the only time I tried it was perched on a bench in the pouring rain at London zoo and it’s bringing back all the bad memories thinking of it 🤣
That’s one of my favourite sandwiches, alongside their chicken salad - simple but so delicious!

My favourite sandwich coronation chicken or from the new deli counters the bang bang chicken wrap or the chicken and bacon Cesar wrap.

Reactions: 1
Mini Colin caterpillar cakes are good. Ive also had one of the BLT sandwiches this week, I don’t usually buy these but I thought it was really good! The new jalapeño dip is really nice! Especially with the cantina nachos, thanks for that recommendation!! And lastly I’m not sure if they’ve been mentioned but the West Country luxury yoghurts they do are immense, especially the strawberry and cream flavour! Actually tastes like eating a nice cream with strawberries.

Reactions: 2
Mini Colin caterpillar cakes are good. Ive also had one of the BLT sandwiches this week, I don’t usually buy these but I thought it was really good! The new jalapeño dip is really nice! Especially with the cantina nachos, thanks for that recommendation!! And lastly I’m not sure if they’ve been mentioned but the West Country luxury yoghurts they do are immense, especially the strawberry and cream flavour! Actually tastes like eating a nice cream with strawberries.
Ooh I might grab the yogurts, not M&S but I had a Tims Dairy Blackcurrant yogurt from Waitrose last week and the difference in quality was astounding, just delicious. It's not until you try something special that you realise what a huge gulf there can be in quality and that in the main you get what you pay for.

Ooh I might grab the yogurts, not M&S but I had a Tims Dairy Blackcurrant yogurt from Waitrose last week and the difference in quality was astounding, just delicious. It's not until you try something special that you realise what a huge gulf there can be in quality and that in the main you get what you pay for.
M&S yoghurts are actually one of the things that I always grab! I agree about the West Country luxury ones.

I used to really like their prawn cocktail sandwiches with Mary rose sauce. Any idea if they still sell them? I haven't been in an M&S since before the pandemic. They were really good sandwiches. I think they were £3.50 a pack. I
Are you thinking of the Best Ever Prawn Sandwich? They still do those but I actually prefer the cheaper version.

I also love their cheese and onion sandwich or the cheese and celery one.

Reactions: 3
I love the Wensleydale and Carrot Chutney one. I hadn’t had one for ages and bought one last week - it was like meeting an old friend again 😀

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Are you thinking of the Best Ever Prawn Sandwich? They still do those but I actually prefer the cheaper version.

Yeah that's the one. The best ever prawn sandwich. I haven't tried the cheaper ones, but the best ever one is really nice in my opinion.

Yesterday, I secretly ate the whole pack of Marmite cream cheese with a spoon and then told my husband I’d forgotten to order any. This could be the beginning of the end of my marriage but no regrets

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I love the Wensleydale and Carrot Chutney one. I hadn’t had one for ages and bought one last week - it was like meeting an old friend again 😀
This is my favourite!! I totally forgot it existed. I’m going to have to go on the hunt for one ASAP 🤣

Reactions: 1

I agree with your sandwich choices. Waitrose also dies a cheese and celery and cheese and onion. I also like the choice of items in their in store fresh bakery section. Those items aren’t available for the online ordering I do as they don’t come from a store.

Does anyone remember their Chicken Tikka sandwich? Absolute heaven on a plate, that is if you hadn’t scoffed it down before it reached a plate😁. No idea why they stopped it, it was voted Britain’s Favourite Sandwich for several years running; I actually read on an inflight British Airways magazine that Americans should head to M&S to try one, it was the nearest thing - in amount of filling - they could buy in the UK.

Th
Does anyone remember their Chicken Tikka sandwich? Absolute heaven on a plate, that is if you hadn’t scoffed it down before it reached a plate😁. No idea why they stopped it, it was voted Britain’s Favourite Sandwich for several years running; I actually read on an inflight British Airways magazine that Americans should head to M&S to try one, it was the nearest thing - in amount of filling - they could buy in the UK.
is that the one with the onion bread? That was a good one! Think it was only around for the summer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.