M&S Food #9 Christmas is coming and the prices are getting fat, plz put some good offers in the sparks app!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooo I didn't know that about the garlic bread! If it's sustainable I best support it and buy some. Have seen it in store a few times but always resisted. The frozen section in mine is really disappointing overall though, never any frozen cookies and mainly ice cream rather than actual food, boo.
It's not all their garlic bread, it's a specific type in its own freezer usually (though not always) It will be in their standard bakery bag with a sticker with cooking instructions.
I think the price is fine and I'm surprised people didn't realise it was their own bread nearing it's sell by. Pretty sure that was mentioned in the original post but I guess since then said garlic bread has reached mythical proportions and its origins are lost in the mists of posts

ETA 1 loaf £1, 2 loaves £2, boules £2.50

Reactions: 9
It's not all their garlic bread, it's a specific type in its own freezer usually (though not always) It will be in their standard bakery bag with a sticker with cooking instructions.
I think the price is fine and I'm surprised people didn't realise it was their own bread nearing it's sell by. Pretty sure that was mentioned in the original post but I guess since then said garlic bread has reached mythical proportions and its origins are lost in the mists of posts

ETA 1 loaf £1, 2 loaves £2, boules £2.50
Yeah I've seen it in its own small freezer and it did look delicious was trying to be good though as seems one of the foods I'll get addicted to 😂 if it's reducing wastage though then obviously I love the planet so have to support it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah I've seen it in its own small freezer and it did look delicious was trying to be good though as seems one of the foods I'll get addicted to 😂 if it's reducing wastage though then obviously I love the planet so have to support it.
Fortunately for me I have to make a special journey to get it and my freezer is a bit full so that keeps a lid on it

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My daughter loves flipz chocolate pretzels. Bought these as I couldn't be arsed to go to Tesco.
20221117_101443.jpg

How bad a parent does it make me that I hope she secretly hates them so I can eat them all 😋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
If you stop scanning your sparks card the offers seem to appear eventually! My theory is whilst they know u r shooing there they don’t need to give u offers because u will go there anyway. Since I stopped scanning I’ve had a fair amount, prior to that nothing!

Reactions: 3
If you stop scanning your sparks card the offers seem to appear eventually! My theory is whilst they know u r shooing there they don’t need to give u offers because u will go there anyway. Since I stopped scanning I’ve had a fair amount, prior to that nothing!
I found the opposite which is so confusing! I stopped going (painful) then when I started going again I have more offers. Maybe this will stop when they see I am a regular for the goodies.

Reactions: 5
Arise, Saint Struggs! 😇

Reactions: 1
I think it’s a rota, I noticed the same pattern over the course of 12 months, I get booms and busts, and this time last year for me there was not a single offer to be seen! Perhaps it’s based on joining date? It would be silly to have all customers on the same schedule, but perhaps we all experience rotations of many offers followed by a breather space

Same.
And I have been shopping in M&S at least twice a week for the past few weeks. 😔
Same! I’m usually in for bits a couple of times a week. Maybe we’ll get loads of amazing offers soon? 🤞

I was in one of my usual stores today and no garlic bread of dreams 😭 So that store must not do it.

Has anyone had the honeycomb chocolate lately? The pieces are so small and I think they taste weird. Is it just me or does anyone else think this?

Apologies if these observations have already been made on the thread! SPOT THE DIFFERENCE! Cornish Cruncher rice balls. In the party food deal or £5.50 per packet (wow lol) OR the Cornish Cruncher arancini in the bistro £15 family meal deal or £3.00 per packet. Granted I think the bistro version has fewer in the packet, but still? Also, Extremely Chocolatey Yule Logs OR the normal Double Chocolate Mini Bites. Has anyone had both and can confirm if there is any difference other than the sugar dusting? Same price, but to me just looks like the same thing with Christmas packaging.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I got a yellow sticker bargain yesterday on the limited edition chicken, nduja, tomato spicy wrap. I had it for lunch today and highly recommend having it toasted. Really nice 😋

Went to the food hall the next town over today and still no chocolate bar advent calendars. I can’t even find empty shelf space, I’m not convinced they exist 😅

But I did find the chocolate topple towers! So got one for me and one for my childminder as normally get her a few M&S bits for Christmas.

These lattice topped mince pies, the store had loads on yellow sticker for 40p so guess they’re all best before today. If I had the freezer space I would have stocked up.

Also found the chocolate & cinnamon tortillas. The staff member who helped me with the self checkout was intrigued 😂

Attachments

• Heart
Went to the food hall the next town over today and still no chocolate bar advent calendars. I can’t even find empty shelf space, I’m not convinced they exist 😅

But I did find the chocolate topple towers! So got one for me and one for my childminder as normally get her a few M&S bits for Christmas.

These lattice topped mince pies, the store had loads on yellow sticker for 40p so guess they’re all best before today. If I had the freezer space I would have stocked up.

Also found the chocolate & cinnamon tortillas. The staff member who helped me with the self checkout was intrigued 😂
I couldn’t find any in ANY of the stores in my county, had to drive an hour south to find them, they do exist but for some reason aren’t in every store, so frustrating!

Apologies if these observations have already been made on the thread! SPOT THE DIFFERENCE! Cornish Cruncher rice balls. In the party food deal or £5.50 per packet (wow lol) OR the Cornish Cruncher arancini in the bistro £15 family meal deal or £3.00 per packet. Granted I think the bistro version has fewer in the packet, but still? Also, Extremely Chocolatey Yule Logs OR the normal Double Chocolate Mini Bites. Has anyone had both and can confirm if there is any difference other than the sugar dusting? Same price, but to me just looks like the same thing with Christmas packaging.
I hate sneaky stuff like this!!

The Cornish cruncher balls - would be interesting to know what the price per gram is for each one. They are definitely the same thing in different packaging!

I hate sneaky stuff like this!!

The Cornish cruncher balls - would be interesting to know what the price per gram is for each one. They are definitely the same thing in different packaging!
I've also looked at these. The party food version has 12 in the packet, wasn't able to count the bistro deal one as the label wouldn't move, but I think it may have had 8 or 10. I bought the party food version as I got the party food deal (which I won't be getting very often, even at 4 for the price of 3, it was still a very expensive buy). The £15 bistro deal looked good and I liked the selection, probably arguably better value than the party food.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.