M&S Food #9 Christmas is coming and the prices are getting fat, plz put some good offers in the sparks app!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Waitrose have a surprising number of gluten free meals, they aren’t indicated as such but for example the mozzarella stuffed meatballs with a tomato sauce and herb crumb use gluten free breadcrumbs! Always worth checking their ingredients

Thinking about it this is such an easy switch that M&S could do, things like the kyivs and shepherd pie could have a gluten free breadcrumb relatively easily and boom huge increase in accessible consumers
Ooh I shall be seeking that Waitrose meal out because I feel hungry just thinking about it 😂 thanks!

Reactions: 3
So random but does anyone use a potato peeler on their cheese? Omg I sound mental but it’s the best way! Loads of skinny shavings of cheese on a plate in front of the telly. Melts in your mouth!
Sorry if that sounds so weird 🙈

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
So random but does anyone use a potato peeler on their cheese? Omg I sound mental but it’s the best way! Loads of skinny shavings of cheese on a plate in front of the telly. Melts in your mouth!
Yes! It’s the easiest way to get even cheese for cheese on toast!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Haha my grandad has a v v old cheese slice that is like a potato peeler. Totally makes sense and is perfect for cheese on toast/crackers etc!

• Heart
7E70F8C3-A006-44A3-96A5-19B1487492F5.jpeg
I’ve got one of these

• Wow
I have finally had the garlic baguette of dreams. I had it with my M and S recipe -lentils, stock, mushrooms, onions, garlic, chilli, tomatoes and red pepper.
All I can say is yum! 😋😋😋😋😋

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I got a free farmhouse loaf today on my Sparks 🥳 I don’t really eat bread, but I’m sure as hell going to collect it even if I give it away, a freebie has been a long time coming!

• Haha
Theory: the frozen garlic bread is made using loaves of bread they can no longer sell on the bakery counter

it’s still delicious but I do wish they’d discount the price slightly to reflect it if so and highlight the sustainability/ food waste, could be a great idea for all supermarkets to follow

Reactions: 12
Theory: the frozen garlic bread is made using loaves of bread they can no longer sell on the bakery counter

it’s still delicious but I do wish they’d discount the price slightly to reflect it if so and highlight the sustainability/ food waste, could be a great idea for all supermarkets to follow
Yeah, I'm sure I read that that's what they are from? But you're right, they don't really sell the sustainability factor.
It would be good if they sold the garlic butter pats in the bakery too, so people could buy them and make their own garlic bread/justify buying a whole loaf from the bakery (I know garlic butter isn't hard to make, but I never make it!)

That's literally their marketing campaign for it 😂
They say that instead of bread being discounted after it's been out on display for a while, they create this garlic deliciousness and freeze it.
You can see the bakery staff making it at points (slicing it and stuffing it) throughout the day.
Maybe they've not pushed the reasoning in your store but I've seen loads of advertising about the sustainability of it, both in store and elsewhere.

I don't think they should sell it at a lower price though. They're not waiting until the bread has turned and then making garlic loaves.
It's still fresh bread when they freeze it (like most fresh products that get frozen) so not past it's best or anything.

I think it's a pretty great idea and is by far the best garlic bread. I could just eat that on its own!

I tried the new gingerbread milkshake thing last week. Didn't like it at all. Was so disappointed.
Bring back the oat milk salted caramel one!!!!

Reactions: 9
Ooo I didn't know that about the garlic bread! If it's sustainable I best support it and buy some. Have seen it in store a few times but always resisted. The frozen section in mine is really disappointing overall though, never any frozen cookies and mainly ice cream rather than actual food, boo.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.