M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😂 do you even like bananas?

Have faith, I ate my first freebie yesterday: 100g Swiss chocolate. It will happen.
yes but I don't like chocolate so kinda glad I didn't get the truffles etc. What i do love is the bakery freebies.. You can max out on posh bread..I don't tend to get anything other than sweets or bakery offers or freebies so was pleased to get fruit..

Reactions: 2
yes but I don't like chocolate so kinda glad I didn't get the truffles etc. What i do love is the bakery freebies.. You can max out on posh bread..I don't tend to get anything other than sweets or bakery offers or freebies so was pleased to get fruit..
A banana split would be a tasty way to use up those bananas.

Reactions: 1
Can’t believe you all missed the obvious….. banana bread!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A banana split would be a tasty way to use up those bananas.
I eat bananas but I don;t eat sweets or junk food..but thanks for the suggestion

I think it's been blanked from many a memory. Even I made banana bread and I cannot bake for toffee 🤣
I don't bake and didn't do banana bread in the lockdown 1. because we couldn't find flour and 2.. we don't have any kitchen worktops so food prep is a tricky thing

Popped in this afternoon. Grabbed some more cheese hot cross buns 🥰 and chocolate tea cakes. They were selling the love heart ravioli for £1.25 and this Camembert for 82p, so I grabbed one for DH.
I don't need to fly back to the UK.. I can swim on my drool after seeing this bargain

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Popped in this afternoon. Grabbed some more cheese hot cross buns 🥰 and chocolate tea cakes. They were selling the love heart ravioli for £1.25 and this Camembert for 82p, so I grabbed one for DH.
By chocolate tea cakes do mean ones with marshmallow?

Can confirm the Banzai citrus fruit currently in store is delicious. It’s a hybrid of a mandarin, satsuma and an orange. Size of an orange, the knobbly peel of a Seville orange and peepable into segments like a satsuma. Really tender flesh and just the right balance of acidity and sweetness.
They are not cheap at £1.05 each but Ocado are charging £1.50 each 😤.
Don’t bother with the Aliza fruit currently in store too, unless you like butter citrus and grapefruit flavours. Unpleasant texture too

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Went into M&S today for the first time since Christmas. Nothing left from the Valentine’s Day deal - was hoping to get a pie discounted - only 3 yellow stickers in the whole shop (I checked every aisle). I saw the sweet potato tortilla chips mentioned and they have blue corn ones too. Also saw the carrot cake cupcakes - they’re a new product so likely to be around for a while for the poster who wanted to try them. I bought the gastropub cottage pie as a quick easy dinner and used a sparks voucher for 15% off ready meals. Perhaps now I’ll be given a freebie 🙏

Reactions: 1
When their avocados are on offer for 65p it's an absolute bargain. Unlike other supermarkets the m&s avocados always ripen perfectly and I hardly ever waste any. You just have to buy them 4 days in advance and put in the fridge as soon as they ripen. Thanks for the 50p off £3!

Reactions: 3
I’ve finally worked out why the yellow stickers in my local M&S are often few and far between. They donate most of the stuff that would go to yellow stickers to local foodbanks. I was in at almost closing time today and there was man filling a trolley with things, so I asked

i love that. Glad it doesn’t go to waste!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Went into M&S today for the first time since Christmas. Nothing left from the Valentine’s Day deal - was hoping to get a pie discounted - only 3 yellow stickers in the whole shop (I checked every aisle). I saw the sweet potato tortilla chips mentioned and they have blue corn ones too. Also saw the carrot cake cupcakes - they’re a new product so likely to be around for a while for the poster who wanted to try them. I bought the gastropub cottage pie as a quick easy dinner and used a sparks voucher for 15% off ready meals. Perhaps now I’ll be given a freebie 🙏
It’s happened! I have got a freebie 😳

AE65335D-1608-42DB-A221-8F956CA189AF.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I’d rather yours than mine: plant kitchen porridge but I can’t be too humbug about it as at least they’re offering me free things now.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just nommed the “serves 2” valentines mac n cheese with garlic crumb for my lunch

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Got some chocolate cookie dough bites today. They were in a smaller tub than all the other bites, so I'm expecting big things from them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.