M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had the tear and share burger thing last night that we’ve had in the freezer for a while … another crushing disappointment which had promised so much. Basically just bread and a rancid gherkin sauce, there was barely any burger/mince to be found 😢

NY Resolution, don’t fall for any of the M&S short term specials, they’re nearly always tit, just stick to the long term classics like their bone in chicken kievs

Reactions: 5
Had the tear and share burger thing last night that we’ve had in the freezer for a while … another crushing disappointment which had promised so much. Basically just bread and a rancid gherkin sauce, there was barely any burger/mince to be found 😢
I had some burger spring rolls from the freezer and the burger sauce does not benefit from being frozen! Was very acidic - not a nuanced flavour as it was when it was fresh, it just tasted of vinegar.

Reactions: 1
Late to the party but I jumped on the cheese profiterole bandwagon for xmas and they were vile - I've never tasted hot Laughing Cow cheese triangles before but that's all they tasted of. I'd bought two packs on the 4 for 3 and ended up chucking half the first packet and the whole second packet out :sick: On the plus side the other two party food items were lush and I was really pleased with those, particularly the mini toad in the holes which were yum with gravy:love:
I got the cheese profiteroles and they went down a treat! I didn't try them but those who did polished them off in minutes. The chicken tikka naans were alright - nice level of spice and the tiny naans were lovely.
We also picked up some potato croquettes and cheesy potato croquettes: think they will go nicely with a roast beef dinner tomorrow.

Reactions: 3
We’ve just had the Cornish cruncher bake for lunch and actually might be one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. I think it’s pricey at £4.50 but was definitely tasty enough that I’d buy again:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We had the burger wreath last night as part of our nibbles. It was just ok. The dip defo doesn’t like to be frozen. Odd, given it’s a frozen product. Little shout out to the sainsburys vegetable gyozas! Cheap and cheerful! Really enjoyed them! Also, the m&s frozen veg spring rolls are 👌🏼 £4 for 12 I think. They are fab!!! I will defo repurchase in place of the veg spring rolls in the Chinese range. We also had the Camembert bites with the cranberry something. Very nice.

Elbow deep in the triple chocolate pannetone here gang! Down to 2.50 in the New Year’s Eve dash round and worth every penny, big mug of English breakfast tea and a big slice of Pannetone, hello 2022! I’d say all the best but i’d sound far too like the Hinch!😉

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Had the Sticky Asian Chicken lollipops tonight and they were incredible
Wasn’t sure to get them as £7 but thought hey it’s New Years treat myself

only thing was meant to get 12 in pack and there was only 11 🤨

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I have done the Lord's work and sampled an obscene amount of Party Food, all in the name of research for next year of course ;)

Halloumi Fries - All I could taste was the breadcrumbs, wouldn't buy again
Brie & Cranberry Tartlets - Gorgeous!
Tempura Prawns (Frozen) - Lovely, came out the oven nice and crispy which oven cooked tempura often doesn't, very impressed
Camembert Wedges - Was really looking forward to these, but like the halloumi I found the breadcrumbs over powering, texture wasn't as nice as the McDonalds ones either!
Cheesy Profiteroles - SO GOOD! The person who compared them to melted Laughing Cow isn't wrong but we absolutely loved them, gooey deliciousness
Sticky Asian Style Chicken Lollipops - I absolutely hated the texture of these, I can only describe as like a chicken meatball 😳 I know these are a fan fave though, they were a bit too spicy for me also
Burger Spring Rolls - Pleasingly similar to the Disney version, and our dipping sauce was fine. These rated highly until...
Duck Spring Rolls - Probably the overall winner, and not something we would usually try. Only picked them up because some of you had mentioned them so thank you! Next year we'll not bother with burger ones but still get these, too samey to have both.
Mini Chicken Kievs - Loved these last year, didn't think they fit as a buffet choice overall as best eaten straight out the oven, would have as part of a meal though
Pork Belly Bites - A fave of OH, delicious.
Yakatori Chicken Kebabs - Love that these are thigh meat, so tender and delicious. Very filling though so would prefer for a barbecue.
Chicken Tikki Naans - Very spicy! Liked the idea of these but wasn't wild about texture of the pulled chicken as well as the spicy. Naan was nice though!
Mini Battered Sausages - Awful! Actually wanted to spit it out, I don't know if it was the curry sauce or the actual sausage but very vinegar-y after taste.
Potato Skins - Tasty and cooked well, nice to have something a little more 'normal' as quite an indulgent selection
Spicy Beef Empanadas - Tasted like little mini tacos without the mess, really liked them
Mini Beef Wellingtons - Really good, even fusspot OH loved them. Mimicked taste of real thing well.
Mini Salmon Encroute - These beat the Beef Wellingtons, salmon was very tender.
Posh Profiteroles - Didn't blow me away but I'm a fresh whipped cream lover, a good option for a buffet dessert that won't take up too much space in the freezer
Cornish Cruncher and Cider Bake - Sent from the Gods, could eat it every day of my life

And finally, the one you all want to know about...

Posh Cheesy Beans on Toast - Let me preface this by saying, I would NEVER, and I mean NEVER, eat beans on toast; I am one of those weird folk with an aversion to things touching on the plate. But after all the negative press, I loved these, and if they are back again next year I'll pay the ridiculous price tag again.

Everything had been bought back in November time and frozen and all came out the oven really well, was very impressed.

And, yes we will be consuming leftover party food until approx. January 2023 :oops:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Ooh yeah that Tex mex looks fun! I might have to pop to M&S in the week.

Oh and their churros are AMAZING so would def recommend

Reduced to £2!! Didn’t even want them but thought rude not to! Don’t exp until august so will stash them for now!
We got some as a pressie, worth £2 and the chocs are decent enough but not worth the full price. I’m not one to keep boxes so that will end up in the bin.

Reactions: 2
Panettones were down to £2.50 today. Grabbed one and it’s dated until mid feb. We had one last year and baked slices of it with custard to make a bread & butter pudding style dish 🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.