M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So... Who eats cauliflower cheese with their lasagne as per the latest Insta ad!? 😂 😂

That said, those mini Black Forest cakes look right up my street.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
went in today and there was a party food section but it was FILLED with sticky chicken lollipops?! Nowt else! I got some duck croquettes from the gastropub range, Mac and cheese bites and potato skins as well as the lollipops because we do love them. Rose Prosecco still on offer too which will do nicely tomorrow! I forgot to get cocktail cans but will go back tomorrow - any excuse 😂

actually ended up going to Tesco for some more party food and got some steamed buns, chicken katsu spring rolls and chicken katsu skewers, again not loads of choice either but happy enough

Reactions: 3
Was definitely in at the right time today. Yellow stickers galore. Truffle Mash 81p, Salmon & Watercress Meal for 1 £1.15, Lamb Hotpot for 1 £1.11p. Boxes of mini mince pies 11p and the Blonde Christmas Pudding advertised at £6 but scanned at £3 and dates till April.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Probably old news but I had the ready meal Indian takeaway tonight. The one with the rice, Bombay potatoes and butter chicken. I got it in yellow sticker on Christmas Eve.

dished it up for me and my son, and the portions were really small. Absolutely delicious and we both loved it, but I’m glad I make a naan to go with it.

checked the box, it was a bloody meal for one. Idiot. Anyways I’ll definitely buy it again and have it all for meeee!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Think I unintentionally ducked out of these threads during the change from #2 to #3, hey guys!

My M&S had about 20 packs of the posh cheese on toast party food with yellow stickers last night? I didn’t buy any cause I thought £1.50 was still too much 😂, full price was just extortionate, has anyone tried them?

• Haha
Loads of yellow stickers in my sisters local today.

I picked up some bits to have tonight. Colin faces were down to £1

Also got the hogwarts chest half price at £12.50. Contents definitely not worth £12.40 but the trunk is cute.
20211231_131440.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Made my 5th attempt to source the sprout gratin today, with no success! It is nowhere to be found in my local food store and I’m devestaed 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
Just to add I’m pregnant and things like this feel 10x worse than normal 🤣 bloody hormones!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not sure what kind of magical wonderland all your local stores are but mine is totally devoid of any and Christmas/party food, not a single yellow sticker anywhere either! It’s a 25 minutes drive to mine and I’m miffed! ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
I went in a couple of days ago, loads of posh beans on toast on yellow stickers 🙄 they had loads of the light up chocolate boxes too but still £15.

My toddler started kicking off so I bought a bag of mini shortbread biscuits which are nice and since I had to queue I figured I might as well buy the Cornish cruncher that goes in the oven too. Think we’re having it for dinner tonight 😋

• Heart
Been to the pantomime this afternoon, avoided M&S as we decided on a Chinese takeaway. Just looked and they are taking pre orders only. No walk ins 🥲. I might have to get down the BP garage and see if there is anything left.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Been to the pantomime this afternoon, avoided M&S as we decided on a Chinese takeaway. Just looked and they are taking pre orders only. No walk ins 🥲. I might have to get down the BP garage and see if there is anything left.
Oh god, I’d be devastated! Hope you manage to get something 🤞🏻

• Haha
Made my 5th attempt to source the sprout gratin today, with no success! It is nowhere to be found in my local food store and I’m devestaed 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
Just to add I’m pregnant and things like this feel 10x worse than normal 🤣 bloody hormones!
Maybe you could use this an excuse to do an Ocado shop?

We only bought reduced mince pies for 90p today.

I still wouldn't pay £15 for the light up chocolate boxes.

Well I had my first yumnut yesterday and it was pretty nice! I had a free pastry on my Sparks so it was free which only made it taste better! Only negative for me is its a bit big and messy to eat: if it was 30% smaller it would be perfect for me! I got the raspberry one because I love a freeze-dried berry.
The selection in the Italian dine in wasn't great so we ended up picking up lasagnes (standard ones as the "best ever" ones were nowhere to be seen), veg pasta bake and a yellow sticker carbonara, plus garlic bread and dirty fries.
Everything went down well! I liked the lasagne and pasta bake. Carbonara people loved it. Dirty fries were drier and spicier than expected but really tasty.
I think the only things reduced to clear were the light up choc boxes (still extortionate) and the mince pies (still getting through the homemade ones), and some goosefat roast potatoes. No great bargains to be had.

Maybe you could use this an excuse to do an Ocado shop?

We only bought reduced mince pies for 90p today.

I still wouldn't pay £15 for the light up chocolate boxes.
I hadn’t thought of that! What an idea! You may have just made this pregnant woman’s new year 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
For those who got the gratin…do you think this would be a good option for a homemade one

Reactions: 1
Late to the party but I jumped on the cheese profiterole bandwagon for xmas and they were vile - I've never tasted hot Laughing Cow cheese triangles before but that's all they tasted of. I'd bought two packs on the 4 for 3 and ended up chucking half the first packet and the whole second packet out :sick: On the plus side the other two party food items were lush and I was really pleased with those, particularly the mini toad in the holes which were yum with gravy:love:

We tried the dine in meal deal:

Ultimate steak pie - far too rich but lots of meat
Chunky chips - decent crunch
Mini black forest gateaux - super small, and a strange disc of rice krispy chocolate at the bottom, but nice cherry flavour
Prosecco - meh

I don’t know if you can tell but I was a little disappointed 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.