M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was 100% the correct thing to do. Last one in the shop… 68p!!!

Also, Christmas sandwiches!!
Although I’ve just got home and realised i didn’t get anything for lunch tomorrow 🤦🏻‍♀️
Aw look at the little packs of macaron! I know they're desperately overrated but so cute 😍

Reactions: 2
Quick Q…. Are the only veggie options on the Xmas sandwich front the Brie and cranberry and various fake meat feasts ? Just seems really disappointing and unimaginative. Also kind of longing for the vegan sandwich I had from pret a couple of years ago which had roast veggies,cranberry jam and crispy onions. Nothing will ever beat that sandwich 😂

Reactions: 1
Quick Q…. Are the only veggie options on the Xmas sandwich front the Brie and cranberry and various fake meat feasts ? Just seems really disappointing and unimaginative. Also kind of longing for the vegan sandwich I had from pret a couple of years ago which had roast veggies,cranberry jam and crispy onions. Nothing will ever beat that sandwich 😂
The No Beef Welly sandwich was really nice, it’s protein slices but with pickled veg, mushroom duxelle and a Dijon mayo on a tiger roll, I’m not vegan but would happily fight you for it!

Reactions: 2
This might be an unpopular opinion, but……

Does anyone else think the cake in a jar range isn’t living up to the hype? I’ve bought a few of them this year, each time hoping I’ll enjoy it but I never do, there’s too much buttercream and not enough cake so it’s overwhelmingly sweet, and we don’t then need extra sweets inside, the Percy pig jar is particular vile, the jelly sweets texture with the buttercream 🤢

If any of their NPD team ever lurk here, pleeeeease consider amending the ratio, and maybe look at limited edition free-from flavours, gluten free and vegan customers would love to try them too!

Reactions: 14

Does anyone else think the cake in a jar range isn’t living up to the hype? I’ve bought a few of them this year, each time hoping I’ll enjoy it but I never do, there’s too much buttercream and not enough cake so it’s overwhelmingly sweet, and we don’t then need extra sweets inside, the Percy pig jar is particular vile, the jelly sweets texture with the buttercream 🤢

If any of their NPD team ever lurk here, pleeeeease consider amending the ratio, and maybe look at limited edition free-from flavours, gluten free and vegan customers would love to try them too!
YES. I do not like the cake jars at all. The ratios are wrong and it’s so so sickly. I’ve had Colin and Percy and both I ended up sharing with my partner because it was too much.

Reactions: 3

I have an issue with the price. £4 for a cake jar, or I could buy two of their snack boxes for £4.

I have e confession to make ... I don't like cake so have never had a cake jar or any of the others mentioned here.

Can I still play?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh my god the chocolate squirty cream is like chocolate mousse you can spray directly into your mouth!! Game changer 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

They're like eating sick. I've tried the lemon one (still have nightmares) and the chocolate orange one. Just give me a damn cake lol

• Haha
The cake jar pricing seems SO off considering how much actual good cake (or other treats) you could get for £4.

Reactions: 8
I have e confession to make ... I don't like cake so have never had a cake jar or any of the others mentioned here.

Can I still play?
My brain can’t compute not liking cake. ANY cake??? You’re immune to the call of a pumpkin loaf? What is this witchcraft??

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My brain can’t compute not liking cake. ANY cake??? You’re immune to the call of a pumpkin loaf? What is this witchcraft??
It's not that I don't like it at all, I'm just not interested in it. I don't mind a mince pie or a strong fruit cake like a Genoa but I really don't have a sweet tooth.

Things like yumnuts really don't appeal. You're more likely to find me with a cheese twist.

Reactions: 1
It's not that I don't like it at all, I'm just not interested in it. I don't mind a mince pie or a strong fruit cake like a Genoa but I really don't have a sweet tooth.

Things like yumnuts really don't appeal. You're more likely to find me with a cheese twist.
I don’t like pastry… but what is life without cake? Cake is often the highlight of my day!

Has anyone tried this dip??
Yes, it is sent from the heavens!

Picked up the Brie and Cranberry Sandwich today, didn't get around to eating it and am now worried it won't compare to my beloved Salmon and Cream Cheese. Also got a Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie, it's in Christmas packaging but I'm not sure if it's new?

I resisted the last Cherry Bakewell Loaf as I have Mini Halloween Colin's still uneaten and a Sticky Toffee Cake Jar waiting for me.

Oh just cracked in to the Cornish cruncher and oh my!! I’m not even a big cheese fan but that is incredible. Made my hair stand on end 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.