M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't had chicken kiev since I was about 13 when Sugar magazine (anyone remember that?!) had a story about a girl who suffered horrific burns after cooking one in a frying pan and it exploded, scalding her with hot butter (albeit no idea why you would pay fry them:ROFLMAO:)
Yes, I remember reading Sugar magazine! Growing up in France, I wasn’t sure what a chicken kiev was as they didn’t have them in France at the time, or if they did, called them something completely different!
Heat magazine is what I read now, when I can get my hands on a copy!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Really gone off Percy Pigs - last packet I had were like a bag of marshmallows and they were stuck together. The Colin the Caterpillar sweets are where it’s at!
Agreed. Percy Pigs aren't what they were - the non-veggie version was nicer in my opinion!

I love Colin the Caterpillar sweets; especially the sour ones.

Reactions: 6
Got my hands on the chocolate orange cake jar! It’s delicious! I’ve tried all the cake jars and my favourite one is still the lemon meringue but the chocolate orange takes second place.
It’s a really yummy chocolate sponge with chocolate orange flavour ganache and then the orange looking sauce is actually orange curd and it really compliments the ganache so it doesn’t taste too rich. It’s topped with crunchy chocolate bits I’ll attach pic. Would defo buy and eat again! I know not everyone will justify £4 a pop but I can because food is my joy in life I don’t drink or smoke or have any costly hobbies 😂 so I don’t mind the £4 it does bring me great satisfaction!

I don’t think it’s fair to compare the cake jars to a whole cake because you don’t have anyone asking for a bit so it’s allll yours! Plus all the different flavours mixed around is just so yummy it feels like a different experience than a slice of cake if that makes sense 🤣🤣🤣
1FD97A30-AD73-447B-8E2F-9E4ED33FEAC3.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I really like the ultra-thin base chicken arabiata pizza. Wish it came in a bigger size.

I wonder if M&S food PR read this thread. I hope they are getting some ideas.

Finally found the square sourdough toasting loaf, looking forward to trying that out.

Reactions: 1
When I was a teenager I was obsessed with Bernard Matthews Mini Kievs. I had no idea at the time how processed and shite they were. Last Christmas, M&S brought out posh versions as part of their party food range. I really hope they bring them back this year, they were lush!

While we are on Kiev chat, has anyone tried these?
I LOVE these!

Got my hands on the chocolate orange cake jar! It’s delicious! I’ve tried all the cake jars and my favourite one is still the lemon meringue but the chocolate orange takes second place.
It’s a really yummy chocolate sponge with chocolate orange flavour ganache and then the orange looking sauce is actually orange curd and it really compliments the ganache so it doesn’t taste too rich. It’s topped with crunchy chocolate bits I’ll attach pic. Would defo buy and eat again! I know not everyone will justify £4 a pop but I can because food is my joy in life I don’t drink or smoke or have any costly hobbies 😂 so I don’t mind the £4 it does bring me great satisfaction!

I don’t think it’s fair to compare the cake jars to a whole cake because you don’t have anyone asking for a bit so it’s allll yours! Plus all the different flavours mixed around is just so yummy it feels like a different experience than a slice of cake if that makes sense 🤣🤣🤣View attachment 759373
They need to give you a job on their sales / social media because you have just sold it to me 100%. I now need one.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They need to give you a job on their sales / social media because you have just sold it to me 100%. I now need one.
My dream job would be a food tester for M&S!! I’m crap at social media though I’m too private, but if they paid me to run their account I’d do it for free food hahaha 😝 get yourself one you deserve it 🥰

Reactions: 9
I love got some new sparks offers today. Pretty disappointed, 10% off fruit etc but only valid if you use scan and shop. They could have at least offered me a freebie as an incentive!

I would love to see an angel cake jar. Bet that would be lovely!

It’s so frustrating I’ve had an offer on my Sparks card for ages for money off flowers. Last night got some bad news from a family member so popped on this morning to use the offer on sending some flowers and it obviously expired yesterday as it’s gone 😩🙈 always the way!

Sent the flowers anyway obviously and I will scream if I wake up tomorrow to a new flowers discount 🤣

I had to put to sleep my dog today, she’s been by my side since I was 17 but she was a little old lady with heart failure 💔. I’m gutted so went to M&S tonight and brought for dinner the microwave four cheese ravioli, pack of milk choc raisins and a big bottle of the passion fruit martini to cheer myself up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I had to put to sleep my dog today, she’s been by my side since I was 17 but she was a little old lady with heart failure 💔. I’m gutted so went to M&S tonight and brought for dinner the microwave four cheese ravioli, pack of milk choc raisins and a big bottle of the passion fruit martini to cheer myself up.
Oh bless you I’m so sorry 😭 I lost my dog earlier this year and I think about him every day there’s no love like a dog, they’re so fiercely loyal and always know the right eye contact to make you feel warm and fuzzy 😥 hope your yummy feast gives you a little comfort ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh bless you I’m so sorry 😭 I lost my dog earlier this year and I think about him every day there’s no love like a dog, they’re so fiercely loyal and always know the right eye contact to make you feel warm and fuzzy 😥 hope your yummy feast gives you a little comfort ❤❤❤
Thank you & sorry about your doggy loss 💜

• Heart
oh my gosh I am so sorry , at least it sounded like she lived a long happy life and won't be suffering anymore ❤

• Heart
I had to put to sleep my dog today, she’s been by my side since I was 17 but she was a little old lady with heart failure 💔.
So sorry to read this it is so so hard letting them go but it is an act of kindness I still miss my beloved Oliver Beagle but it will get easier it just takes time xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm sure your dog knew and felt how much she was loved.

It’s so frustrating I’ve had an offer on my Sparks card for ages for money off flowers. Last night got some bad news from a family member so popped on this morning to use the offer on sending some flowers and it obviously expired yesterday as it’s gone 😩🙈 always the way!

Sent the flowers anyway obviously and I will scream if I wake up tomorrow to a new flowers discount 🤣
Just in case you need to send flowers again there's also Bloom&Wild . If you sign up to their email mailing list they will always send you money off codes. My last code was for 20% off and I've not paid full price in ages. If you add three important dates to remember they used to add £5 credit too to your account. They also have a good referral scheme. You get £10 off your next order for each new friend who places an order too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Picked up a bottle of their Christmas gin 🥳

But... A member of staff started talking to me about it, about how nice it is, telling me all about the Christmas biscuits etc. Then the sale patter started, looked in my trolley and said you clearly spend a lot here... I had a reduced caterpillar cake, and a nightie for my mum 🤨... wanted me to sign up for the m&s credit card, I said no politely, twice. I just walked off in the end.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.