M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest I'm with him on the Toby, I refuse to pay for a posh roast dinner because their roasties are never as good as mine and I'm not that good a cook, absolutely no expectations at Toby, just lots of food so happy to pay the tenner for it and even better if I can use a voucher
I agree too , he’s his mother’s son !!

They keep trying with these cake jars don’t they! 🤣 maybe reduce the price a bit instead of coming up with more flavours.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The Christmas gin bottles look really good but I went a bit OTT last year on the Christmas gin bottles and gave them to all my family. Need to rethink this year. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yes the gin bottles look good but ultimately it’s about how the gin tastes. Is the bottle meant to be kept after?

Yes the gin bottles look good but ultimately it’s about how the gin tastes. Is the bottle meant to be kept after?
I'm not sure. I suppose not. The lights must stop working at some stage.

I'm not actually a gin drinker so I never bought one for myself.

Reactions: 1
I usually get the Moy park Kievs from Ocado , normally the 4 pack … we have Kiev’s more than I care to admit , my son bloody loves them 🤣 they are nice but nothing to write home about

You are all selling me on the gastro pub ones though !! I’m going to pick them up next time I’m in store
The gastro are the best! Not cheap but if you buy them as part of the £10 dine in meal then you can get a side and starter or dessert for a few pounds extra.(the triple cooked chips or truffle cauliflower cheese are lush!) They come with the sprig bone attached, I like the bone, other half doesn’t so I give him some of my breast in exchange for his bone.

I’ve just realised how carry on that last sentence sounded. MATRON!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
They keep trying with these cake jars don’t they! 🤣 maybe reduce the price a bit instead of coming up with more flavours.
I've yet to see a yellow stickered one in my M&S so people are buying them at £4 a jar. To be honest, they are great for a childrens party either as part of the tea or instead of a party bag

Reactions: 2
I'm not sure. I suppose not. The lights must stop working at some stage.

I'm not actually a gin drinker so I never bought one for myself.
I think they look very pretty but I wouldn’t keep the bottle afterwards, it would be thrown out ( I’m not a keeper of stuff). You are right I guess the lights just stop and the magic dies!

No, absolutely not, child will amost certainly prefer the shite ones anyway.
When I was a teenager I was obsessed with Bernard Matthews Mini Kievs. I had no idea at the time how processed and shite they were. Last Christmas, M&S brought out posh versions as part of their party food range. I really hope they bring them back this year, they were lush!

While we are on Kiev chat, has anyone tried these?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Really wanted the gastro Kiev for dinner tonight but my local is out of stock.

Did manage to get the gastro meal for 2 for £10 though and my £5 off was valid until today. So picked all of this up for under £12 after the voucher came off.

The pork is for bao buns that I have in the freezer
20210911_114522.jpg

Reactions: 5

Did manage to get the gastro meal for 2 for £10 though and my £5 off was valid until today. So picked all of this up for under £12 after the voucher came off.

The pork is for bao buns that I have in the freezerView attachment 757364
I had that pork belly the other day and found it very fatty. I didn’t mind so much but my boyfriend gets squeamish about that kind of thing. Moral of the story for me is probably don’t buy pork belly when you know your boyfriend doesn’t really like it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I got a yellow sticker smoked ham and mustard mayo sandwich, never had one before but someone here suggested it, excited to try, love a yellow sticker bargain!

I love the Gastro pub pies. My favourite M&S pie is the Best Ever steak pie - one of the best I’ve eaten. And I love pies cos #northern 😂

Reactions: 4

The pork is for bao buns that I have in the freezerView attachment 757364
ohhhhhhhhhh you got the Scotch Eggs

They never have them when I go.

I am very jealous.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.