M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys I think I'm gonna take a trip to m&s tomorrow, I passed my driving test 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to go out on my own more and more to get my confidence up so a trip to m&s sounds perfect to me :love:

Hit me with things I need to get! :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Guys I think I'm gonna take a trip to m&s tomorrow, I passed my driving test 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to go out on my own more and more to get my confidence up so a trip to m&s sounds perfect to me :love:

Well done, you’ll have so much freedom now! I hated learning to drive but forced myself to perservere. I was a really nervous driver for a while but I’m quite confident now. There are so many things you could buy, for treats I’d definitely say the golden blond chocolate spread, peanut butter bites, cookie dough bites, chocolate popcorn, truffle & olive oil crisps, sticky toffee loaf cakes, billionaires yumnuts, loaded millionaires shortbread, loaded brownies and bake at home cookies (in the frozen section). For meals I love the orzo and tomato pasta salad, burger slaw, skinny burgers, breaded chicken tenders, halloumi & chilli kebabs, battered onion rings, truffled cauliflower cheese, ploughman’s pots, harissa chicken bites and halloumi courgette bites. The takeaway food range is lovely too, especially the chinese boxes. Think I’ve gained 5 pounds just typing all that out 🤣 Let us know what you get!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Well done, you’ll have so much freedom now! I hated learning to drive but forced myself to perservere. I was a really nervous driver for a while but I’m quite confident now. There are so many things you could buy, for treats I’d definitely say the golden blond chocolate spread, peanut butter bites, cookie dough bites, chocolate popcorn, truffle & olive oil crisps, sticky toffee loaf cakes, billionaires yumnuts, loaded millionaires shortbread, loaded brownies and bake at home cookies (in the frozen section). For meals I love the orzo and tomato pasta salad, burger slaw, skinny burgers, breaded chicken tenders, halloumi & chilli kebabs, battered onion rings, truffled cauliflower cheese, ploughman’s pots, harissa chicken bites and halloumi courgette bites. The takeaway food range is lovely too, especially the chinese boxes. Think I’ve gained 5 pounds just typing all that out 🤣 Let us know what you get!
Thank you, I was exactly the same! Hated all my lessons (and I've had A LOT, it took me 7 years to finally get test ready) until the very end where it finally clicked! And now I have all this freedom to go to places like m&s whenever I like 😂 Thanks for those amaaaaazing recommendations, I think I've put a stone on reading it :ROFLMAO: I will definitely report back!!

Ooo and I've signed up for a sparks card as well, I've been reading a few posts and it sounds really good!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Hooray , well done ! I remember passing my tests and how good that freedom felt ! Treat yourself !!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I popped in today, I had the Mexican layered dip in my trolley, then put it back as I'm supposed to be being "good". Now having major regrets 🥲

• Sad
I got the M&S sourdough sliced bread in my Ocado order. I also ordered a Polish sliced loaf called Baltinowski which was double the size but the same price. I did a taste comparison with toasting both to have with tomatoes and mushrooms. I did prefer the Polish loaf. Sometimes available at Tesco and Sainsbury’s, more expensive at the latter.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I made my husband get the £5 voucher too and he got the lemon drizzle cake which is really nice! Also the all butter cinnamon sugar palmiers which are good.

Also do you only get vouchers on sparks if you actually shop there? 😅 I only joined for the voucher so unsurprising still have the same 2 useless vouchers.

I went to get my free biscuits (cheese or cinnamon sugar palmiers, I chose the cheese ones) yesterday, the lady scanned them with the rest of my stuff - but then the bleeping sparks app wouldn’t load on my phone asdfghfhsgdgh

She told me I can bring the receipt in and they’ll refund me but I said I’ll prob just pick up a pack of the cinnamon ones next time instead 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I went today to use my £5 voucher. I got the £10 pizza meal deal, the chocolate swiss roll in a box, some yellow sticker fruit and pancakes and a couple of Halloween bits(the vampire crisps and some sweets), oh and my free ice lollies. 15 items for £14! Kids are happy with the pizza meal deal.

Reactions: 8
Thank you, I was exactly the same! Hated all my lessons (and I've had A LOT, it took me 7 years to finally get test ready) until the very end where it finally clicked! And now I have all this freedom to go to places like m&s whenever I like 😂 Thanks for those amaaaaazing recommendations, I think I've put a stone on reading it :ROFLMAO: I will definitely report back!!

Ooo and I've signed up for a sparks card as well, I've been reading a few posts and it sounds really good!
I’ve got a sparks card I obviously have no clue how it works as I have never received anything.
I don’t recommend the Mac and cheese bites
the 40p cornettos are good

Got myself a chicken garlic Kiev from the gastro range another superb dinner!

Had the standard kiev last night, not good, far too raw-garlic tasting. Some reviews on Ocado say the same too, so I now need to try the posh one to compare

Reactions: 1
In my learned opinion, those posh Gastropub Kievs are the best on the market, always crispy, real chicken breast (not formed like most are) I even tried Charlie Bigham’s new garlic chicken Kievs last week. His stuff usually trumps M&S and Waitrose but not on this occasion. They weren’t nearly as good, not crispy enough and not enough garlic butter.

Reactions: 7
I usually get the Moy park Kievs from Ocado , normally the 4 pack … we have Kiev’s more than I care to admit , my son bloody loves them 🤣 they are nice but nothing to write home about

You are all selling me on the gastro pub ones though !! I’m going to pick them up next time I’m in store

I usually get the Moy park Kievs from Ocado , normally the 4 pack … we have Kiev’s more than I care to admit , my son bloody loves them 🤣 they are nice but nothing to write home about

You are all selling me on the gastro pub ones though !! I’m going to pick them up next time I’m in store
Don't, once you've had the gastro bone-in kievs you won't be able to go back to the cheap ones!!! Whole different league!

Partnered with some decent chips and quality mayo, absolute heaven!

• Haha
Don't, once you've had the gastro bone-in kievs you won't be able to go back to the cheap ones!!! Whole different league!

Partnered with some decent chips and quality mayo, absolute heaven!
Is it immoral to give my child the shite ones and husband and I can have the nice ones ?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
No, absolutely not, child will amost certainly prefer the shite ones anyway.
Agreed , we took him for a lovely lunch last Sunday at a slightly posh pub (MIL chose) … roast dinners were £18 to give you an idea 🤣 … he cried and said he wanted Toby Cavery so …. Shite Kievs it is !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Agreed , we took him for a lovely lunch last Sunday at a slightly posh pub (MIL chose) … roast dinners were £18 to give you an idea 🤣 … he cried and said he wanted Toby Cavery so …. Shite Kievs it is !
To be honest I'm with him on the Toby, I refuse to pay for a posh roast dinner because their roasties are never as good as mine and I'm not that good a cook, absolutely no expectations at Toby, just lots of food so happy to pay the tenner for it and even better if I can use a voucher

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.