M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! I love the sponge rolls that they sell and it’s only £1.50. I have seen the cake jars on yellow sticker a few times now, I think next time I might grab one just to try
The apricot sponge roll is really, really good - it’s one of the few things they make where it still tastes the same as it did when I was a kid. I don’t dare buy them very often (because I will eat the whole thing in a very short period of time) but they are such a comfort food.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Got an Ocado shop a few days ago, in it I got this
515814011_0_640x640.jpg

have just had about a quarter of the dip, scooped out of the packet onto a plate with tortilla chips, soooo good!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Found this posted in a local forum. Had no idea they were selling these. Not my finger.
Yeah those batter scraps were all over the papers when they first started selling them. Mostly because of people moaning that how could M&S charge for something that you can get for free from the chippy :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Yel

Not sure how long this will work for, but if you use the app go here

Then it'll add a £5 voucher with no min spend. Mine took a few hours to show up, but it's free food 😆

Screenshot_20210905-060227_M&S.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I have just posted this on the What's Annoying You forum.
Annoyed, I am bloody furious. Just been in my local M & S which is a small one and the bastard stood next to me, whilst I was getting my can of Mojito, picked up 2 bottles of Absolut Vodka and shoved one of them down his shorts (they were the jogger baggy type ones) then walked off to shove the other bottle down the other leg. He stood at the end of the isle adjusting everything so I found an assistant at the other end of the isle and told her where he was but really she could not do anything and he just walked out of the shop giving us a wink as he went. He had his hands in his pockets obviously holding the neck of the bottles and you could not tell he had them but everything was so quick.
Don't know if they have CCTV in there, I hope they have.
We joke on the M & S forum about the little freebie gifts and yellow tickets in M & S but this really makes me angry.
I should have been more annoyed they did not have any raspberry Mojito.
I saw a man do something similar when I worked for them but it was with chateaubriand steak.

I'm not sure about others but the canary wharf shop didn't have alarms 😳 the security guard was a lazy perv and didn't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
We usually spend about £120 a week and they give us £12 off vouchers. That's a lot. We love their Indian food as well as the Dine In for Two.

Has anyone tried their Cauliflower cheese and truffle sauce. It's scrummy.

I only have the app on my tablet but think it has just worked - thanks. Might pursuade hubby to get the lemon jar cake if it is a total freebie - he would not buy it on yellow ticket last week or maybe 2 mojito cocktail cans. :unsure:

Got my £5 off too, I’ll be straight in my local food hall when I’ve dropped my kid off to school tomorrow…..
Has anyone tried the Taste Japan box? I love katsu curry so I really don’t want to be disappointed
2904EBB2-785E-4AEE-B551-C52C1A91C2AE.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Cross with Ocado … not only have they taken out so many of the items from my order and only substituted 2 of them , they’ve also taken £94 from my account for what ended up being a £79 order after they couldn’t substitute any of my items !!

luckilh a few of my M&S treats are still coming but I’m a bit peed off that I’m now going to have to go to another supermarket today to get all the essentials they couldn’t provide , like apples , bread , milk …

ok rant over 😂

• Wow
Not sure how long this will work for, but if you use the app go here

Then it'll add a £5 voucher with no min spend. Mine took a few hours to show up, but it's free food 😆

View attachment 745973
Thank you 😘 I'm off to M&S shortly so I'm glad I had a quick read of this thread before I did 🙂

Reactions: 1
I am totally hooked on the iced spiced buns and lemon curd buns atm 🥰

Reactions: 4
I only have the app on my tablet but think it has just worked - thanks. Might pursuade hubby to get the lemon jar cake if it is a total freebie - he would not buy it on yellow ticket last week or maybe 2 mojito cocktail cans. :unsure:
The cocktail cans are 6 for £10 still at my local petrol station

Reactions: 3
Thanks @Yel I got the offer too 😊 I’ll be nipping into m&s in a bit and get myself some goodies. Been eyeing up the millionaire bites 😊

The cocktail cans are 6 for £10 still at my local petrol station
They are still £2 each in mine but maybe has something to do with the pricing difference in England/Wales. They had no raspberry mojitos on Friday and yesterday the whole cocktail shelf was empty.

Got the coffee Swiss roll as a little gift for someone during the week. They said it was awful: sickly sweet and very synthetic tasting, but also tiny: only half the size of the (small) box! Now it can't have been inedible because they finished it over a couple of days 😁 but it got a poor review unfortunately.
Very disappointed tbh, not least because I looove coffee flavoured stuff and was planning to treat myself to one next visit!
I mentioned the grain-free granola I picked up the other day too: it's nice but to be honest I miss the crispy texture of a regular granola (this one is all crunch). I might try a different flavour in the future but it's not going on my regular must haves list!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.