M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had this for tea, with some tagliatelle, as recommended on the box. It was so disappointing ( and expensive). One box @ £7 serves two so I bought two of them. An expensive tea and not popular with anyone :-( . Good chunks of beef but I found the herbs overpowering and left a real after taste.
oh no, but thank you for sharing with us. I love the look of this range, I'm just never in m&s without dinner plans. Plus for £7 I want to make sure they're excellent!

Reactions: 2
Had an Ocado delivery this afternoon, can highly recommend the all butter Cornish Cruncher biscuits. They remind me of Thomas Fudges' melty cheddar wafers which I've not been able to get hold of for ages. Also got some peach and passion fruit jaffa cakes, nice but can't taste the passion fruit.

After saying yesterday I had only had one thing sent by Ocado to try in well over a decade, I received something extra in my frozen food bag, microwaveable Pukka steak pies. Not something I would ever buy but they're in the freezer, I'm sure my son will eat them!

Reactions: 4
Had this for tea, with some tagliatelle, as recommended on the box. It was so disappointing ( and expensive). One box @ £7 serves two so I bought two of them. An expensive tea and not popular with anyone :-( . Good chunks of beef but I found the herbs overpowering and left a real after taste.
Oooo I very nearly purchased this today! After taking out some bolognese out of freezer for tea and realising such a small portion I wanted some ragu/bolognese to bulk it up, ended up going with the plastic tub of their beef bolognese yet to try though!
Sad the ragu is disappointing

Reactions: 1
I only get random offers like discount on kids pass. I HAVE NO KIDS. I WANT SNACKS
I have ZERO offers
M&S why do you hate me :(

feel like I’m in a one sided relationship, the less they offer the more I want (to visit…to one day actually receive offers) 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have to say I’m not a fan of anything in their slow-cooked range. I’ve tried a couple of things and the flavours just aren’t good and I found the meat all a bit gamey tasting. I know you slow cook cheaper cuts of meat and they often taste stronger, but these just weren’t pleasant.

Reactions: 3
I have to say I’m not a fan of anything in their slow-cooked range. I’ve tried a couple of things and the flavours just aren’t good and I found the meat all a bit gamey tasting. I know you slow cook cheaper cuts of meat and they often taste stronger, but these just weren’t pleasant.
First time we have tried it. Husband didn’t mind it but kids hardly touched it, I think it was just too rich. I’m not sure I will even try anything else in the range. I’m not usually disappointed with anything from m&s food hall but this was def a no.

Glad it's not just me. Husband liked it and hoovered it up but I couldn't finish mine. Far too herby.

I know this isn't food but I had 20% off clothing on my app so I got the kids their winter coats and some thin, but warm fleece jumpers. Happy with the discount 🙌🏻

Reactions: 9
I really like the slow cooked Lamb shanks M&S do. Absolutely delicious.

Another cracking ready meal they do is bangers and mash with onion gravy. Had that several times and always been spot on.

Reactions: 4
Their Best Ever Lasagne is top notch
ETA Their Best Ever Steak Pie is supposedly very good although I haven't tried it yet
My favourite supermarket bought lasagne is Charlie Bighams, but I will need to try the M&S one.

Reactions: 1
I really like the slow cooked Lamb shanks M&S do. Absolutely delicious.

Another cracking ready meal they do is bangers and mash with onion gravy. Had that several times and always been spot on.
I love that meal. I buy the small meals (meal for one?) for my toddler when I can’t be arsed to cook.

I jumped on the Insta hun bandwagon and bought some of the blonde chocolate spread. It’s lovely but very sickly and I have no idea what to use it for (apart from eating straight from the jar with a spoon) 🤣
i made brownies and swirled it through the mix before i baked and it was lovely. also could use it on pancakes? any sweet breakfast really.

Reactions: 5
I think possibly the only one on this thread thus far.

I’ve been making a special trip to M&S for their fruit and veg which are far fresher, better quality, and with a much longer life than the stuff at my other local supermarket. I guess that could vary across locations though? Like if it was a smaller store with less footfall?
yeah their fruit is definitely much better than other supermarkets, it is a shame how much palstic packaging they use though

yeah their fruit is definitely much better than other supermarkets, it is a shame how much palstic packaging they use though
In my local M & S there is loose veg and some fruit in boxes on the bottom shelf which is put into brown paper bags. I don't know if they still do it as I haven't look recently but they did deduct a couple of pence if you bought the loose instead of pre packaged.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.