M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one who doesn't find M&S food appealing?

Their vegetables don't taste like anything and look like plastic most times. Their fish is decent, but nothing special.

I tried one of their green soups once, it was absolutely awful.

I don't know - their food is overrated. Besides, they need to lay off the plastic packaging on everything.
log off

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wonder if you could make a quick pud by mixing some with some cream cheese and putting it in a liitle pot on top of some crushed biscuits. Top it with a berry of some sort and you’ve got an instant cheesecake.
Now that’s an amazing idea thank you!

Reactions: 2

Their vegetables don't taste like anything and look like plastic most times. Their fish is decent, but nothing special.

I don't know - their food is overrated. Besides, they need to lay off the plastic packaging on everything.
I think possibly the only one on this thread thus far.

I’ve been making a special trip to M&S for their fruit and veg which are far fresher, better quality, and with a much longer life than the stuff at my other local supermarket. I guess that could vary across locations though? Like if it was a smaller store with less footfall?

Reactions: 10
I’ve just checked out my Ocado order , it’s coming on Sunday … I’ve ordered some Gastropub duck croquettes which sound banging

I shouldn’t do M&S shops while pregnant , nobody tell my husband I’ve spend £100 and our weekly shopping budget is meant to be £75….

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've been using Ocado for well over a decade they have only once sent me something to try, this...
View attachment 738169

I was quite pleased about it!

The best thing I ever got unexpectedly was from a Tesco delivery and I got bottle of gin in the middle of my shopping. I hadn't ordered it and I wasn't charged for it. Happy days. 😁

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve just checked out my Ocado order , it’s coming on Sunday … I’ve ordered some Gastropub duck croquettes which sound banging

I shouldn’t do M&S shops while pregnant , nobody tell my husband I’ve spend £100 and our weekly shopping budget is meant to be £75….
That baby is going to cost a lot more than an extra £25 a week so I wouldnt worry about it

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That baby is going to cost a lot more than an extra £25 a week so I wouldnt worry about it
😂😂😂 It’s a second child , hoping they don’t inherit my appetite like my son has otherwise I think we’ll be eaten out of house & home

Reactions: 2
I think possibly the only one on this thread thus far.

I’ve been making a special trip to M&S for their fruit and veg which are far fresher, better quality, and with a much longer life than the stuff at my other local supermarket. I guess that could vary across locations though? Like if it was a smaller store with less footfall?
Their Sapphire raspberries are 😍

Reactions: 4

Who buys vegetables in M&S?

It's a giant emporium of ready meals and snack food/sweeties, and nothing more.

The vegetable aisle is just for people who've got money to burn!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Who buys vegetables in M&S?

It's a giant emporium of ready meals and snack food/sweeties, and nothing more.

The vegetable aisle is just for people who've got money to burn!!!
I wouldn’t say I’ve money to burn, I don’t really buy many ready meals from M&S. i love all of their food I do most of my shopping there. I love their fresh fruit and veg selection they always have good variety of organic produce as well as fruits and veg I’m unable to find in other supermarkets like dragon fruit, custard apples, fennel etc . I find the quality of the fruit and veg to be much higher than that of my other local supermarkets. I find I actually save money shopping in M&S as I never have any food waste anymore! 😁

Reactions: 14
It was tongue in cheek. You can buy veg in M&S if you want to :ROFLMAO:

But I do think their focus is ready meals and snack foods overall.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Try the fresh market specials sweetcorn at 45p a cob, you won’t be disappointed. My local greengrocer who is almost always very good and from whom I nearly always buy veg from, the sweetcorn he has is all dry and the silk has gone all brown as has all the corn on the cob in Waitrose.
I agree with the sapphire raspberries and the recent deliveries of cherries from Kent. Delish!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.