M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I jumped on the Insta hun bandwagon and bought some of the blonde chocolate spread. It’s lovely but very sickly and I have no idea what to use it for (apart from eating straight from the jar with a spoon) 🤣

Reactions: 2
Got the lemon meringue cake pot and the packet with the 4 individual loaf cakes lemon flavour 😍 will report back when I’ve tasted 😂🤞🏻🥰

Reactions: 4
I jumped on the Insta hun bandwagon and bought some of the blonde chocolate spread. It’s lovely but very sickly and I have no idea what to use it for (apart from eating straight from the jar with a spoon) 🤣
toast, croissants, toasted bagel?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This thread is everything !! I love M&S , we are hopefully moving to a town with one in walking distance from our new house … honestly it was a factor in its purchase 🤣

I’ve just placed an Ocado order with some of your recs !

I haven’t seen some of my faves recommended so I suggest you all try:

- honey bbq whole grain crisps .. they are insane
- roasted ham crisps … oh my god , so good
- best ever burgers … they are so delicious I get them and freeze them every time we are in ! Never had a better supermarket burger
- truffle cream cheese - hard to come by and a bit expensive but it is really really tasty , either just on a bagel or riveta or stirred through pasta as a sauce

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
This thread is everything !! I love M&S , we are hopefully moving to a town with one in walking distance from our new house … honestly it was a factor in its purchase 🤣

I’ve just placed an Ocado order with some of your recs !

I haven’t seen some of my faves recommended so I suggest you all try:

- honey bbq whole grain crisps .. they are insane
- roasted ham crisps … oh my god , so good
- best ever burgers … they are so delicious I get them and freeze them every time we are in ! Never had a better supermarket order
- truffle cream cheese - hard to come by and a bit expensive but it is really really tasty , either just on a bagel or riveta or stirred through pasta as a sauce
Is it just me or do you or anyone else notice how many food products on Ocado's website are poorly rated? I never understood it. I've bought stuff from there before that was something like 3 stars, yet tasted good to me personally. I swear some people just want to moan for the sake of moaning.

Reactions: 4
Is it just me or do you or anyone else notice how many food products on Ocado's website are poorly rated? I never understood it. I've bought stuff from there before that was something like 3 stars, yet tasted good to me personally. I swear some people just want to moan for the sake of moaning.
Yeah I have , it’s weird … I haven’t ever left a review for any food I’ve bought online , but probably only would if it was really bad .. must just be the moaners dragging the score down

Reactions: 3
I can't get over how many say 'I was given this to try' ... I don't think I've ever been given anything to try !!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I can't get over how many say 'I was given this to try' ... I don't think I've ever been given anything to try !!!
I've been using Ocado for well over a decade they have only once sent me something to try, this...
640x640.jpg

I was quite pleased about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just had my first M&S visit in months ❤
Got bakery cookies and a pack of pistachio cookies (think I saw them recommended here?), a sundried tomato salad and a samosa for my dinner, and a two pack of individual choc sponge puddings!
Got a Sicilian lemon cheesecake slice for around €1 on yellow sticker for my Mum.
Also found hideously expensive grainless granola - €6.80 a bag - but it's full of all my favourite things and I'm worth it so 🤷‍♀️ coconut, freeze-dried berries, nuts etc. I'll have a spoonful of it with my super exciting bitesize shredded wheat (I know, the glamour)
That €20 Italian Dine In offer is savage value - must clear out the freezer before my next visit.
Beetroot crisps are back (big in the 90s) and this time they're chutney flavour. Interesting.
Got a magnolia linen, room and body spray, a facial cleanser and a new pair of defiantly unfashionable skinny jeans to get me through winter, too.

Am I the only one who doesn't find M&S food appealing?

Their vegetables don't taste like anything and look like plastic most times. Their fish is decent, but nothing special.

I tried one of their green soups once, it was absolutely awful.

I don't know - their food is overrated. Besides, they need to lay off the plastic packaging on everything.

Thought I would share my bargains today, lemon cake in a jar for £1.50 and these chocolate golden snitches reduced from £6 to 75p! and they are in date until November.
20210831_171004.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I wonder if you could make a quick pud by mixing some with some cream cheese and putting it in a liitle pot on top of some crushed biscuits. Top it with a berry of some sort and you’ve got an instant cheesecake.

• Heart
Am I the only one who doesn't find M&S food appealing?

Their vegetables don't taste like anything and look like plastic most times. Their fish is decent, but nothing special.

I tried one of their green soups once, it was absolutely awful.

I don't know - their food is overrated. Besides, they need to lay off the plastic packaging on everything.
I think you're on the wrong thread and need to go wash your mouth out 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.