M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got a free hand cream offer just now but I haven’t been able to find it in store.
I got mine but nowhere near where I thought it would be, was on a big display at the checkout. It’s actually really nice I’ll buy it when the freebie runs out. Made a nice change from the free sweets

Reactions: 2
Not M&S but the best I heard was a leg of lamb from Waitrose for 99p. Waitrose have got really stingy with their discounts, I used to be able to buy about 20 cakes for a quid, now I'm lucky if they reduce them to a quid each. They've obviously got better at stock control

Crawley M&S Sundays at 3.50pm, the poor women with the trolley is like the pied piper, people play chicken trying to get the last discount 😂
When I worked at the canary wharf store years ago we used to have to do our reductions out back and wheel the trolley out later as people would literally grab stuff out of our hands 🤢

• Wow
Reactions: 6
When I worked at the canary wharf store years ago we used to have to do our reductions out back and wheel the trolley out later as people would literally grab stuff out of our hands 🤢
God, people are just terrible!

The thing that stood out for us locally was that there isnt a large south Asian population, but 99% of the people circling the bargains were literally 70+yr old south asian ladies! Really bizarre. It seems to have calmed down now they've put limits on what you can but, thank goodness. I always wanted to say to them, why are you buying five chocolate trifles and 12 bunches of coriander?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Panic bought the best ever eclairs cos they were reduced (sickly but I love them haha) and the profiterole dessert as it was reduced to 80p, then remembered my boyfriend is away for the weekend and they all expire today 😂 send help

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I just checked my emails and I have another offer! 2 free orange ice lollies 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Panic bought the best ever eclairs cos they were reduced (sickly but I love them haha) and the profiterole dessert as it was reduced to 80p, then remembered my boyfriend is away for the weekend and they all expire today 😂 send help
I’m coming! Might be a while due to bank holiday traffic.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I used to do them in Sainsbury's years ago and we had to do them out on the floor, and people would be literally crowding my cart trying to take stuff off it before I'd even got a sticker printed out! They're absolute vultures 😂

• Haha
I used to do them in Sainsbury's years ago and we had to do them out on the floor, and people would be literally crowding my cart trying to take stuff off it before I'd even got a sticker printed out! They're absolute vultures 😂
Reminds me of when companies sometimes have small stalls in a city centre giving away a free thimble full size can of pop or something and the queue snakes down the street for it, like flies round tit. I couldn't be arsed!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Same here, I used to do them in asda

The best was when you were reducing again and had everything in neat piles ready to reduce it again and people would start clawing through it. I would never tell them I'm reducing them again, I would let them think it's already been done or I would say, oh no I'm not doing them yet 🙊 serves them right for being annoying and impatient

• Haha
Heard from a customer in one of our local M&S shops (prior to lockdown) that they were told that if a customer asked about reductions they were told to ignore them. I understood that my local ones did three reductions per day. One in the morning, at the lowest reduction, then another about 530 and then another at about 9 pm if they were open until 10 pm which my local ones are. I used to be able to get a sandwich for about 20 pence at 9 pm.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
M&S on Christmas Eve at about an hour before closing is a sight to behold…scared fo rumour life with the vultures in there trying to get a cut price Turkey

• Sad
Reactions: 9
M&S on Christmas Eve at about an hour before closing is a sight to behold…scared fo rumour life with the vultures in there trying to get a cut price Turkey
Have been in that position a couple of years ago, but I wasn’t looking for a turkey.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
my dad once witnessed two middle aged women fighting over a turkey in M&S on xmas eve, the most ridiculous thing was that it wasn't even the last one left 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
my dad once witnessed two middle aged women fighting over a turkey in M&S on xmas eve, the most ridiculous thing was that it wasn't even the last one left 😂
On xmas eve all I want to do is go out for a walk in the countryside and come home, put my feet up in front of the fire and drink a load of Baileys. Last place I want to be is in M&S fighting over Turkeys, can't imagine anything more depressing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
On xmas eve all I want to do is go out for a walk in the countryside and come home, put my feet up in front of the fire and drink a load of Baileys. Last place I want to be is in M&S fighting over Turkeys, can't imagine anything more depressing.
Neither, people act as if one day without being able to do a food shop will be the end of the world

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.