M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I buy their trifles on a yellow sticker. I’ve seen that Waitrose has an interesting looking rhubarb trifle.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Just swung by a local M&S food store on my way home (it closes at 9pm) and there was 1 yellow sticker item in the whole store! When do you guys go to find the bargains? I would have thought end of the day would be best?!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Just swung by a local M&S food store on my way home (it closes at 9pm) and there was 1 yellow sticker item in the whole store! When do you guys go to find the bargains? I would have thought end of the day would be best?!
Weirdly, Friday lunchtime/afternoon. I always wondered if it’s because they’ve just got the weekend stock in the back and they’re clearing out the stuff on the shelves that hasn’t sold. It can be a bit hit and miss, but at my local store (an M&S food in a small shopping park) Fridays seem a good day,

About 4pm in my store, but I never get anything that’s a real bargain. Yesterday they had Best Ever Burgers with £1 off on a yellow sticker, that’s not tempting enough

i went in today at about 3pm and there were loads of yellow stickers and they were adding more when I was there. Got a couple of unexciting bits reduced(fruit/veg) and some pancakes. I will never beat my M&S Organic chicken that was reduced down to £1!

Reactions: 4
i went in today at about 3pm and there were loads of yellow stickers and they were adding more when I was there. Got a couple of unexciting bits reduced(fruit/veg) and some pancakes. I will never beat my M&S Organic chicken that was reduced down to £1!
Not M&S but the best I heard was a leg of lamb from Waitrose for 99p. Waitrose have got really stingy with their discounts, I used to be able to buy about 20 cakes for a quid, now I'm lucky if they reduce them to a quid each. They've obviously got better at stock control

Crawley M&S Sundays at 3.50pm, the poor women with the trolley is like the pied piper, people play chicken trying to get the last discount 😂

Reactions: 2
The best yellow ticket I ever got was a full-size Connie caterpillar cake for 70p!! Yes thats right a £7 birthday cake for less than a quid!!! They must’ve had over ordered as there was more than one (and a round floral cake that was £1.20 or something down from £8/9)

Pre pandemic I used to get a lot of yellow tickets from 3pm onwards. It did vary from day to day and week to week. Some stuff was wasted on me like the meat and fish but did get a few bargains. Especially after Xmas and new year!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Had the Chinese crispy beef with chilli sauce with some rice for tea - absolutely delicious! Nicer than a takeaway.

I find the yellow sticker stuff is dotted around.

Reactions: 5
Can't you take a yellow sticker off a random product and just stick it on the thing you want then shove it through the self service till?

• Haha
Can't you take a yellow sticker off a random product and just stick it on the thing you want then shove it through the self service till?
I work in a supermarket and for a while we had people taking the reduced stickers off items and putting them on to bottles of alcohol. 😂 It doesn’t work unless the items weigh the same as the self scan tills check the weight

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We’ve had these dry aged flatter burgers quite a few times now, flame grilled on the bbq. They are delicious,they need just a sprinkle of salt just before cooking. Ocado reviewers are bloody fussy so I take their reviews with a pinch of salt (pun intended!😂) and go by my own taste buds.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.