M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done guys:

"M&S’s food division has proved to be its star performer with revenue outperforming expectations, up 10.8% year on year in the 19 weeks to 14 August. Sales were 9.6% higher compared with 2019." 🥴

quote “tattle” at checkout for 10% off

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm not surprised they've done well, people couldn't go out, even T/As were initially closed so people have tried M&S for their treats and kept going back. If people can see why they are paying more, then they don't begrudge it.

Reactions: 3
I'm not surprised they've done well, people couldn't go out, even T/As were initially closed so people have tried M&S for their treats and kept going back. If people can see why they are paying more, then they don't begrudge it.
During the pandemic where I live there was always a queue to go in no matter what time I passed the shop (we live just up the road) and it has stayed like that until this last week when they removed the barrier rails. It is still alot busier than it ever was with lots of people doing a full shop there now which I never noticed before and we joked a few weeks ago we should have bought shares in Marks.

What’s a T/A?

When it was the first lockdown back in 2020, I did my food shop at a small M&S food to avoid the big supermarkets / couldn’t get a slot. It worked out costing the same as a normal weekly shop and I didn’t waste anything as I bought what I knew I would eat.

Reactions: 8
What’s a T/A?
I took it to mean Tesco /Asda

During the pandemic where I live there was always a queue to go in no matter what time I passed the shop (we live just up the road) and it has stayed like that until this last week when they removed the barrier rails. It is still alot busier than it ever was with lots of people doing a full shop there now which I never noticed before and we joked a few weeks ago we should have bought shares in Marks.
You still can! £1.61 at the moment up from when they were trading at £1.43 just 1-2 days ago. If you use freetrade 0% commissions. The humble penny channel on youtube is really good at explaining the basics.

All of the big supermarkets have actually increased in price though.

Morrison's the most at £2.92 (previously at £1.80 before june) because there's talk of being bought out by a US equity firm.

Last edited:
Surely the rest of the store brings the company down as a whole? Don't know why they don't just scrap everything they sell apart from food and maybe tack on an essentials basic range of clothing onto the food stores.

Reactions: 2
Surely the rest of the store brings the company down as a whole? Don't know why they don't just scrap everything they sell apart from food and maybe tack on an essentials basic range of clothing onto the food stores.
Maybe they will head in this direction.

You can read their corporate results too:

" Ocado Retail delivered 43.7% revenue growth over the 52 weeks ended 28 February 2021 and contributed a share of net income of £78.4m. "

They did lose a lot of custom before with the changing room issue which they quietly reversed.

Last edited:
I w been into M&S hunting for the pesto halloumi kebabs but they didn’t have them 😭 I did pick up some posh dogs and buns on yellow sticker, chocolate squirty cream garlic doughballs(the best), giant mint buttons(hiding these from the kids), some ice cream fan wafers which were on clearance for some reason, I did buy some fruit too but that’s not as exciting.

Also had my first ever freebie on Sparks, I got a candle. My other offers this week are 15% off fruit and 15% off biscuits so might have to go back!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well done guys:

"M&S’s food division has proved to be its star performer with revenue outperforming expectations, up 10.8% year on year in the 19 weeks to 14 August. Sales were 9.6% higher compared with 2019." 🥴

Pretty sure we should be on some kind of commission!

• Haha

" Ocado Retail delivered 43.7% revenue growth over the 52 weeks ended 28 February 2021 and contributed a share of net income of £78.4m. "

They did lose a lot of custom before with the changing room issue which they quietly reversed.
What was the changing room issue?

I'm not sure they did though

What was the changing room issue?
People could use the changing room of their choice on the basis that all their changing rooms are individual and lockable. I can't be the only female though that has come out of the changing room to check how items look, changing rooms are tiny so trying to get an idea of what something looks like is almost impossible when you're practically on top of the mirror.

Reactions: 1
I w been into M&S hunting for the pesto halloumi kebabs but they didn’t have them 😭 I did pick up some posh dogs and buns on yellow sticker, chocolate squirty cream garlic doughballs(the best), giant mint buttons(hiding these from the kids), some ice cream fan wafers which were on clearance for some reason, I did buy some fruit too but that’s not as exciting.

Also had my first ever freebie on Sparks, I got a candle. My other offers this week are 15% off fruit and 15% off biscuits so might have to go back!
Not sure if the layouts the same but my M+S is quite small and the kebabs are almost directly above the posh dogs if that helps

Reactions: 1
I sw that one last week, if it had been yellow stickered I would've been all over it but £4 is a bit steep for me.
I agree, but I decided to treat myself! Not a regular purchase for me, as £4 isn’t cheap and they’re quite small

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.