Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Marj24

VIP Member
Got an Ocado shop a few days ago, in it I got this
515814011_0_640x640.jpg

have just had about a quarter of the dip, scooped out of the packet onto a plate with tortilla chips, soooo good!

• Wow
Reactions: 13

disneys

VIP Member
No, absolutely not, child will amost certainly prefer the shite ones anyway.
Agreed , we took him for a lovely lunch last Sunday at a slightly posh pub (MIL chose) … roast dinners were £18 to give you an idea 🤣 … he cried and said he wanted Toby Cavery so …. Shite Kievs it is !

• Haha
  • Heart

rivermonster

VIP Member
Omg lifted the vegan cookies from the bakery section tonight and they are devine!! Defo will be swapping for them going forward the chips were dark chocolate and soooo dreamy
You do know that "lifted" means stolen them. 🤣
Like my husband did when he went in for his candle - took it off the shelf and asked the assistant if that was the one and she said yes take that one - so he did. Put it in the shopping bag and walked out of the shop.

• Haha

kev1974

VIP Member
For all M&S bargain lovers
I was recently made aware of the "TooGoodToGo" app
It lets you book to buy what they're calling "magic bags" of unsold food at the end of the day.

I don't know if it works for proper M&S stores as there's none geographically close to where I am at the minute, but all the local M&S at BP filling stations are on there for me. It is offering £12 of unsold M&S food for £4, collect at 9pm. You can't choose what's in your "magic bag". But it might be those eclairs and caterpillar jar cakes, who knows.

Anyway thought I'd post it in case it's of use to anyone. Perhaps someone can see if the proper stores are on there too or is it only the petrol station concessions.

Nolongerjustalurker

Chatty Member
Panic bought the best ever eclairs cos they were reduced (sickly but I love them haha) and the profiterole dessert as it was reduced to 80p, then remembered my boyfriend is away for the weekend and they all expire today 😂 send help

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I was running late for work, so I just threw the sandwich away.. If I had more time I definitely would have complained!! It was gross, I'm the sort of person that if something weird happens to my food once I am put off forever so I will no longer be eating M&S sarnies lol 😖
Going slightly off topic here but before I ordered a pizza takeout when on holiday (still in U.K. just a staycation) and when it arrived there were NAILS in the pizza, as in someone’s finger nail clippings!!!!! 🤮🤮🤮 it put me off takeout pizza for life. When I phoned to complain they said they would send another one 🤢 I declined obviously and got my money back. I also contacted the hygiene standards people who went out and done a check on them. I wouldn’t massively be put off by a hair but I get what you mean it leaves a scar 🤣

• Sick
  • Wow

Smallpotato

VIP Member
What’s everyone’s favourite sandwich/wrap? Want to get one for a late pincnic lunch . Had the best ever prawn Mayo recently but I found it a let down
ham and Mayo mustard. I will die on this hill. I’m pregnant and drove 15 miles for one the other day

• Haha
  • Heart

rivermonster

VIP Member
I have just posted this on the What's Annoying You forum.
Annoyed, I am bloody furious. Just been in my local M & S which is a small one and the bastard stood next to me, whilst I was getting my can of Mojito, picked up 2 bottles of Absolut Vodka and shoved one of them down his shorts (they were the jogger baggy type ones) then walked off to shove the other bottle down the other leg. He stood at the end of the isle adjusting everything so I found an assistant at the other end of the isle and told her where he was but really she could not do anything and he just walked out of the shop giving us a wink as he went. He had his hands in his pockets obviously holding the neck of the bottles and you could not tell he had them but everything was so quick.
Don't know if they have CCTV in there, I hope they have.
We joke on the M & S forum about the little freebie gifts and yellow tickets in M & S but this really makes me angry.
I should have been more annoyed they did not have any raspberry Mojito.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
I realise that no packaging is the way to go but I get the rage when I see shoppers picking food up to sniff it. I saw a man with a runny nose burying his face in a bunch of coriander and then he put it back and repeated it with other bunches. Then someone else comes along and picks up a bunch that he sniffed and puts it in their trolley. I get people wash and rinse it but it's still disgusting. People coughing and sneezing near uncovered food too, and it's the same with uncovered bakery items. Honestly makes me feel ill.

I've seen it done lots of times with uncovered food, especially fresh herbs. I never ever buy fresh uncovered herbs. I'd rather buy the dried stuff.

Last edited:
  • Sick

kev1974

VIP Member
oh man. it's percy jar cake reductions madness. how many should I buy.

I do wonder if they might have priced these too high :ROFLMAO:

1627589151091.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad

Clickbait

VIP Member
M&S are really taking the piss now. Went in last week and bought my dad a bag of fizzy Percy pig tails. No freebies in my Sparks offers yet again. Just opened up my email and had one from M&S with the heading ‘Open me for more Percy Pig treats’ and I thought finally they’re rewarding me with a freebie 🎉 Then I read the email… Just letting me know what the other Percy Pig products are. FFS 🤦🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow

Notworthy

VIP Member
Going slightly off topic here but before I ordered a pizza takeout when on holiday (still in U.K. just a staycation) and when it arrived there were NAILS in the pizza, as in someone’s finger nail clippings!!!!! 🤮🤮🤮 it put me off takeout pizza for life. When I phoned to complain they said they would send another one 🤢 I declined obviously and got my money back. I also contacted the hygiene standards people who went out and done a check on them. I wouldn’t massively be put off by a hair but I get what you mean it leaves a scar 🤣
That is gross, completely avoidable. I worked for a chain pizza place and the cook chopped off the end of his finger and it fell in the Tonno e Fagioli. With all the blood and drama they forgot to throw the Tonno out.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow

emm

VIP Member
But they were bloody yummy 😋
I haven't had chicken kiev since I was about 13 when Sugar magazine (anyone remember that?!) had a story about a girl who suffered horrific burns after cooking one in a frying pan and it exploded, scalding her with hot butter (albeit no idea why you would pay fry them:ROFLMAO:)

• Haha
Reactions: 11