Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
I was once in a Central London M&S (Tottenham Court Road) late and they started reducing some bakery items. I just thought oh great I’ve come at just the right time. I put a few in my trolley and turned away for a minute and a woman started taking these items out of my trolley to put in to hers. 😳 It was really bizarre and I had a word with her.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

kittypaws

VIP Member
Guys I think I'm gonna take a trip to m&s tomorrow, I passed my driving test 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to go out on my own more and more to get my confidence up so a trip to m&s sounds perfect to me :love:

Hit me with things I need to get! :giggle:

• Heart

Hbirdette

VIP Member
I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE

I’m having buttermilk chicken tenders with “our best ever” Mac & cheese and then veg.
Little tip for the buttermilk chicken - before you put it in the oven, drizzle it in honey and then cook for 5 mins longer 🤤

• Heart
  • Wow

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
So I bought the big daddy. It is good. So so good. Definitely does not serve 10. Maybe me, 10 times, but Definitely not share worthy

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

• Haha
  • Heart

rivermonster

VIP Member
M and S but not food.
Just been to look at a jacket in store that I saw online and in the street was a M & S rep giving out paper coat hangers which you had to take in the store to see what discount you could get. 10% - 20 - 30 or 50% plus there was a £250 voucher in each store. I got a 50 and 2/20% s (I did go and take them when she offered them) so I got my £70 jacket for £35 and now going to look if I want anything else. Good day all round. :)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

Notworthy

VIP Member
Recipe please for the chorizo and cheese chicken breasts my kids would love them 🙏
Butterfly chicken breasts, lay them on large sheets of cling film and then bash them flat, put slices of mozzarella and 4 thin slices of chorizo in the middle of each one then fold the ends up and then the sides over tightly and then twist the ends of the cling film so they are wrapped tight. Put in fridge for atleast 30 mins then unwrap the cling film, roll chicken in flour, dip in egg then roll in bread crumbs, put on baking tray and bake for approx 30 mins 180 fan. Actually got the recipe from come dine with me show and they put basil in there too. I usually serve with sauteed potatoes and peas, I chop the potatoes into approx inch square cunks, boil them then fry them with some more chorizo.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
my dad once witnessed two middle aged women fighting over a turkey in M&S on xmas eve, the most ridiculous thing was that it wasn't even the last one left 😂
On xmas eve all I want to do is go out for a walk in the countryside and come home, put my feet up in front of the fire and drink a load of Baileys. Last place I want to be is in M&S fighting over Turkeys, can't imagine anything more depressing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
We got an M&S voucher as an engagement present over the weekend, apparently spending it on “all the snacks” is inappropriate. Too early for divorce? 🤣

• Haha

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Can't you take a yellow sticker off a random product and just stick it on the thing you want then shove it through the self service till?
You could, but you shouldn’t. Also loads of these tills have built in cameras. It’s not worth the ‘ Tattler exposed for putting M&S reduced sticker on a Colin the Caterpillar cake pot to save 50p’ headline .

• Haha

Kezzle

Thought I would share my bargains today, lemon cake in a jar for £1.50 and these chocolate golden snitches reduced from £6 to 75p! and they are in date until November.
20210831_171004.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Who buys vegetables in M&S?

It's a giant emporium of ready meals and snack food/sweeties, and nothing more.

The vegetable aisle is just for people who've got money to burn!!!
I wouldn’t say I’ve money to burn, I don’t really buy many ready meals from M&S. i love all of their food I do most of my shopping there. I love their fresh fruit and veg selection they always have good variety of organic produce as well as fruits and veg I’m unable to find in other supermarkets like dragon fruit, custard apples, fennel etc . I find the quality of the fruit and veg to be much higher than that of my other local supermarkets. I find I actually save money shopping in M&S as I never have any food waste anymore! 😁

Nolongerjustalurker

Chatty Member
Just had the goats cheese and red onion ravioli from their fresh pasta section for lunch. I ate the half packet recommended portion then decided fuck it I’m having it all 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I don't know how they work it out - we stopped using my card as I was getting nothing much I would use and when we used my husbands card, spending about £30 over a few days, he started to get freebies, candle, handcream, sweets and a cake. Then I used mine over the weekend and got the money off chicken, tomatoes and breakfast cereal which I will use. It's a mystery to me.
We need an M&S insider to spill the tea ☕

Very traditional

VIP Member
My mum picked up 4 jars of the golden blonde spread for me today - I've got a cake order Tuesday for a chocolate cake with the brief of "anything you want" - it's going to be chocolate fudge cake with golden blonde spread and Swiss meringue buttercream. Definitely not for the calories counters 🙈

• Heart
  • Wow