M&S Food #19 Giving 80 year old childless, coeliac lesbians offers for men’s socks, kids PJs & Danish pastries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You'll get 2. got the extremely chocolatey iced buns on a yellow again. I'm grateful they're not that popular but I'm not sure why. They're my crack warmed with cream

Reactions: 2
Absolutely. I accept the challenge and will report back accordingly. Maybe there will be some yellow stickered things for the girls. Sorry not sorry.
I have to admit, 20:30 me is a little disappointed in 18:30 me for not getting them now! 🤣 But Friday after work is technically the weekend, so I'm going on the hunt for the lemon ones, but will settle for the Eton mess if I have to (such a tough life I lead 😓🤣)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Can recommend the chicken katsu sandwich! Still probably wouldn't pay the full price for it though 😅

To quote the blurb from the box it's "breaded katsu chicken goujons with curry mayo, honey & soy ketchup, pickled cabbage & carrot and coriander on a brioche style bread" delicious! Would definitely pick this up (yellow stickered!) again

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I can no longer eat gluten - I can’t find a thread for food recommendations. Does anyone have any M&S gluten free suggestions? Stuff that is accidentally gf tends to be better I think. I’m so sad 😭 please say there’s still nice food for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I can no longer eat gluten - I can’t find a thread for food recommendations. Does anyone have any M&S gluten free suggestions? Stuff that is accidentally gf tends to be better I think. I’m so sad 😭 please say there’s still nice food for me!
I’m not but I asked my friend who is and she likes their gluten free iced and spiced buns and rocky road mini bites. She also loves ‘We love cake’ raspberry ripple cakes and lemon cake from Sainsburys.

Reactions: 4
I'm not coeliac but think there's an issue with gluten and have always found the M&S free from line quite good.

I appreciate this is ‘half the story’ but I’m 99% sure people rave about the M&S GF chicken kievs.
(and why on earth can I remember useless stuff like this but not things that I actually need to know?)

• Haha
Good news for fellow veggies … the veggie kievs are back and the vegan salt beef pretzel roll. I had to buy both obviously in case they ran out 😆

• Haha
Not food related but has anyone seen any peony’s in store yet? I had a look today but could only see the normal flower offerings.

Not food related but has anyone seen any peony’s in store yet? I had a look today but could only see the normal flower offerings.
M&S flowers to order aren’t delivering peonies until 29th so it’s possible they’ll have them next week in store. Last year Waitrose was the first place near me to have them, M&S were a week or so behind.

bought a "Mint Chocolate Selection" box of chocolates from M&S today as a treat (cost £7), opened them up and they don't taste of anything, not minty at all. Checked on the box and they are over two months beyond the Best Before date! Don't expect that from Marks and Sparks, seems like their stock checking in the store I was in is rubbish!

Have dropped them a feedback on their website, will see if they fix it.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
bought a "Mint Chocolate Selection" box of chocolates from M&S today as a treat (cost £7), opened them up and they don't taste of anything, not minty at all. Checked on the box and they are over two months beyond the Best Before date! Don't expect that from Marks and Sparks, seems like their stock checking in the store I was in is rubbish!

Have dropped them a feedback on their website, will see if they fix it.

I had an out of date product this week. As you said I wouldn't expect this from marks and Spencer

Reactions: 3
M&S flowers to order aren’t delivering peonies until 29th so it’s possible they’ll have them next week in store. Last year Waitrose was the first place near me to have them, M&S were a week or so behind.
I got some delivered last year and they were such a disappointment. They didn’t open at all just withered while still in bud. Loathe to order them again. They’re my absolute favourite and M&S used to get the best

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I bought peonies last year after a lot of people raved about them on this thread but i didn’t have a good experience! The petals fell off ridiculously quickly, there’d be a new pile on my coffee table every couple of hours!
I think I got a day of them looking ok, and then two days later all the petals were gone. I stick to the roses now, the ones I bought Sunday before last are only just starting to look a little tired.

I bought peonies last year after a lot of people raved about them on this thread but i didn’t have a good experience! The petals fell off ridiculously quickly, there’d be a new pile on my coffee table every couple of hours!
I think I got a day of them looking ok, and then two days later all the petals were gone. I stick to the roses now, the ones I bought Sunday before last are only just starting to look a little tired.
I love orange roses but the M&S ones don’t last more than a few days for me

I've found sainsburys flowers to be very good. Had some tulips last UPRIGHT for well over a week which I was impressed by 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've found sainsburys flowers to be very good. Had some tulips last UPRIGHT for well over a week which I was impressed by 🤣
Me too! Purple ones from Waitrose. Still upright week on. I’m finding them slightly unnerving!

• Haha
Peonies can be hit and miss. I find they are better earlier in the season. They have a tendency to be ‘glued’ shut. Wiping the outer leaves with warm water helps or even removing them. When they are good ones they are a joy, but massive disappointment if you get rogues.
In other news I’m going to try and get the massively overpriced yum nuts today.
---
I love orange roses but the M&S ones don’t last more than a few days for me
M&S roses always flop after a day or so for me. Waitrose and Morrisons roses are the best I’ve had. Must try Sainsburys flowers, always hear good things about them.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.