M&S Food #14 Who needs £5 of onions?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Middle of a heatwave and they offer this. I swear they're taking the piss.
25% off food and drink for a meal you'd have to pay for anyway is a very good offer, no? I know if I wasn't working over the next few days I'd love to fit in a reduced price pub lunch sitting outside in the sunshine!

Reactions: 5
Dribble 😋😋😋
It would be too cruel not to at least give us the lemon mousse recipe. 🤷😥
I used this recipe but halved the ingredients (made 6 pots) . I also had two egg whites leftover from making a hollandaise so I whisked them up with a few drops of lemon juice to medium peaks and folded them into the cream/curd mixture. I only did it as I had the whites spare and to lighten it up somewhat. The recipe on its own was delicious.

https://thetoastykitchen.com/easy-lemon-mousse/

• Heart
Reactions: 3
yeah but ... Chavsda ...

If I wanted 27 flavours of Fray Bentos offal-based meatballs, or 210 different types of Polish biscuits, or to be dodging Wayne and Waynetta in the aisle, and risking my life on stab roulette, sure ....

(p.s. only joking ... I love Chavsda ... my mother in law is forever going on about that same generous loyalty payout)
Chavsda 😂 We call it ASBO in our house but I do love the odd visit there. I can usually manage to get my partner about half-way round before he decides he hates it again.

Reactions: 4
I love asda. I'd probably love it less if it was my local supermarket though!

Reactions: 1
I like Asda…online. Going in store around our area is always an experience to say the least 😂😂

Reactions: 2
I've got free Percies on my card.

Thread title Free Percies galore but we want more

• Haha
Reactions: 9
M&S food #15: give us the big bag of pigs and nobody gets hurt 🔫

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We all had a pretty good run with the big bags and a small bag for free is better than nothing. Still gunna be slightly annoyed about it for a bit though 😂

I like Asda…online. Going in store around our area is always an experience to say the least 😂😂
I run the risk of bumping in to Jack Monroe at mine so avoid it as much as possible!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Chavsda 😂 We call it ASBO in our house but I do love the odd visit there. I can usually manage to get my partner about half-way round before he decides he hates it again.
I’m with your husband. I go as some stuff there is good then remeber why I hate it and don’t go. I’ve got a few home bits which I thought where good for the price. I’m not keen on there meat but there is an M&S opposite so just use the 3 for £12 offer and get plenty for one person for the week. I have some Asda oven chips and tbey are the best ones I’ve ever had, that could be because I’ve just got an air fryer and use that though. They seem to cook crispy without being burnt. I find in the oven they are normally anaemic or burnt with no in between. There chip shop curry sauce granules are nice to, much nicer than the bisto ones. I can’t think of anything else to recommend off the top of my head.

Asdas loyalty app is doing a scheme where they are giving up to £100 every time you shop, can use it once a day and since it started I’ve used it 3 times and got £2 back
More than I’ve ever got off M&S 😂
I find the Asda Rewards scheme the best so far. I’ll be honest, I don’t really know how it works 😂 I just know I scan it every time I shop, watch my cash pot build up and every so often get a nice healthy discount off my shopping. Getting £30 off a £50 shop feels amazing. And I don’t have to spend a certain amount on a certain product to redeem it either. Not like M&S that want you to spend £5 on teabags to get 50p off! Plus I have a blue light card so that helps increase the Asda Reward pot too.

Reactions: 9
I’m with your husband. I go as some stuff there is good then remeber why I hate it and don’t go. I’ve got a few home bits which I thought where good for the price. I’m not keen on there meat but there is an M&S opposite so just use the 3 for £12 offer and get plenty for one person for the week. I have some Asda oven chips and tbey are the best ones I’ve ever had, that could be because I’ve just got an air fryer and use that though. They seem to cook crispy without being burnt. I find in the oven they are normally anaemic or burnt with no in between. There chip shop curry sauce granules are nice to, much nicer than the bisto ones. I can’t think of anything else to recommend off the top of my head.
I like Asda's Nescafé dupe.

We all had a pretty good run with the big bags and a small bag for free is better than nothing. Still gunna be slightly annoyed about it for a bit though 😂

I run the risk of bumping in to Jack Monroe at mine so avoid it as much as possible!
Apparently Hot UK Deals had been talking about the big bags in the last couple of weeks so I wonder if it was them that caused the restriction rather than us 😂

"Linger too long around the smart price long grain rice at your peril!! 😂 (won’t ask how the VBI is going, I can’t get sucked back into that madness, although the frauen did keep me laughing through lockdown

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I like Asda's Nescafé dupe.
I’m not a huge fan of coffee. I like Mochas but I’ve not seen anything other than Nescafe and Starbucks in my local Asda. I got a bargain yesterday though and got some boxes of starbucks white chocolate mochas for £1.50 each from the coop. Not as cheap as Aldi but they don’t sell white chocolate ones and they where still a bargain.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.