Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
Got one of these yesterday to try. Very small but sounds exciting! Will update when I try it, I’ve put it in the freezer but maybe have it over the weekend.
5B1ABD09-2AD8-4993-A128-F6A6695A3D3E.jpeg

Reactions: 8
Had one of my top favourite products at the weekend - Cornish Cruncher Cheese Bake. (I also like the versions from Asda and Morrisons, plus they are cheaper). It was definitely a lot greasier than usual, seemed a lot more oily. I still demolished it myself though. We also got the boxed Spicy Chicken Fajitas. Tasty enough but definitely not spicy (which suits me TBH but may disappoint others). It also said on the box it serves 2 - my husband could have ate the whole box himself quite easily, so you would definitely need something else to bulk out this as a meal for 2 people.
I find that M&S in particular can be quite optimistic with their serving numbers and my cynical side has noticed it often occurs when a more generous portion would tip something into a red light on the label!

Missmopps

VIP Member
I need a new mattress I have backache every morning when I wake up 😟
No idea what mattress to get. The last one was a killer and a supposedly good make. So feeling a bit wary about what to buy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I think the Which guide like Marks and Sparks ones but that was a few years ago. 🤔
Not M&S related but in answer to your question, go to a bed shop and get the right tension for your size and weight. You should try out quite a few and then whittle them down to the ones your find most comfortable in your preferred sleeping position. There should be a trained consultant who will ask you to lie on your side to make sure your spine is aligned and your hips and bottom not sinking into the mattress too much. I spent months researching this last year and ended up with a John Lewis medium support pillow top luxury cotton mattress. I love it.

• Heart

Notworthy

VIP Member
Couldn't get to M&S until 5.50pm, not much left from the Valentines deal other than the Vegan shit and the butternut risotto, passed on both those but did grab 2 of the valentines 3 cheese bakes.

ETA My boss keeps asking about the percies, had to point out it's not the fucking magic porridge pot, gotta wait a month for next regeneration

• Haha
  • Wow

Meg78

VIP Member
It seems like such an obvious thing to ask customers when they sign up to sparks for dietary needs 🤨

• Heart

carriebooboo

VIP Member
I'm on board for some treats, but M&S might be slightly over estimating interest in the coronation. :LOL:

• Haha

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Looks fab! An older store near me is getting a huge makeover (cafe removed and I've noticed this in other M&S food shops, is this the general direction?). As the store isn't closing at any point, its being done in stages, and every single time I go in, everything is in a different place, it's so disorientating lol.
---
I remember seeing the pitta chips getting well mentioned on here but couldn't see them on my last visit to a shop. Could someone post a picture of the packet to help me spot it the next time I'm in?
Here they are! Enjoy!
---
I’ve had it a few times with the dine in meal. It’s very nice and tasty with good quality meat. Up there with Charlie Bigham as the best ready done lazzie!
Love this term 'lazzie', I've been calling it that since I read this post! Anyway the Best Ever Lasagne is in my oven right now, serving with some homemade chips - I'll let you all know my verdict! Oh and the GF lasagne is cooking too in the oven for my partner!
---
Well I finished the Best Ever lazzie, absolutely amazing! As good as homemade! So filling!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

Missmopps

VIP Member
Had a mooch around the Marble Arch food hall today. Had all the ranges and more. Huge frozen section. I was in M&S heaven!

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
In hospital with my baby who has Bronchiolitis 😣 the only thing making up for it is the Costa downstairs that sells m&s food. I had a bag of Percy pigs and a ham and coleslaw sandwich for lunch it cheered me up slightly!
Hope your baby gets better soon 💕

• Heart

Missmopps

VIP Member
I went into 3 food halls today (all of them were on my route home) and stocked up on Yorkshire’s, pugs in blankets, one chicken and quite a few beef joints for the freezer. None on a yellow sticker but reduced to clear. I hope the beef rump joints are nice seeing as I went a bit berserk buying them😂. The only yellow sticker Mother’s Day stuff was the roasties and roast pork.

Yesterday, I cooked the small beef joint from the regular range (in the foil roasting trays) and it was really nice and tender, cooked medium rare.

maharini

Plenty of people aged 60+ are quite capable of using technology, saying it’s overwhelming for them is a total stereotype.

Sounds like your store has poor customer service and I would make a complaint if they treated me like that!
I‘ve just finished some short term work in a shop and my fave customer was an 84 year old woman who pays for everything on her Apple Watch ‘because it really annoys the young ‘uns, my pet’. My mentor for getting older, Dorothy Apple, we called her, always willing to try something new.
I am tech savvy and I struggle with M&S, they dont seem to give a flying fig about helping customers with their tech changes. Some of their self-service checkouts are so awful that I want to take a machete to them! Mind you, lots of the staff seem to struggle with it too….

Meg78

VIP Member
The peach kitchen cleaner is the best! I will actually be gutted if they’re being taken away 😩

• Sad

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
I had a look in M&S today and bagged some bargains. I got the heart potato rostis and chocolate puddings from the Valentines deal half price. Also a pack of the mini valentines Colin’s for £1.37.

Then they had loads of their cooking chocolate reduced with red stickers so I got a few different bits, different chocolate chunks, bars of blonde cooking chocolate for 50p and fudge pieces. So my baking cupboard is stocked up now.

I didn’t see the dine in roast deal but might give that a go as if sounds good 👍

• Heart

Clickbait

VIP Member
887FDEA6-7DE6-4E66-8B0E-9DC09F0D1D90.jpeg

So yep, you’re right! I’d picked up the chicken which said for 4 and wrongly assumed the same for the beef. It looked quite meagre once cooked (and the added water it mentions on the label had come out) however it was really delicious and we managed to stretch it between 4 adults (just!)

Would recommend reducing the cooking time by at least 5 minutes to match the doneness it suggests. I wanted it rare and it was medium-well. Fortunately it was very soft and not dry.

• Heart

Clickbait

VIP Member
I went in today and used most of the Sparks food offers I was finally given along with my first freebie since the advent calendar pig lights. Spent just over £50 (had a saving of £20 with offers/deals) so hopefully they realise if they give me decent offers I’ll be more inclined to use their shop!

No yellow ticket items to speak of but the freezer is now well stocked. Still noticeable how much stuff has gone up in quite a short period of time.

Rainbow1

VIP Member
Added my free Tattle percies then got another in my offers
Definitely feel like I’m scamming them 😂
51422EFC-AAD6-4D9A-AF9C-4838CE94013E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart