Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Missmopps

VIP Member
I got the crispy chicken 3 for £12 deal. I cooked the southern fried tenders and the buttermilk tenders together. The buttermilk chicken you could tell was much juicier and whiter. Delish! Had with M&S wraps and the vadash garlic sauerkraut which isn’t ‘M&s brand but delicious and available instore

Reactions: 1

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
You’re very welcome to start one! Threads are created by members who wish to talk about something, but it would seem waitrose are neither beloved nor hated enough for anyone to have wanted to discuss them at length as yet.

For me personally they’re just too highly priced to consider regularly, this year I have done our “big shop” at a different supermarket each week to compare quality and price, Waitrose was by far the highest cost, to give examples something as simple as a pack of Braeburn apples, M&S is £1.38, Waitrose is £2.10, “Perfectly Ripe Plums” are £2.65 at the food hall, but £4.00 at the partnership, it’s across the board that staples and basics have a ridiculous mark up for the same product from the same packaging plant, and it pushes the price up on a trolley significantly, so whilst I’ll happily buy a treat from them and I applaud that most of their ready meals use gluten free breadcrumb, I would never rave about them as a supermarket because they’re committing daylight robbery on families across the country

View attachment 1934711
---

Highly recommend the app from trolley.co.uk to compare supermarket prices btw!
Oh my, at those prices I wouldn't be shopping regularly in Waitrose. I didn't realise the price differential was so big even with M&S.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I do get that pack, there’s usually 5 pieces in it, sometimes 6. It’s a lot of money for it, although sometimes a pack of 3 can be £7.50.
I’ve maybe misremembered how many pieces were inside. Maybe it was ~6 for £9. £12 seems like a big jump!

Yeah I got two lots, the spatch cock chicken a d the beef joint for meats. I’ve frozen the beef so can’t comment but the chicken was really nice. Sides I got the yorkies, stuffing, 2 x pigs, parsnips and the carrot and swede mash. Froze the carrot and swede mash. Really enjoyed all the other sides. Parsnips were really tasty
Thank you so much!

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I have a sparks offer for money off cereal. Any recommendations for a nice one? I got the coco pops a while ago and they were terrible! Tasted stale and not chocolatey 😔 Not sure how you can get them wrong but M&S managed

Usagisakura90

Chatty Member
I took advantage of the school clothes offer to get some cardigans and long socks, but why don't their school dresses go above age 12 years, but I managed to get a pack of 16-17 cardigans, il have the same issues with summer dresses soon.

Thank goodness I'll be buying secondary school uniform soon and won't have to find grey dresses anymore.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Got a free pastry on my app! I'm gonna use it tomorrow 🙂 It says sweet and savoury but I wonder what the most expensive thing you can get is. To maximize the value? Anyone any idea?
Click on the terms and conditions, my one said a pastry or a muffin, yum nut etc .