M&S Food #10 Christmas treats are coming, don't set the bar low with Gary!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll have him lol went to his 1 man show the other week oh it was fantastic 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry i'm a bit late to the chat about the advent items. Are people getting different things on different days? Yesterday I got the tea bag lantern free and today was 20% off gift wrapping/bags. I'm in Scotland so no reduced tipple for me.

Reactions: 4

Yel

I'd still rather this than anything to do with Holly Willoughby or Gary Barlow :LOL:

1669988406341.png

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I got a free bottle of prosecco in yesterdays and in today's 15% of liqueur - I think M&S think I'm an alcoholic :)

• Haha
Sorry i'm a bit late to the chat about the advent items. Are people getting different things on different days? Yesterday I got the tea bag lantern free and today was 20% off gift wrapping/bags. I'm in Scotland so no reduced tipple for me.
Yes there was tea, prosecco, hand cream, gin and other larger items yesterday and today seems to be money off things like crisps, wrapping paper and other random items.

My local M&S was like gin-mageddon today, it was all over the place. I also feel like I’m being watched as my first Christmas offer was a free bottle … 🙄 I will admit that I picked one up because it would be rude not to, otherwise the poor staff are going to have to drag them into the stockroom again come January and drag them out again come December. Needless to say, there were LOADS of people also getting their free bottle. Anyone who’s ever mentioned liking gin, however casually, is totally getting at least two of those bottles for Christmas …

I have just been into my local M and S and noticed that the Tea Lantern shelves looked like they had been burgled. The Gin shelf was normal as we don't get those offers here. :confused: It is the only M and S for miles around so Friday shopping is the norm and everyone must have brought their Sparks offers with them.
Another place where facebook is telling everyone to get a Sparks card so they can get brilliant freebies - annoys me to hell as they will never go in there again after 12th Dec and we will get diluted offers or they have none available.

Last edited:
Went in to collect declaration, they had ‘ all gone’ of course. Heard lots of people asking about their freebie, coins and chocolates. Staff quoting ‘ subject to availability’ . Felt sorry for them they must be sick of it already. Got a big lump of Cornish cruncher and a Cornish er cry her and cider dipper thingy for heating up. Shame I need to cook tonight or that would have been my tea sorted! They had so much Christmas stuff, the ready made veg, big packs of mash, gravy, turkey. Not a yellow in sticker in sight.

• Sad

Wish they'd behave with advertising it! Lol also says "On one of the 12 days, customers will have the chance to enter a draw for a chance to win a holiday to Canada worth over £12,000. Shoppers who open every door will also be rewarded with an M&S app exclusive golden reward on December 13"

I have just been into my local M and S and noticed that the Tea Lantern shelves looked like they had been burgled. The Gin shelf was normal as we don't get those offers here. :confused: It is the only M and S for miles around so Friday shopping is the norm and everyone must have brought their Sparks offers with them.
Another place where facebook is telling everyone to get a Sparks card so they can get brilliant freebies - annoys me to hell as they will never go in there again after 12th Dec and we will get diluted offers or they have none available.
I think unless you had to endure the GB bollox of 2021 advent....then you shouldn't be eligible 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Went in to collect declaration, they had ‘ all gone’ of course. Heard lots of people asking about their freebie, coins and chocolates. Staff quoting ‘ subject to availability’ . Felt sorry for them they must be sick of it already. Got a big lump of Cornish cruncher and a Cornish er cry her and cider dipper thingy for heating up. Shame I need to cook tonight or that would have been my tea sorted! They had so much Christmas stuff, the ready made veg, big packs of mash, gravy, turkey. Not a yellow in sticker in sight.
Yeah my M&S didn't have any of the decorations or free lights. I bet they hardly had any and they're careful not to sell them online so you can't get them for free and then do click and collect. 😂

The food section had massive boxes of the crisps you could get 15% off, though and they were positioned very close to the entrance.

So it's pretty clear what they're doing: entice people in with a free gift on day 1 that they likely won't be able to get. Then once they're in the store, wave the 15% off items under their nose in the hope they'll think "might as well use ONE of these Sparks offers".

I didn't bother, though, as it seemed like such a swizz and the queue was crazy in the food part. What cost of living crisis? :D

Reactions: 5
@Ensay, you are absolutely right. Lure us in and tells us you can’t have your ‘ reward’. It’s probably one of the worst loyalty schemes available. Another tattler must have been in as well because there were no large bags of Percy pigs 😂. Tbh I think Percy has been massively overdone and it’s time he was turned into a big roast ! On the plus size I have Cornish cruncher .

• Haha
Reactions: 5
@Ensay, you are absolutely right. Lure us in and tells us you can’t have your ‘ reward’. It’s probably one of the worst loyalty schemes available. Another tattler must have been in as well because there were no large bags of Percy pigs 😂. Tbh I think Percy has been massively overdone and it’s time he was turned into a big roast ! On the plus size I have Cornish cruncher .
I told you the other day that the Percy drink was a blended Percy but would you all listen.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just to add all of the Xmas decorations were 30% off so they had probably all been sold even before the freebie sparks offers. The gin was piled high, I was given some a couple of weeks back, mince pie I think it said, sounded rank. Give me Hendricks any day 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Maybe it might work? All publicity is good in the end.Many who do sign up might see that M&S isn’t that much more expensive for some basic items like milk and pasta. How many leave with just one item after they’re in the shop?

Reactions: 2
They actually had plenty of the free hand cream in my store… I’m actually shocked!!!
They had a few beaten in Black pepper version of the handcream . That was a nice surprise . I'd have preferred the sea salt or lime but those were only testers I was told that a lot of the staff of my local won the gin yesterday. One woman won the footballs which they don't stock so I'm considering myself lucky

Poor Gaz 😂 no one wants him
don't make me search n bring this one out again
1670006560424.png

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
2 bits of good news today - the above and I've come up on the premium bonds.
About time something nice happened. I can put the heating on more and maybe have a cheeky something from M and S 👍
ooh looks like they're moving into the old debenhams in liverpool! will miss seeing the church st store if that goes though, been there almost 100 years.
eta - will be 85k sqft out of 185k, with the top floors sold to someone else for bowling, mini golf etc.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.