Lydia Millen #58 Buying luxury to stay relevant, but owning Hermès won't make you elegant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she so obsessed with working with Karen Millen? She said before it was her dream collab and they turned her down before or something along those lines.

I get it if it was say Louis Vuitton but Karen Millen is so meh, like it was maybe popular in 1998, I think I’d be turning them down lol

Reactions: 43
I sometimes wonder if 2020 was so bad for her because she had nothing to distract herself from how awful she is. Before she could distract herself with trips to London, press trips, shopping and meetings but in 2020 she couldn't do any of that so she actually had to deal with herself and the voice inside her head (conscience). She always says that she loves to be busy and you know what they say, people make themselves busy and put too much on their plate to avoid difficult emotions and issues.
You'd think the opposite would be true. Remember how she never wanted to leave the Bungalow? Constantly said she preferred staying home, living the sloth life. 2020 should have been HER YEAR! No one was going anywhere, so she wasn't being "left behind" as the other girls went on press trips and had bigger opportunities. She got a million things changed around in her house, despite people being infected all over the place and the death toll sky rocketing. She didn't have to interact with anyone, which is ideal since she admits to finding it difficult to deal with most people. And she never stopped shopping. Not for one day!

The only way I think 2020 was hard for her, was in the uncertainty of her coffers continuing to be filled by her lazy antics at "influencing". Her product line bombing spectacularly. And maybe having to be alone with Ali more than usual. That's it. Before the pandemic she never wanted to go anywhere and was shattered after any event, needing days in bed to recuperate.

She loves to pretend to be busy. I don't think eye bleeping yourself as you walk around a bungalow holding a camera, fluffing pillows, and slow jogging here and there is truly busy. Let's see her deal with managing a family, high paced job, helping aged parents, taking care of pets, the weekly shop, daily cooking and cleaning up, and see how she deals. Ali does everything, her staff do the rest. I guess keeping her fake tan consistently mud coloured, day in and day out, could be "busy work". Oh and running herself ragged deleting any negative feedback. That's a full time job right there.

I'd love her to be introspective enough to see the reality we all see. I'd love to think she has a conscience. See her grow. Love to see her start showing love and care towards her family, and the vulnerable all around us. If she did that, I'd be thrilled to support her. But she continues to be more self obsessed than ever before. Which considering the state of the world right now, is quite an accomplishment. To be so unmoved when you're seeing every day people losing their jobs and homes, the numbers of the dead that are dying horrible, lonely deaths. It's really incredible that she, in 2021, is still more focused on slapping down people that gently tell her her Birkin isn't new, but pre-loved. But that's Lydia in a nutshell. Lady Incorrigible of Buckinghamshire Border.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Why is she so obsessed with working with Karen Millen? She said before it was her dream collab and they turned her down before or something along those lines.
Because they're the only brand left willing to work with her....

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Lydia is like a person that has somehow managed to be raised throughout childhood and into being an adult without being taught morals. If she had morals she'd be a better person, or at least act as if she had a conscience. The lack of morals has to be the lack of role models growing up. You'd have thought that with access to both parents, a spare mother, grandparents, aunties, uncles and a sibling, someone somewhere must have had morals to model to her as a way to behave? I am completely befuddled by this fact. The more I see Lydia and Ali together and their behaviour the more I realise these two were made for one another. I used to be an Ali fan and almost joined the rave thread (can't remember if that actually became a thing in the end) but I can now see either he has changed his behaviour and is now morally corrupt just like her, or he always was that way, he just needed Lydia to winkle it out of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
THUS SPOKE THE BEE (by special request from our esteemed Miss Trunchbull)

Thus spoke the bee🐝
Oh! Goodness me!
This dire responsibility
A name makes not a thing bespoke
It makes me buzz and want to choke
I flap my wings and make a fuss
If truth be known I swear and cuss
Do you not know who you are?
Your name is carved on book, on car
On Ladders and on make-up pots
On pens, on tartan or on spots
I fear for your identity...
Or that you’ll carve your name on me
When I appear in your strange garden
So will you offer me a pardon?
Allow me just to fly away
Without your name - put on display?
I do not want to be bespoke
I am a bee - I’m not a joke...
This is just perfect! I laughed so much, it’s witty and clever (although it’s probably too clever for Lidl and Aldi to understand) and cheered me up on a day when it’s not even got light in the UK ...... thank you!😊

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Frow has launched a new series on her channel where she will be talking about new launches and collaborations. I wonder if she will discuss Lydia x KM 3.0 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Lydia is like a person that has somehow managed to be raised throughout childhood and into being an adult without being taught morals. If she had morals she'd be a better person, or at least act as if she had a conscience. The lack of morals has to be the lack of role models growing up. You'd have thought that with access to both parents, a spare mother, grandparents, aunties, uncles and a sibling, someone somewhere must have had morals to model to her as a way to behave? I am completely befuddled by this fact. The more I see Lydia and Ali together and their behaviour the more I realise these two were made for one another. I used to be an Ali fan and almost joined the rave thread (can't remember if that actually became a thing in the end) but I can now see either he has changed his behaviour and is now morally corrupt just like her, or he always was that way, he just needed Lydia to winkle it out of him.
Ali might suffer with a bit of a problem - Visible Vanity.
I believe that intrinsically he is a gentle soul and loves animals, however, because of his exposure to his living conditions where his vanity is applauded and where all that seems to matter is how something looks; he may have allowed himself to be taken over by vanity. This makes it visible. I constantly too and fro over him. He is somewhat endearing at times but comes across as vain, without resilience or backbone. If he had a backbone the dog would not appear anywhere in jumpers nor would he allow his wife to diminish him on line. Her lack of respect for him seems to have transmogrified into our lack of respect for him in some bizarre form of osmosis. I also get the impression he is earnest in his intentions but despite my best efforts I cannot get behind sump-pumps, cameras with two letters and four numbers following them or his car park photography. That’s not so much to do with him its more I don’t find it particularly compelling - many might though. At least he has a hobby (photography) and strives to perfect his craft.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
It quite apparent that our Lyds doesn’t own a dictionary @missmousey.
Ali should ha e bought her a leather bound one for her anniversary gift instead of that ridiculous Smythson Diary!
Lockdown dreams are crazy but I do dream of sending her a box of books on English grammar etc. I know where she lives.....:m
In fact I could hand deliver if it wasn't Lockdown 😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Lockdown dreams are crazy but I do dream of sending her a box of books on English grammar etc. I know where she lives.....:m
In fact I could hand deliver if it wasn't Lockdown 😁
If you go missing we will all know to insist on having the LV trunks forced open...x :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I bet the design team at Karen Millen absolutely loathe her. She's a bleeping moron who knows nothing about fashion, fabrics, style or anything else for that matter.

That thing looks like a sleeveless dress that zips up with a shirt under it. Not sure how anyone would wear a waistcoat that goes below the knee.

Never a word about the fabrics, sustainability or sizing, just me me me.

Also, if she has so much influence with Karen Millen, why not push some loungewear at the moment, instead of super smart city tailored clothing that no one is buying or wearing!!!!
I agree the design team can't stand her....that's why they chose an outfit that makes her look even shorter than the 5' 3" she is :m

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Still not up there with Claire is she though? Claire’s designing her own range, Lydia is piggy backing off Karen Millen who haven’t been popular in years!

Reactions: 22
I agree.
I've said on here before that she seems to have missed that part of growing up where you saw your mother cooking and helped out, you had family meals and were taught manners, where your job was to lay the table correctly, where vanity and greed were frowned on, hard work expected......I could go on, but what happened to her?

• Heart
Oooh look, Lydiot sent Josie some of her Waitrose homegrown carrots ... 😛😛😛 (not really lol)

20210119_215313.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

I get it if it was say Louis Vuitton but Karen Millen is so meh, like it was maybe popular in 1998, I think I’d be turning them down lol
She’s so obsessed because no other brand is really interested in her. Just see Victoria (ITF) how many items she receives in PR, Lydia doesn’t get even 50% of that.

Reactions: 29
I agree.
I've said on here before that she seems to have missed that part of growing up where you saw your mother cooking and helped out, you had family meals and were taught manners, where your job was to lay the table correctly, where vanity and greed were frowned on, hard work expected......I could go on, but what happened to her?
YOU LIVED AT MY HOUSE???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just watched the vlog, which was bad enough, but then someone mentioned Instagram and I had to look there too.

By deconstructed, do you think she means 'sleeveless and unlined'?

ETA: I'm now an active member! Woo hoo!
Congratulations 🎉

People who shoot in competitions wear yellow lens in their glasses because it helps with clarity on cloudy days.
Oh thanks for that. Interesting, I hope it’s not animals they shoot though🤞

Reactions: 6
Ali might suffer with a bit of a problem - Visible Vanity.
I believe that intrinsically he is a gentle soul and loves animals, however, because of his exposure to his living conditions where his vanity is applauded and where all that seems to matter is how something looks; he may have allowed himself to be taken over by vanity. This makes it visible. I constantly too and fro over him. He is somewhat endearing at times but comes across as vain, without resilience or backbone. If he had a backbone the dog would not appear anywhere in jumpers nor would he allow his wife to diminish him on line. Her lack of respect for him seems to have transmogrified into our lack of respect for him in some bizarre form of osmosis. I also get the impression he is earnest in his intentions but despite my best efforts I cannot get behind sump-pumps, cameras with two letters and four numbers following them or his car park photography. That’s not so much to do with him its more I don’t find it particularly compelling - many might though. At least he has a hobby (photography) and strives to perfect his craft.
Really interesting insight!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.