Lydia Millen #58 Buying luxury to stay relevant, but owning Hermès won't make you elegant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another dream! Looking across the woodland! Still needed a phone call into the interior designer though 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can’t wait for them to restyle the corridor to look like this for that authentic country house look
F3C76444-0C20-44A2-96A6-438254D0E4E6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Dream of 5 years? She’s only lived there a few years. And we all know the dream is a building to decorate and “stage” and take photos in front of and to have DECAF coffee in and sit in and not real gardening.

If the 5 years is the vlog we’ve all seen of her on a PR trip for yogurt to soho farm house... where she bitched and moaned about cooking and eating veg and made her self the center of attention during a cooking class.... then well that’s a stretch. She maybe mentioned wanting to plant things for a split second but I personally think she was more mesmerized at the exclusivity and status “grounds” and greenhouses give. She’s probably sucking up to Josie so she can be sponsored to become a member and then it’ll be bye gurl and on to the next... note Josie is also on this trip LOL.

And she or the brand must have had a videographer do this one because it’s quite professionally done with a lot of nod to the sponsor of the trip and branding. More than she ever does now or in recent times.

D953EBF9-AE25-400F-9046-47EDDF49BEC6.jpeg

Adding that vlog for those who haven’t seen it. Note it’s nov 2016 so that’s only about 4 yrs ago right? What’s with this OVER 5 years? Her dream then was Ibiza nightclubs right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I've never known anyone have coffee in their greenhouse?! Isn't a greenhouse a functional space to create conditions for certain plants and veg to grow in... Does she think it is a conservatory?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Correct if if I’m wrong, but I didn’t see a water bowl for the little pup, near his cage!? Surely he should have one close to where he sleeps? He might be dehydrated, which is why he’s not getting up in the night!?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Oh Porter got to go outside but um.... in a bag :rolleyes:

so it’s too cold for him to be potty trained but she’s only got a blazer on?! How cold could it even be if she’s not wearing a warm coat, scarf, hat or even gloves?

1E6274DB-08C6-42B4-931B-92944E3ED322.jpeg
CC5A434B-06F8-4B7E-8CBD-C5810139B330.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Dream of 5 years? She’s only lived there a few years. And we all know the dream is a building to decorate and “stage” and take photos in front of and to have DECAF coffee in and sit in and not real gardening.

If the 5 years is the vlog we’ve all seen of her on a PR trip for yogurt to soho farm house... where she bitched and moaned about cooking and eating veg and made her self the center of attention during a cooking class.... then well that’s a stretch. She maybe mentioned wanting to plant things for a split second but I personally think she was more mesmerized at the exclusivity and status “grounds” and greenhouses give. She’s probably sucking up to Josie so she can be sponsored to become a member and then it’ll be bye gurl and on to the next... note Josie is also on this trip LOL.

And she or the brand must have had a videographer do this one because it’s quite professionally done with a lot of nod to the sponsor of the trip and branding. More than she ever does now or in recent times.

View attachment 388413

Adding that vlog for those who haven’t seen it. Note it’s nov 2016 so that’s only about 4 yrs ago right? What’s with this OVER 5 years? Her dream then was Ibiza nightclubs right?
Pre facial reconstruction...old nose and mole.
She really shows herself up here with her limited repertoire of vegetables and unwillingness to try anything vaguely 'new'.

Screenshot_20210117-163214.png

Reactions: 16
Sorry this is the vlog where she says she would like a kitchen garden. 🙄 around 9:15. (Can you tell I’m bored lol?!) I still say she likes the lifestyle and looks of a wealthy estate with greenhouse because if it was about the gardening she could have been fine for her first growing year with the truss and maybe one little patch for larger things.
Going to be fun to watch her realize what she’s actually done to herself in terms of bugs and hard smelly work and wayyyy too much vegetables covered in bugs and worms. And the humid and hot greenhouse won’t be so pleasant to sit in for someone like her who complains of anything smelling of soil. I think for gardeners with a real passion, these are not negatives... but for her it will be funny to watch her pretend like this doesn’t bother her. Hates spiders. Hates vegetables. Hates hard work.

And don’t get me started on her greenhouse and kitchen floor that are likely FREE since they’ve been tagged. Why is she putting outdoor pavers in her kitchen? I’m going to need to hear more about this to understand how her kitchen floor isn’t going to end up looking like a driveway and patio.

And you are all so right. Porter’s little world is the kitchen. And he’s just arrived and doesn’t even get to go outside to pee pee. Even his potty is that kitchen. She’s going to do this very very noisy and destructive floor replacement in January, during lockdown and just after getting porter used to that room? This sounds like a horrible idea. She should wait on that kitchen floor until she’s in a different tier and the puppy is settled. Also I know I wouldn’t want to be trapped inside without the ability to really leave my home during what is about to happen with that flooring.

F1801669-DC52-4DE6-ABD0-21F21716D461.jpeg
77F73C4F-71FF-44FA-AEC2-B6B22E6D45B0.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Puppies are SO MUCH WORK.

She's not off to a good start because her breeder is tit. No good breeder would have added her to their list willy nilly, without ensuring they had secured their garden before the pup set foot on their property. I had to walk through fire to be allowed to get my dogs. It was intense, invasive, uncomfortable, and well worth every effort. My house was inspected and I was told the dirty truth of how hard it is, how expensive it is, how much sacrifice is involved. We had to have the garden fully fenced with 6' fencing and concreted in posts, which were inspected before he came home. Everything was gone over. I was taught to hand strip their coat. Cautioned against bathing them too frequently. Only giving them soft toys when they were supervised for fear of obstructions. The exercise limitations because growth plates don't close for 10-14 months, how injuries in their early months can have far reaching implications. Food recommendations, treat choices, holistic treatments to deal with the inevitable runny stools, everything was gone over. Vaccination schedules for optimum health. My breeder followed Dr Dodd's protocol. The importance of not over-vetting the dog. I spent a lot of time at the breeder's getting to know her and she was available to me day and night for the life of the pups. She sobbed with me when we lost them. Now we're doing it all over again, and I had to search high and low to find my new breeder (different breed), and subject myself to the whole process again.

We never used puppy pads. Breeder told me it was a recipe for confusion. I took the puppies out every 30 minutes, after every nap, after every play session, and after every meal. It didn't take long, but it was arduous. Especially during thunderstorms. I was sure I'd die outside, huddled under an umbrella, by a lightening strike. LOL

The best breeders don't advertise on the internet with deposits expected. They don't need to. My new breeder hasn't bred in 8 years and has a long list, but chooses the homes based on her feeling of the best situation for the pup, if "she clicks" with the family. If a breeder isn't listed in the official breed club website, be wary. If they don't have verifiable proof of health testing of the dam & sire, (verifiable on the CHIC database), be wary. All the breeders I've worked with have kept the pup for 12 to 16 weeks to ensure the puppies have socialization with their siblings and Dam/Sire. This was non-negotiable. For the socialization that is almost impossible for humans to replicate. Bite inhibition, manners, etc., are all taught to them by their mama and siblings.

As a result, my pups came to me very grounded, confident, and almost potty trained. They all cried at night the first few nights, because they missed their families and I sobbed along with them. They slept in my room in exercise pens or crates.

It bothers me that Porter is in another room at night. I get it's a delicate situation with Lumi, but Lydia could sleep in another room and alternate with Ali so the pup bonds to both. The whole hand kibble "your choice", "YES", thingie makes no sense to me. Same for the bell. I trained one of my dogs with the bell. It hung at the door and I rang it before opening the door, then he started ringing it too. No treats needed. In the end it was too much faff so we didn't use the technique again.

We've also adopted from the pound. That came with its own issues. Damaged souls that required far more work, but that were so grateful that the experience was fundamentally different to getting a pure bred puppy.

Lydia is on record as being afraid of dogs (her early videos). She's never wanted a dog, never expressed an interest in them. She was firmly a cat person until the other girls got theirs. (Same for Hermés!) It's concerning that she's suddenly doing this. Isn't it a 12 year commitment? I'm not familiar with their life spans, but they aren't short lived to my knowledge. I really hope she's in it for the long haul. So many people get "influenced" and jump into dog ownership without realizing the ramifications.

I'm trying to be less salty, so I'll end on a positive note. Lydia's last video was a nice change because she didn't eye-duck herself to death throughout, focusing more on adorable Porter. The lisping still grates horribly, but it's undeniable that he is a beautiful boy. I wish him all the best, a healthy life filled with lots of mental stimulation, safe play and a loving family. Please God, don't let that poor baby tumble down the stairs. And Lydia, I know you're reading this, please don't bathe him often or dress him up. Let him be a dog. And seriously, get a health insurance policy for him STAT!!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Sorry this is the vlog where she says she would like a kitchen garden. 🙄 around 9:15. (Can you tell I’m bored lol?!) I still say she likes the lifestyle and looks of a wealthy estate with greenhouse because if it was about the gardening she could have been fine for her first growing year with the truss and maybe one little patch for larger things.
Going to be fun to watch her realize what she’s actually done to herself in terms of bugs and hard smelly work and wayyyy too much vegetables covered in bugs and worms. And the humid and hot greenhouse won’t be so pleasant to sit in for someone like her who complains of anything smelling of soil. I think for gardeners with a real passion, these are not negatives... but for her it will be funny to watch her pretend like this doesn’t bother her. Hates spiders. Hates vegetables. Hates hard work.

And don’t get me started on her greenhouse and kitchen floor that are likely FREE since they’ve been tagged. Why is she putting outdoor pavers in her kitchen? I’m going to need to hear more about this to understand how her kitchen floor isn’t going to end up looking like a driveway and patio.

And you are all so right. Porter’s little world is the kitchen. And he’s just arrived and doesn’t even get to go outside to pee pee. Even his potty is that kitchen. She’s going to do this very very noisy and destructive floor replacement in January, during lockdown and just after getting porter used to that room? This sounds like a horrible idea. She should wait on that kitchen floor until she’s in a different tier and the puppy is settled. Also I know I wouldn’t want to be trapped inside without the ability to really leave my home during what is about to happen with that flooring.

View attachment 388474View attachment 388479
Thats exactly it, she likes the look of it being expensive. She had no interest in garden beds/veg, greenhouses till josie moved and lydia realised she’s got a massive amazing garden and it’s better than hers.... not that’s lydias takes much beating. She has two years to start planning and growing veg but had no interest. The clip in the vlog was a throw away comment never an actually real life dream where after she came back from the cotwolds she started saving and growing veg/flowers. She had no flowers in her old garden, she even had fake grass.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

View attachment 388413

Loving having a look back at old videos. She’s like a totally different person looks wise and seems much less shallow. Interesting that she was buddy buddy with Lily Pebbles in this video but now neither follow each other.

Reactions: 14

View attachment 388413

Also why is she bragging out that view?? It’s a tip.... the bark of some tress is not a view Lydia... and it’s not your woodland. “Bumblebee Walk” will never be a thing neither as the won’t manage to keep the bees alive.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Poor little guy looks so sad. And I’m sorry but why don’t they walk on the private road? I see nothing appealing nor beautiful about walking in a puddly muddy field.... and these outfits and putting this to music just looks depressing. Like a movie montage where someone has died... and when she smirks smugly so proud of her “dog walking look of the day” where the dog isn’t even walking. It’s more about her and playing dress up.

And yes Lydia... we see you are also wearing the mulberry bag.... 🙄

245DAEE6-B55D-4DD8-A668-1E8B122A9717.jpeg
ECFB549D-A26D-45BE-B960-20E015AA4B52.jpeg
B55ED214-DA84-409A-A810-7D32FDDD8B6A.jpeg
E520AECD-F43A-42A8-A03F-8D05BD0B01B4.jpeg
F42FBF95-5A7E-4D43-BED3-3E4278A8D2CC.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
1. We had some nibbles early on to these fleece tunnels from Harrod Horticultural thankfully saved the day.
B4BA2CDF-BE1C-4BF2-A86B-E60837CDF76A.jpeg

Can somebody please, please explain to me what our Lyd’s is trying to say in this caption?
I’ve read it 137 times and it still doesn’t make any sense ... AND I feel like I’ve lost valuable brain cells in the process! 🤯

2. Eager to get some carrots in the ground.
D7C8505F-77B0-49C0-9F9B-E55DB8920672.jpeg

I’m assuming this means she’s going to buy some organic carrots from a Farmer’s Market, dig some holes in one of her raised vege beds, plant the fully grown carrots, and then film herself ‘harvesting’ them during one of her vlogs. 🥕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
1. We had some nibbles early on to these fleece tunnels from Harrod Horticultural thankfully saved the day.
View attachment 388652
Can somebody please, please explain to me what our Lyd’s is trying to say in this caption?
I’ve read it 137 times and it still doesn’t make any sense ... AND I feel like I’ve lost valuable brain cells in the process! 🤯

2. Eager to get some carrots in the ground.
View attachment 388665
I’m assuming this means she’s going to buy some organic carrots from a Farmer’s Market, dig some holes in one of her raised vege beds, plant the fully grown carrots, and then film herself ‘harvesting’ them during one of her vlogs. 🥕
This is 100% why I don’t believe she grew those carrots because she can’t help but brag and would of shown the tops of the carrots in the vegtrug every other day. Lisping about how an amazing she is at growing stuff. Still can’t believe she brags about growing tiny shootings like nobody’s ever grow a vegetable before but love that the tunnels ruin her ascetic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Also why is she bragging out that view?? It’s a tip.... the bark of some tress is not a view Lydia... and it’s not your woodland. “Bumblebee Walk” will never be a thing neither as the won’t manage to keep the bees alive.
I always think their ‘woodland’ looks a mess. As does their wall. They don’t put the work in to maintain what they have.

Reactions: 22
Looks like Porter is dressed in Aldi's old jumper. Don't believe for a minute Lumi will play nice. Lidl thinks they will curl up in the faux gentlemen's club chairs and keep Aldi company in that horrific office.

Reactions: 17
I always think their ‘woodland’ looks a mess. As does their wall. They don’t put the work in to maintain what they have.
because it’s not theirs, I’m not sure if your from the UK but the woodland trust did a series on ITV about wildlife/woods in the UK and apparently woodlands are really hard to maintain. If that woodland was owned by Lydia/Ali it would be a lot of hardwork and they both would be sure to moan about it. Can you imagine them two thinning the trees and clearing the floor of any dead plants. They cant even be bothered to clear the dead plants that are right next to their garden. The also never show themselves going right into the woods either just the beginning around the beehive as once they are past that it will be trespassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.