Lydia Millen #44 Hangers are too good for peasants, gotta fund the wallpaper of pheasants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So long story I won't bore you with, but I'm recovering from an eating disorder at the moment. And I might be projecting, but I see so many signs of its nastiness at work in Lydia.

I see it in that she is always cold, and needs the fire on and sweatshirts even in summer.

I see it in her only eating 1 meal a day.

I see it in her nastiness and snark. I've spent months thinking of nothing but food and it's made me mean, mean and dismissive of everyone else around me. I rewatched the bora bora vlog, and she seems like quite good fun. She has a laugh with Ali at least. Now she takes everything, and herself, so so seriously, and finds no joy in life at all.

I see it in her always talking about how shes a size 4 or 6, and xs, how she needs even these sizes taken in. She has her fake boobs to stop her looking emaciated, but without these she would look extremely unhealthy jn my opinion.

I see it in her bad skin, her sad eyes, her thinning hair.

I even see it in her routines. I've been a notorious late riser, night owl my whole life. Until this gripped me, and I've started waking up at 5am, ravenous. I've always been lazy around the house, but I've become obsessed with cleaning, housework, decorating, anything to take my mind off eating. I see this in her too, with her morning routines and constant distractions (garden, decorating, shopping).

I'm trying to self recover at the moment. Ironically this was brought on by an episode of bingeing / laxative abuse / purging after restricting for weeks and the mad binge monster kicking in. However this time I ended up simultaneously shitting myself and vomiting all over my bathroom, destroying my bath mat, and genuinely thinking I was going to die as I didn't have the energy to cope. Couldn't move to clean it up for half an hour, heart racing, and thinking I'm too old for this tit.

I'm now in the "feeding the extreme hunger" phase which is basically giving in to all the ridiculous fucked up hunger signals you are getting (body after being starved for so long wants more more MORE, I must have eaten around 10,000 calories yesterday and was still hungry). It was lockdown that brought this on so I'm scared the new lockdown is going to send me backwards, but we shall see.

Anyway, back to our favourite bleep. I really do see parallels, and hope she is OK. As much as she is a dick, this disease has no mercy and it would explain a hell of a lot about the complete 180 in her character.

Sending lots of love your way, my cousin had similar and my daughters friend is going through it right now. I think lockdown has heightened and made worse a lot of issues like this. I hope you will be able to seek help and support from your GP and a counsellor. You've been really brave to acknowledge the situation and to talk about it on here, which is a really good step. Thinking of you, you can do it! xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 29
So long story I won't bore you with, but I'm recovering from an eating disorder at the moment. And I might be projecting, but I see so many signs of its nastiness at work in Lydia.

I see it in that she is always cold, and needs the fire on and sweatshirts even in summer.

I see it in her nastiness and snark. I've spent months thinking of nothing but food and it's made me mean, mean and dismissive of everyone else around me. I rewatched the bora bora vlog, and she seems like quite good fun. She has a laugh with Ali at least. Now she takes everything, and herself, so so seriously, and finds no joy in life at all.

I see it in her always talking about how shes a size 4 or 6, and xs, how she needs even these sizes taken in. She has her fake boobs to stop her looking emaciated, but without these she would look extremely unhealthy jn my opinion.

I even see it in her routines. I've been a notorious late riser, night owl my whole life. Until this gripped me, and I've started waking up at 5am, ravenous. I've always been lazy around the house, but I've become obsessed with cleaning, housework, decorating, anything to take my mind off eating. I see this in her too, with her morning routines and constant distractions (garden, decorating, shopping).

I'm trying to self recover at the moment. Ironically this was brought on by an episode of bingeing / laxative abuse / purging after restricting for weeks and the mad binge monster kicking in. However this time I ended up simultaneously shitting myself and vomiting all over my bathroom, destroying my bath mat, and genuinely thinking I was going to die as I didn't have the energy to cope. Couldn't move to clean it up for half an hour, heart racing, and thinking I'm too old for this tit.

I'm now in the "feeding the extreme hunger" phase which is basically giving in to all the ridiculous fucked up hunger signals you are getting (body after being starved for so long wants more more MORE, I must have eaten around 10,000 calories yesterday and was still hungry). It was lockdown that brought this on so I'm scared the new lockdown is going to send me backwards, but we shall see.

Anyway, back to our favourite bleep. I really do see parallels, and hope she is OK. As much as she is a dick, this disease has no mercy and it would explain a hell of a lot about the complete 180 in her character.
I'm sorry you are having to face this and hope you can find your way forwards. We are all here, check-in with us regularly and let us support you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Went to my local garden centre today and they had a whole section of sage ornaments for Lydia! I bet this will be her colour scheme for the tree in the kitchen. 🎄
True! I was wondering... how a tree will fit in there with that big table. Will be here with my 🍿 waiting to see what she’s gonna do about that! She’s not even had that table a year. Bet she uses this as an excuse to get rid of it for some old beat up farm table.

Reactions: 23
I'm laughing at all the people offended that she's a page bender. Have we not gone to far there XD ?

Reactions: 6

I would say all those carb meals she eats are her binges. Most people could eat only one third of what she has carb wise.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm laughing at all the people offended that she's a page bender. Have we not gone to far there XD ?
No, I can’t bare it when people bend pages, ruin the spine of a book and the worst offence is writing in it, with the exception of a textbook. It ruins it for the next reader and intentionally damages the book. In my opinion decreases the life of the book. 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Someone on Tattle Life mentioned that they mistakenly thought Lydia Elise Millen and Emily Canham were mum and daughter ... I watched an Emily Canham vlog this morning ... omg I totally agree !!! Lydia does look like she could be her mum, it's uncanny. Emily's hair is just a bit darker and longer. Lydia's hair is a slightly reddish and light brown. The eyebrows though ... 🤢

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Someone on Tattle Life mentioned that they mistakenly thought Lydia Elise Millen and Emily Canham were mum and daughter ... I watched an Emily Canham vlog this morning ... omg I totally agree !!! Lydia does look like she could be her mum, it's uncanny. Emily's hair is just a bit darker and longer. Lydia's hair is a slightly reddish and light brown. The eyebrows though ... 🤢
Such a proud mum. ♥ (She got Ali's nose)

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Sending you lots of love ... my thoughts are with you during these stressful times xoxoxo ❤ ❤ ❤

No, I can’t bare it when people bend pages, ruin the spine of a book and the worst offence is writing in it, with the exception of a textbook. It ruins it for the next reader and intentionally damages the book. In my opinion decreases the life of the book. 😂😂
Exactly. It's really disrespectful. My favourite books - which I don't pass on to the next person and I read over and over - I don't even fold the pages on these books. I remember the pages I stop reading at even if I'm 'consuming' (major lol 🤭 ) multiple books simultaneously.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Exactly. It's really disrespectful. My favourite books - which I don't pass on to the next person and I read over and over - I don't even fold the pages on these books. I remember the pages I stop reading at even if I'm 'consuming' (major lol 🤭 ) multiple books simultaneously.
Finally someone who thinks the same way as me 😂 people think I’m crazy but I won’t share books 🙈 if it’s a book I’ve really enjoyed I’ll read it again and again and it will be in immaculate condition and I won’t let anyone else read it. If I give someone an old book of mine to read, I tell them to pass it on to someone else as I don’t want it back. Where as my mum will buy an old, beaten up book in the train station for 20p and not be bothered that the front cover is hanging off 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It would explain the attitude on that girl if Lydia was her Mum 😂
I can't imagine Lydia being the mum of a younger girl but a teenager. And then she will be constantly sarcastic towards the girl, and kill every little bit of self-worth the girl had.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
So I’m confused. In Ali story he said IF we go into lockdown. And then proceeds to say they are going Christmas shopping. Maybe I misread the article on CNN. Tattlers nearby can you let us know boots on the ground? And from across the pond this seems really insensitive to not say anything about those suffering, losing businesses, lives. All they think about is drinking indoors with friends and Xmas shopping for themselves.

8DACA965-73B3-4285-9C80-C33A17EB9271.png

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
So I’m confused. In Ali story he said IF we go into lockdown. And then proceeds to say they are going Christmas shopping. Maybe I misread the article on CNN. Tattlers nearby can you let us know boots on the ground? And from across the pond this seems really insensitive to not say anything about those suffering, losing businesses, lives. All they think about is drinking indoors with friends and Xmas shopping for themselves.

View attachment 296030
I took on a second job helping my friend in her shop a couple of days a week to help her through the pandemic and I’m at work now and so many people are out trying to buy decorations, presents and gift wrap etc so they are 2 of many people out with the same idea. However they should post something even if it’s about supporting local stores today like how Josie did.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

View attachment 296030
Just look at that face! Her nonroyal smegness!!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Book Consumption

When I consume a book I think
That standing upright at the sink
Is beneficial to digestion
Leather spine? Now there’s a question
I find that leather spines are tough
Though I digest them well enough
When car-lease docs are there for pudding
Or when the terrace walls are flooding
Yes - books are such a good distraction
Though indigestion can cause traction
When appetite comes to a halt
I simply add a pinch of salt
I love a good bucolic tome
I chew and chew - then groan and groan
And wait for all good words to pass
With flatulence and fragrant gas
Dostoyevsky, Cartland, Lee
All taste the same to little me
I like a book that’s foxed with age
That feeds me with a good beige page
The horror beds are all installed
The trolls are told they’re all stonewalled
So I retire to my sofa
And order books brought by a gopher
There by the fireside I consume
Another thick, unread vol-ume
My best life’s here - I feel replete
Beneath my Lois Vuitton sheet...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.