Lydia Millen #41 Beauty expert extrordinaire, is the cost of followers too much to bear?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way she says 'liTTle' really gets to me :mad:
boTTle, FLOWaas and now MOLEY MOLE! LOL

And don't get me started on the WARM Sav Blanc - o_O Woman has a wine fridge and this was free wine chucked in an unused room. LAZY

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Does she even own a book??!!
OMG that's RIGHT! She's putting in built in bookshelves AFTER having put in all that moulding. COME ON... if you want to let ALI have an actual office that's not up in a closet... let him have it as he actually works on a big screen computer and desk. He can paint it NOT GREEN and put his desk in there and make it his own. You woman don't need another office when all you do is sit on a chair or sofa HUNCHED over your phone. end rant, for now lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Josie really is the last person who should be giving out any kind of advice where dogs are concerned. She really has no clue how to look after hers, whenever I watch a video from her I just have to remind myself that least the dogs are loved.
Firstly she knowingly purchased a DOUBLE DAPPLE and bangs on about how special of a dog Dickens is. That Josie is because double dapple are born with genetic defects, most are born blind and deaf. No reputable breeder would ever allow two dapples to have a litter together. I fear Dickens is a product of some kind of puppy mill. She doesn't even look after their coats correctly and shaves them every summer. Even the dumbest of pet owners know that you do not shave a long haired breed dog unless absolutely necessary. She encourages Dexters aggressive behaviour and pays zero attention to her dogs backs by allowing them to jump up and down and use the stairs constantly.
I hope Victoria actually listens to advice from her breeder (if she uses a reputable one). I doubt Victoria has used a reputable breeder as most have very long waiting lists and there is know way she has managed to get a pup that quick unless it isn't KC registered or Pra clear. Probably from a breeder on pets 4 homes. :cry:
Dachshunds are lovely dogs but boy are they needy ! It will be interesting to see how Vic gets on with one ! Having two in a way probably makes it easier so that they can entertain each other. Probably not the best pic for a first dog.

Reactions: 12
Dachshunds are lovely dogs but boy are they needy ! It will be interesting to see how Vic gets on with one ! Having two in a way probably makes it easier so that they can entertain each other. Probably not the best pic for a first dog.
Tbf, she has experience with needy individuals.. Alex ("husband") and Lydia :ROFLMAO:.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t mind a dachshund being someone’s first dog if they realise the full on responsibility and attention they require. It just frustrates me because a few weeks ago she said her and Alex would love a golden retriever then a couple of weeks later she is posting how she wants a dachshund because she has started to follow a cute account on Instagram. She said she realises the huge responsibility of a large dog so she would much prefer a small dog like a dachshund that she can bring around London and to her meetings etc. Which proves to me she hasn’t researched the breed at all. They are not lap dogs nor handbag dogs. I am also very interested to know how she found her breeder and how she has managed to get one so quickly when the majority of breeders for this particular breed have waiting lists.

I have this awful feeling that Lydia is going to get one now too if Frow does.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
A Winkelspinne is a house spider I think. I always say they are wearing boots which is the same as you can hear it before you see it 😂 They have huntsman spiders in Australia, based on my reaction to the huge house spiders i've experienced, I genuinely think I would die if I came across one of those in my house :cry:
I have had many on the outside of my car and once, I had one run across my windscreen (on the inside of the car). I stopped the car and jumped out and was very tempted to set it on fire.

There is going to be a lot more than spiders in her greenhouse and garden beds. Snails, slugs, beetles, millipedes, W*rms (I have an irrational fear and cannot say or type the word). :D.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The problem with injectables, and I say this from experience, is once you fix one problem area another one is more prominent. So you move on an fix that one and before you know it, you’ve done too much. Filler doesn’t stretch the skin, so after it’s dissipated or been dissolved your face returns to as it was before, although it’s suggested that HA can stimulate collagen production in the area and provide a lasting effect. It can also take a while for filler to settle and swelling to go down so you really need to wait about 2 months for the final result to be visible.

I think she’s had tear trough and cheeks done, with a light dusting of Botox.
Yeah, she's also had filler in her nose a few times as a non-surgical nose job. There's before and after photos from her Drs IG somewhere on tattle.

Thanks for sharing your experience too!

This Australian Dr has done lots of interesting videos on fillers, I found out about him from Tattle in fact!

I think there is some evidence of skin stretching I'm afraid, especially from repeated filler use in the same location : https://www.harpersbazaar.com.au/beauty/fillers-side-effects-18349 It's the same concept as when we age and lose fat in our faces and our skin sags/jowls form. Skin doesn't 'snap back', especially as we age.

All that said! I don't begrudge anyone who gets things done, I have certainly considered it and spend a far bit on non-invasive treatments :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
🎉 Congratulations @Elle Belle 🥂

So many great things happening for you both. Much deserved I’m sure! Wishing you both all the happiness in the world! 🤗 💓

In terms of wedding planning and new house ideas, please look to Lydia for everything NOT to do. Of course if stuffed animal decor at your wedding is your thing..... each to their own 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’m long time lurker since 2018. I have one thing that has been bothering me so much about her. She’s a “fashion” blogger but her outfits are so awful? If I had her money I can definitely make better outfits. Like when she wore that white shirt flown dress with those knee high black boots then paired it with a black belt to “cinch” the waist?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
So a British beauty journalist Sali Hughes has done a radio interview about trolling and tattle.
I will never understand why these women who claim to be professional strong business women sit scrolling through a thread where the comments aren’t always going to be positive!
Both Frow and Lydia have said they have sat down to listen to Sali’s interview.
If Sali is being stalked and/or harassed by somebody shouldn’t she just call the police and report it? What has that got to do with his forum? I thought these women were meant to be intellectuals? Yet they can’t decipher the difference between someone breaking the law to intentionally harm them and them willingly going onto a website to read comments about themselves that they find upsetting! Tattle isn’t illegal, they just dislike it so they want it taken down. I dislike their social media and YouTube platforms, you don’t see me starting a campaign to get their websites and blogs taken down.

I really hate it when people say they only criticise what they hate about themselves 🙄🙄🙄 what bullshit. It’s as if you aren’t allowed to voice your opinion anymore without being labelled a self hating troll.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
I’m long time lurker since 2018. I have one thing that has been bothering me so much about her. She’s a “fashion” blogger but her outfits are so awful? If I had her money I can definitely make better outfits. Like when she wore that white shirt flown dress with those knee high black boots then paired it with a black belt to “cinch” the waist?
Welcome to tattle!

I agree with you, some one else (sorry can't remember who😔) also stated her obsessive waist cinching. Sometimes it really does seem like she wants to look like a villain (maybe because she is😬).

I have a waist myself, I totally get that she would like to define it, but Lidl is so tiny that she can explore, and pull off, other types of outfits aswell. Alas that would require c r e a t i v i t y, a word so feared in the Bungalow that even the spiders hides in fright.

That pasta plate she showed on instastories was probably Ali's, she most certainly had her all time favourite, parmesan with a sprinkle of pasta.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
So a British beauty journalist Sali Hughes has done a radio interview about trolling and tattle.
I will never understand why these women who claim to be professional strong business women sit scrolling through a thread where the comments aren’t always going to be positive!
If Sali is being stalked and/or harassed by somebody shouldn’t she just call the police and report it? What has that got to do with his forum? I thought these women were meant to be intellectuals? Yet they can’t decipher the difference between someone breaking the law to intentionally harm them and them willingly going onto a website to read comments about themselves that they find upsetting! Tattle isn’t illegal, they just dislike it so they want it taken down. I dislike their social media and YouTube platforms, you don’t see me starting a campaign to get their websites and blogs taken down.

I really hate it when people say they only criticise what they hate about themselves 🙄🙄🙄 what bullshit. It’s as if you aren’t allowed to voice your opinion anymore without being labelled a self hating troll.
Hmmmm.....yes. I left a rather long comment on her instagram post. Personally I thought the 'programme' was okay, however I think there's a lot of issues in the 'influencer' community which need addressing (the lack of ability to distinguish between comments which are contrary to the creators, criticism and trolling, the lack of regulation, the buying of followers (which must be fraud surely??), the dishonest practise of filters on both YouTube and Instagram (I feel passionately that there should be no place for this within beauty advertising, although we have become used to everything being photoshopped over the years, so I suppose there's not much hope of that changing). Sorry. Rambling.

I had my doubts about whether they are calling out Tattle or not - she mentions Imran Ahmed who is part of the 'Don't Feed the Trolls' campaign, and he seems to mention Reddit and other platforms. To me there aren't many (if any) 'trolls' on here, per se. (I always thought that a troll was someone who actively sought to rattle/upset someone - and yes, sometimes you see people like that on the comment section of YouTube videos, but I haven't seen anything like that on here). It's interesting, because people like Lydia (and Josie) tell her subscribers that if they don't like the content, or if what they do/see/buy winds us up, to please unsubscribe. I would have thought that the same rationale would apply to 'influencers' who feature on here - if you're not thick skinned and don't want to read honest feedback about your content, then don't read here. There are precedents for individuals winning cases relating to defamation and social media (Chris Cairn's cricketer is the main one that I know of - around some tweets), so my question to her is this - if there is a criminal violation, then deal with it via the police, and if there is a violation in tort, then take a civil claim.

Just my rambly thoughts. Apologies if I'm off base.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

It's always the biggest beggars and whiners calling for the end of Tattle Life.

Lydia Elise Millen being the Empress of All Beggars, Victoria ITF, Josie Fashion Bumblr, Em Sheldon, Zanna VD, Salty Hughes (the bore who actually introduced me to Tattle Life via Victoria ITF 'Thanks Sali🌹I did not know who she was, and when I checked out her IG page ...Meh, she's kinda boring and too homely for me).
I don't hate these women at all. I just don't like their lying, unethical, immoral behaviour of extorting goods & services from multiple businesses time and time again. And doing non stop ADs, loving EVERY product, basically lying to their subscribers and to the brands they supposedly represent.

And because we call out their disgusting behaviour we are the trolls and bullies.

I don't see the likes of Tamara, Chiara, Leonie, Bryanboy, Xenia, Caro, Aimee harping on and on and on about trolling. Why not ? They are doing the work their subscribers expect and love from them. If we criticise them, they just carry on. They do not dictate whether or not we, their subscribers, are allowed an opinion. They do not beg for stuff from businesses. For their homes. For their pets. For cars. For free food. Come on !!!

Brands send the A list influencers PR / goods because they want to and not because they were tagged over and over from 2nd rate influencers (yes, you Lydia and Josie).

So keep on calling us stalkers and trolls and we will continue to call you girl boss babes out on YOUR unethical, lying, unprofessional behaviour.

To all the girl boss babes mentioned above, it's time to look in the mirror and assess YOUR role.

Someone's been out shopping early this morning...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Hmmmm.....yes. I left a rather long comment on her instagram post. Personally I thought the 'programme' was okay, however I think there's a lot of issues in the 'influencer' community which need addressing (the lack of ability to distinguish between comments which are contrary to the creators, criticism and trolling, the lack of regulation, the buying of followers (which must be fraud surely??), the dishonest practise of filters on both YouTube and Instagram (I feel passionately that there should be no place for this within beauty advertising, although we have become used to everything being photoshopped over the years, so I suppose there's not much hope of that changing). Sorry. Rambling.

I had my doubts about whether they are calling out Tattle or not - she mentions Imran Ahmed who is part of the 'Don't Feed the Trolls' campaign, and he seems to mention Reddit and other platforms. To me there aren't many (if any) 'trolls' on here, per se. (I always thought that a troll was someone who actively sought to rattle/upset someone - and yes, sometimes you see people like that on the comment section of YouTube videos, but I haven't seen anything like that on here). It's interesting, because people like Lydia (and Josie) tell her subscribers that if they don't like the content, or if what they do/see/buy winds us up, to please unsubscribe. I would have thought that the same rationale would apply to 'influencers' who feature on here - if you're not thick skinned and don't want to read honest feedback about your content, then don't read here. There are precedents for individuals winning cases relating to defamation and social media (Chris Cairn's cricketer is the main one that I know of - around some tweets), so my question to her is this - if there is a criminal violation, then deal with it via the police, and if there is a violation in tort, then take a civil claim.

Just my rambly thoughts. Apologies if I'm off base.
Not off base...
There seems to be to widespread confusion between sites like Tattle, follower comments posted directly on influencer accounts and random hate comments
and until that is cleared up nothing can be addressed.
(I'm not stupid...i know some of us Tattlers comment directly and some have been blocked but we are not threatening to kill..... generally our outlet is here).
Most retailers now allow or encourage feedback comments on items you have bought/returned, either directly or via a third party. You might have to be a 'verified purchase' but all comments, good or bad, are left up. We also have comments/ star ratings on Amazon, ebay, Tripadviser, check -a- trade, just off the top of my head.
Yet for some reason, influencers are able to delete anything negative or even constructive comments they don't like, and it's ok. And they can block people. Let's face it, most of them are trying to sell us something, even If it is wrapped up in their lifestyles of beige food and hikes to the pub.
The problem is that they need subs (so desperate they buy them) and they need engagement, so they can't turn off comments. This makes them angry.
What happens to people like us when we can't get heard or are blocked on influencer sites is we come here to vent. And it's their fault!
The reason influencers hate social commentary sites is that they can't control the narrative. They think we hide behind anonymity and spread hate. They know that they don't have to read here but they worry that if other people read here they will be found out for what they really are. They are confused about why we discuss them when we dislike them.
They should ask why they are in this situation, why they have a thread here...
Is it because of their shady business dealings, their thirst for money, the constant swapping of 'favourite' products. Is it because they have changed?
WE should be petitioning for regulations on influencers, not the other way round.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Welcome to tattle!

I agree with you, some one else (sorry can't remember who😔) also stated her obsessive waist cinching. Sometimes it really does seem like she wants to look like a villain (maybe because she is😬).

I have a waist myself, I totally get that she would like to define it, but Lidl is so tiny that she can explore, and pull off, other types of outfits aswell. Alas that would require c r e a t i v i t y, a word so feared in the Bungalow that even the spiders hides in fright.

That pasta plate she showed on instastories was probably Ali's, she most certainly had her all time favourite, parmesan with a sprinkle of pasta.
That was me but I’m certainly not alone with the waist cinching. She styles pretty well and at least uses a great belt to do the cinching but overall, it’s tired and lazy. She needs to look to the Olsen twins and Hailey Baldwin to switch it up a bit. My nan had a more interesting wardrobe. Other youtubers do one dress seven different ways or styling a trench or the boots to buy for autumn. I love all that stuff. Having insulted all the gardeners, she better come up with something or maybe her buying all the new subbys will be enough and Globy will be a mere blip. Another reason, we NEED to keep Globy in the thread title, even if it starts with RIP Globy so it doesn’t have a long word count, just to piss her off. I know opinions differ on this forum, but I still believe Globy gave her a gut punch.

She got a comment from a gardening fan who says they would have treasured receiving advice that would have saved them so much time and money and that she doesn’t have to receive it as criticism and Lydia shows her fangs responding she doesn’t need “unsolicited opinions on what gardening should be. xx” Why would you say that? You would show your disdain for the subbies you have only if you were sure it wouldn’t effect your numbers. 900k here we come. What a hollow victory.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.