Lydia Millen #41 Beauty expert extrordinaire, is the cost of followers too much to bear?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
45424988-C383-43D6-A798-794C6A1F10A5.png
OH MY BLOODY GOD WOMAN, give your hair a break!! She needs to seriously leave it alone for a while or she will have none left 😬

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
View attachment 268405OH MY BLOODY GOD WOMAN, give your hair a break!! She needs to seriously leave it alone for a while or she will have none left 😬
Part of me hopes it starts falling out in chunks and breaks. Not sure why any respectable hairdresser would carry on dying it when it’s already broken and clearly needs a break?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Watching Ali's vlog and he said Lumi was fine but then she was allowed out into the garden and then she was sick the next day, I can only assume that there must be something in the garden making her ill then!

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
I can’t imagine any powerful women wanting to wear a perfume called Good Girl...how condescending 😡

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I can’t imagine any powerful women wanting to wear a perfume called Good Girl...how condescending 😡
It smells horrendous and the bottle is a pain in the arse so that alone is a reason to avoid it. The male version is called bad boy which is even worse 😭
I don’t know why they wasted the money filming that advert with Lydia as it looks like something Ali could have filmed for her. It also highlights how horrendous her hair is, not a single bit of shine and the highlights make the hair look stringy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m not really sure what the answer is in regards to controlling online trolling. I see both sides of the argument. I do think sites like this should moderate more heavily what is posted as some comments I’ve seen are not acceptable (IMO) and go beyond harmless gossiping, and I don’t condone some of the actions taken by users. That said, this is a gossip site and gossip will happen if you are in the public eye, if not here then somewhere else.

It can’t be easy having every single part of you picked apart, mocked and questioned and saying turn the other cheek or if it’s not true then why are you so upset is easier said than done. But that is why life in the public eye is not for everyone or has an expiry date. Very few of these influencers appear to have an exit strategy. I would suggest that 99% have no strategy at all, even for next month.

Boho Beautiful just announced their pregnancy at 25 weeks. They went on to say how they filmed over 50 videos in the first 3 months so they could release 1 per week well into 2021, giving them time to themselves during the pregnancy and after the baby arrives without interruption to content provision. Now that is smart business planning. Lydia took an unscheduled week off and content stopped.

She is the architect of her own destruction and as long as she has the entitled attitude and victim mentality, she will continue to be the subject of the gossip forums.

Reactions: 34
Very few of these influencers appear to have an exit strategy. I would suggest that 99% have no strategy at all, even for next month.
Back in the day, during her 2nd revamp of the Bungalow she said that she likes interior design, and I idiot really thought this could be a business for her, and she would educate herself in that field, so she has something she is passionate about and can earn money after YT. Boy was I naive.
She has an eye for interior but that alone isn't enough you need educated and visit courses, read books or even go back to Uni. But she is only sitting on her arse and commanding people around. "Carrie, there is a spidey, Ali bring me my package, Ken paint the kitchen isle the third time, Dee clear out my bed pan..."

• Haha
  • Heart
There are trolls and then there are influencers who actively search out gossip sites and any indirect opinions about themselves. I would feel differently if we were commenting, messaging or posting directly to Lydiot/creators on their platforms. That is completely different.

People are going to have opinions and it is these creators trying to control the narrative. Yet they beg and ask for people to comment, subscribe, thumbs up etc. all the bloody time gaining monetarily from it, profiting from the very comments they want to shut down. They are fine with the positive comments but take issue with the negative opinions. Sorry, can't bleeping pick and choose. Can't have it both ways.

And yes, if one can't handle constructive criticism and negative comments by strangers on a separate gossip site then get off social media altogether and don't put yourself out there as a personality. Again, I take issue when they want to categorize sites like Tattle to people that actually are on these influencers' platforms directly messaging, trolling, commenting etc.

"Influencers" want others to be accountable but not themselves when they are constantly lying, committing fraud, taking advantage of their audience, being rude to others and putting out content that is constantly they themselves commenting on products, people, places, social issues etc.

It's laughable that they also try and compare kids being victimized and bullied online to themselves- grown ass adult social media whores -in hopes of shutting people down that comment indirectly on their fried hair, matronly clothes they wear, smug attitudes or blatant stupidity they post on the internet for all the world to see. People that have never said anything to them directly, reached out to them directly.

That's them twisting the narrative and taking advantage of true victims of bullying and trolling so they can categorize themselves also as victims with the end result of having more attention thus more fame and profit in their pockets.

People like Lydiot can try and twist the reality to their own advantage and profit but nope, not going to work. She's bleeping deplorable.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Did anyone cringe at the CH ad and she’s dragging her fingers along the railings? COVID has got me wincing when I see people unnecessarily touch things :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Oh no😔, I'm sorry that I didn't add GLOBY to my suggestion, is it too late to change it?😔
Your title is great ❤! It had the most votes and that's what counts 😁. Please don't be sorry! ❤
The way we rattle through threads there will be plenty of Globy opportunities! We might even hear Lidl mention it 🤣🤣🤣!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Do you remember the title of the video?
It was on Sali's IG stories. This is how I first found tattle. I always liked Sali's guardian column and beauty advice but looking at tattle I found out Sali actually bullied Dawn O'Porter and Esther Coren very publicly on twitter and was involved in some questionable business as an owner of online magazine The Pool. The threads here on Sali are very measured.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Did anyone cringe at the CH ad and she’s dragging her fingers along the railings? COVID has got me wincing when I see people unnecessarily touch things :ROFLMAO:

The ad is awful, she looks like a man in drag, she's wearing a black dress which detracts from the black perfume bottle which you can hardly see, and her hair looks really red! The idea of the ad just seems really dated and not fresh at all, it looks like something made twenty years ago.

I've been looking at other influencers instagram followings recently and no one seems to be having the 'organic' 'growth spurt' Lydia is having. Now isn't that strange?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
M
The ad is awful, she looks like a man in drag, she's wearing a black dress which detracts from the black perfume bottle which you can hardly see, and her hair looks really red! The idea of the ad just seems really dated and not fresh at all, it looks like something made twenty years ago.

I've been looking at other influencers instagram followings recently and no one seems to be having the 'organic' 'growth spurt' Lydia is having. Now isn't that strange?
how do we report the bots? She cannot cheat her way to 900k

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.