Lydia Millen #30 Greenhouse tightwad, Ali's lil' tripod and the comment assassin squad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched Ali’s vlog... sump pump, sump pump, sump pump, and snooze. They are still having problems with the drain in the fire escape flooding but dear God it’s too boring and inane to vlog this surely?
Lidl said they were having loads of veggies with their burgers-cut to the dinner table with burgers, undercooked roast potatoes and a teeny dish of carrots. Where were the rest of the veg then Lidl?

And more copying of Josie with the evening walks in the countryside

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think another key thing is that Lydia may want the -lady who lunches with the country home, grounds, greenhouse, and posh cars- housewife life, but she can’t have it because she’s the primary breadwinner. Her ideal lifestyle requires her husband to be making significantly more money than Ali currently does so she doesn’t need to do any work at all.

They can’t actually afford their lifestyle with what they earn now, and for her to live in the same level of comfort (without her income and without influencer freebies sponsorships) Ali would need to be in a very different tax bracket.

Reactions: 31
Just watched Ali’s vlog... sump pump, sump pump, sump pump, and snooze. They are still having problems with the drain in the fire escape flooding but dear God it’s too boring and inane to vlog this surely?
Lidl said they were having loads of veggies with their burgers-cut to the dinner table with burgers, undercooked roast potatoes and a teeny dish of carrots. Where were the rest of the veg then Lidl?

And more copying of Josie with the evening walks in the countryside
Shouldn't they have fixed the sump pump and the non working bathroom before they put the lipstick on the pig? And why does Ali have a winter coat on??? If it is that cold now during summer how do they expect the orange trees to live???? I didn't quite under stand Ali's reason for wearing a ball cap. He said he just got back from the barber... so why wear a hat? These two spin so many tales it is hard to keep everything straight.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It's sooo much better with the sound (still on her IG stories at the end of the tutorial bs with her blowup volleyball tits) but the smug-itude in this is off the charts!!

She thinks she's so damn cute 😂 😂 😂

View attachment 182551
She looks absolutely awful. Is it just those giant eyebrows making he look so bad? I know Insta Stories post ‘back to front’ as well, so that will make her look a bit different but those brows make her whole face look baaaaadddddd. With the filler and some of the poses she does, she’s so obviously trying to emulate Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley. How sad. Calls us jealous so often but she’s clearly jealous and trying to look like someone else herself! 🙊

p.s. Always grateful to those who post snippets from her Insta for we who are blocked and/or don’t want to follow her because of her stinky attitude! 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 17
As I don't follow any of the other Insta/YT wannabees you talk about, are there any that are actually worth following/watching?

TIA :)

Reactions: 4
I still can’t get past the fact that it’s 20 days since Globy launched and they still don’t have product shots on their Instagram, their is no context that would lead a newbie to understand what they are selling, they didn’t even add an IGTV showing the products or how to use them. This is such a hatchet job, I’ve never seen a bigger failure of a launch, and Jaclyn Hill sold hairy lipsticks 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Shouldn't they have fixed the sump pump and the non working bathroom before they put the lipstick on the pig? And why does Ali have a winter coat on??? If it is that cold now during summer how do they expect the orange trees to live???? I didn't quite under stand Ali's reason for wearing a ball cap. He said he just got back from the barber... so why wear a hat? These two spin so many tales it is hard to keep everything straight.
Exactly, but fixing stuff like that costs them money and are things they can't beg for. They'd rather have something look right for the 'gram than put their hands in their pockets and make proper house repairs. Another reason why Lydia really shouldn't buy a really old property. It is a continuous list of jobs and repairs. The thousands I have forked out in boiler issues, damp issues, roof, leaks, stonework repairs etc etc and have nothing to 'show' for it. Lydia would end up sitting in a crumbled down wreck but as long as her shelves were styled up, her LV trunk was placed correctly and her urns were still in place, she wouldn't care!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The Argos Beckhams still havn't twigged. that the world has changed outside of, Millen Mansions. Still trying to justify the Farm Shop hamper. They get a spike in sales by gifting an influencer. So does that mean you have to scoff it all, and gift the flowers to someone else. Could have donated it to charity yourself Lidl. The Farm Shop would get a bigger spike in sales if they 'only' gifted to charity.
You have never lived through recession Lids, and this is going to be a big one. Days of freebies, begging, and doing feck all are over.
Ali is so dull. The orange trees will die in that drainage, light well, den. Keep flashing the cash, at least the workmen are getting something out of these two numpties. But you have to distract yourself by doing tit, when your marriage has about enough sexual chemistry as a roller blind.

• Haha
I think another key thing is that Lydia may want the -lady who lunches with the country home, grounds, greenhouse, and posh cars- housewife life, but she can’t have it because she’s the primary breadwinner. Her ideal lifestyle requires her husband to be making significantly more money than Ali currently does so she doesn’t need to do any work at all.

They can’t actually afford their lifestyle with what they earn now, and for her to live in the same level of comfort (without her income and without influencer freebies sponsorships) Ali would need to be in a very different tax bracket.
This is a really good point. She'd have to enjoy the girl boss lifestyle but in reality does not. I just love this definition:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ali does a lot in the garden for a household that has a Gardner...

Could he be the one Lids has been referring to all this time.
She can barely talk properly in his vlog, comes across like a child.
Maybe he is because I just watched his video today and while he does have annoying Lydiot traits he did work well and hard around the yard and he looked comfortable doing it, like he is used to doing it. Water gurgling around the drain from a dodgy sump pump would have scared the beejezez out of me, at the time I wondered what Lydiot was doing while this drama was happening. Probably up stairs putting another 10 layers of pig fat on her face and pouting in the mirror.

Yes I was wondering if his barber had done a dodgy job or is it cold with his head shaved. That sump pump would have scared me especially as they have just had that whole area beautified. Fix the pump first.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Lidl has absolutely nothing to offer me...
I've had a career in communications, a second career in horticulture and my own garden design business, I've had staff, I've travelled the world, I've had cats, I can cook and feed myself, I'm well read,I know my body and can dress myself with reasonable style, I have long hair that I know how to manage, I've decorated my house myself, I can sew, make curtains and masks......
I'm sure I'm not alone....this thread is full of intelligent, articulate and funny people, successful career women, mothers, people far more qualified to have a vlog.
What exactly is she offering? She can't do anything, knows nothing, has been nowhere. She doesn't know about fashion, fabrics, body shapes, style. She can't cook, hasn't tried basic foods, has no manners. She puts foundation up on with fingers, uses the same brush for all eye colours, is unable to give independent advice because she's paid. Most places she's travelled to have been freebies and she shows no interest in learning about the places or their history and culture. She doesn't read and I've never seen her pick up a newspaper or reference the news. With interior decorating it's like giving her a dolls house to play with...and don't get me started on gardening.
Yet she's earning enough to employ two people (2 x 35k?) and has 800k followers hanging on her every lisp.
The only thing that keeps me coming back is this site and the humour and insight! Sorry to vent but it's been building up!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 80
“I’d like to know more”

*proceeds to copy and paste exact crappy description from website*
I am not an idiot and I know how to read. If I asked that question and received that answer, I would sincerely think that this kit came with lotion, body oil and a self-tanning lotion. Can she try just a little harder to be absolutely atrocious at communicating/marketing to her potential customers?

For someone who clearly hates giving tutorials of any kind, she sure did duck herself by choosing this "kit" of products. It requires a LOT of explanation on what exactly is or is not included and how to use which item and when.

You know what is glaringly obvious about this launch flop? It's very obvious that all of her fashion/beauty brand partnerships have been made up of her 100% riding on the backs of the actual sales or marketing people who work at those companies and do all the actual heavy lifting of creating target markets and global brand campaigns. She is about as successful as a really well fed barnacle on the back of a huge whale.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
And another thing....I'm on a roll here....
In the business section of a Saturday broadsheet there was a very interesting article about the retail sector.
"The UK has been too reliant on retailing. Why? Because it mostly creates lots of low-paid, low productivity jobs; because there is hardly any technology or innovation, and because it relies on vast quantities of debt. If the UK emerges from this crisis with a slightly smaller retail industry that is no bad thing; it might be an improvement."
I think the writing is on the wall so instead of recruiting and buying Lidl might need to look for a real job in technology!

Lidl has absolutely nothing to offer me...
I've had a career in communications, a second career in horticulture and my own garden design business, I've had staff, I've travelled the world, I've had cats, I can cook and feed myself, I'm well read,I know my body and can dress myself with reasonable style, I have long hair that I know how to manage, I've decorated my house myself, I can sew, make curtains and masks......
I'm sure I'm not alone....this thread is full of intelligent, articulate and funny people, successful career women, mothers, people far more qualified to have a vlog.
What exactly is she offering? She can't do anything, knows nothing, has been nowhere. She doesn't know about fashion, fabrics, body shapes, style. She can't cook, hasn't tried basic foods, has no manners. She puts foundation up on with fingers, uses the same brush for all eye colours, is unable to give independent advice because she's paid. Most places she's travelled to have been freebies and she shows no interest in learning about the places or their history and culture. She doesn't read and I've never seen her pick up a newspaper or reference the news. With interior decorating it's like giving her a dolls house to play with...and don't get me started on gardening.
Yet she's earning enough to employ two people (2 x 35k?) and has 800k followers hanging on her every lisp.
The only thing that keeps me coming back is this site and the humour and insight! Sorry to vent but it's been building up!!!
Yes, this is my problem as well. She has endless resources thanks to her viewers and could educate herself, for example train as a real makeup artist or study gardening, or even get someone local to teach her and actually do most of the heavy lifting herself, year round. This would most likely generate great content and she'd get so much more respect. The same goes for the rest of these influencers. Amelia could move to France for a while and learn French and maybe cooking. Victoria could try to get an internship at a fashion house and also learn French and expand her views a little, or do it in London if she cannot move, just one year of her life would make a huge difference. These are actual things that normal people do and these influencers have all the financial resources they could possibly need to widen their horizons, which is often not the case for most of us. And we still find a way!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The Argos Beckhams still havn't twigged. that the world has changed outside of, Millen Mansions. Still trying to justify the Farm Shop hamper. They get a spike in sales by gifting an influencer. So does that mean you have to scoff it all, and gift the flowers to someone else. Could have donated it to charity yourself Lidl. The Farm Shop would get a bigger spike in sales if they 'only' gifted to charity.
You have never lived through recession Lids, and this is going to be a big one. Days of freebies, begging, and doing feck all are over.
Ali is so dull. The orange trees will die in that drainage, light well, den. Keep flashing the cash, at least the workmen are getting something out of these two numpties. But you have to distract yourself by doing tit, when your marriage has about enough sexual chemistry as a roller blind.
I was actually just talking to someone today about this pair and a recession. We decided that they would not have been vlogging and earning money vlogging when the last GFC hit (10 years ago) we could be wrong though. Already I wonder how they are making the money to pay the mortgage, freebies around the house won't pay the mortgage, so If/when we have a recession and everyone has to tighten their belts what will this pair be able to promote. Maybe she is moving away from the more expensive handbags clothing etc and moving toward things that people will spend money on in a recession. I certainly hope for their sakes that they have been stashing some money away. I have come to the conclusion now after watching Ali that he possibly isn't a fully qualified electrician or he has let his license lapse and this is why he has to pay someone to do the electrical work.

Reactions: 20
I am not an idiot and I know how to read. If I asked that question and received that answer, I would sincerely think that this kit came with lotion, body oil and a self-tanning lotion. Can she try just a little harder to be absolutely atrocious at communicating/marketing to her potential customers?

For someone who clearly hates giving tutorials of any kind, she sure did duck herself by choosing this "kit" of products. It requires a LOT of explanation on what exactly is or is not included and how to use which item and when.

You know what is glaringly obvious about this launch flop? It's very obvious that all of her fashion/beauty brand partnerships have been made up of her 100% riding on the backs of the actual sales or marketing people who work at those companies and do all the actual heavy lifting of creating target markets and global brand campaigns. She is about as successful as a really well fed barnacle on the back of a huge whale.
Brilliant analogy

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.