Lydia Millen #28 My Globy sales & ethics are low, if you dont like just unfollow!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how much capital Lydia has invested in her 'Kit'? And what exactly went down with Elementary Brands? I think it was apparent just by looking at their Instagram page that they were shady. Was she soooooo blinded by having her own brand that she believed what they said? Finally, how is it that everyone and their brother knows about Alibaba but her? Not looking very boss lady like if she missed all those signs.
Knowing how tight she is with her own money, I would say no more than £70-£80k. She did do the custom zipper pulls and all the custom labels which is where most of the expense probably happened. Then £10k at most for that laughable "branding" company who she is no doubt demanding a complete refund from as we type (and/or threatening a lawsuit).

But the total investment for 2300-ish units at £25 each (which is HIGH. I doubt she spent this much on each) is £57,500-ish just for inventory alone. Then tack on another £15k-£20k on for overhead expenses (like the circus clowns called Elementary Brands, warehouse usage, logistics etc) and that's about £70-£80k. She has probably had sales come in at about £30-40k (at best) so far so she will probably at least break even when accounting for all the returns/charge-backs that are no doubt coming her way when it's all said and done.

Considering how allergic she is to honest feedback or actual work and plain ignorant to strategic planning/marketing, she will probably break-even with her investment and be done with it. Then onto stacking the the remaining stock in Ali's garden man-cave to give away for birthday/Christmas gifts for the next 10 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It seems my post offended her... I was blocked within minutes of my reply to lulupdouglas (they had asked if they would soon be able to comment on posts on her brand account). I don’t understand why this comment warranted being blocked. What a terrible way to run a business. Her followers are the ones giving her this platform, you’d think she’d listen to the feedback and criticism, so out of touch.
Aldi “I didn’t need a tripod for this shoot...”
Bit of innuendo ?!?

Forkin’ imbecile. I’ve left a message on his insta crushing poppies photo “undiscovered corpse in your woodland.”

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
OMG She has so much makeup on that it doesn't match the part in her hair. How can she not see that the filler doctor has made her face look like a man. When in the hell did she grow an Ali size forehead? And finally she is wearing the dress that she used last week to wipe off her kitchen island. How luxe.
Her eyes look totally demented o_O

Reactions: 10
How long do we think it will be until her re-stock is "sold out"? Bets are on, folks! 🎰🎲

Reactions: 10
I liked the one that someone else suggested: Something like “They threw me to the
This definitely please please can we have this title next ;)

Just realised how I am now going to be able to continue to witch and moan about her as the kitchen garden and green house saga continues. I don't think I would have been able to continue watching her if it had just been clothing and stuff on her face. Greenhouse is good news for me.

Her face looks soo long and just weird. It's a face that could haunt houses.
like a “Scream mask!” 😂

I wonder how much capital Lydia has invested in her 'Kit'? And what exactly went down with Elementary Brands? I think it was apparent just by looking at their Instagram page that they were shady. Was she soooooo blinded by having her own brand that she believed what they said? Finally, how is it that everyone and their brother knows about Alibaba but her? Not looking very boss lady like if she missed all those signs.
The “glo” was just too bright, and she was blinded by it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Knowing how tight she is with her own money, I would say no more than £70-£80k. She did do the custom zipper pulls and all the custom labels which is where most of the expense probably happened. Then £10k at most for that laughable "branding" company who she is no doubt demanding a complete refund from as we type (and/or threatening a lawsuit).

But the total investment for 2300-ish units at £25 each (which is HIGH. I doubt she spent this much on each) is £57,500-ish just for inventory alone. Then tack on another £15k-£20k on for overhead expenses (like the circus clowns called Elementary Brands, warehouse usage, logistics etc) and that's about £70-£80k. She has probably had sales come in at about £30-40k (at best) so far so she will probably at least break even when accounting for all the returns/charge-backs that are no doubt coming her way when it's all said and done.

Considering how allergic she is to honest feedback or actual work and plain ignorant to strategic planning/marketing, she will probably break-even with her investment and be done with it. Then onto stacking the the remaining stock in Ali's garden man-cave to give away for birthday/Christmas gifts for the next 10 years.
Ooooh no where near! My sister works for a promo merchandising company and has confirmed that the outlay on branded products and bags like this are relatively cheap. Custom zippers and boxes are £0.50p (max) each when bought in bulk and manufactured in China. Warehousing outside of London per sq m is relatively cheap too, she’s probably not paying more than £400-500 p/m for storage and associated fulfilment costs. Logistics/shipping costs aren’t really that expensive (within mainland UK), cost price DPD next day delivery is approx £2.95, anything on top is profit (if you’re paying more than that Lids, you’re being swindled!). PR (did she really have any?!) was probably her biggest overhead, I can’t comment on the cost of that though as I have no experience. She’ll need to shift them all at some point but I absolutely don’t doubt that she’s making a profit, she’s driven by money and she has that HUGE mortgage to pay off...

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ooooh no where near! My sister works for a promo merchandising company and has confirmed that the outlay on branded products and bags like this are relatively cheap. Custom zippers and boxes are £0.50p (max) each when bought in bulk and manufactured in China. Warehousing outside of London per sq m is relatively cheap too, she’s probably not paying more than £400-500 p/m for storage and associated fulfilment costs. Logistics/shipping costs aren’t really that expensive (within mainland UK), cost price DPD next day delivery is approx £2.95, anything on top is profit (if you’re paying more than that Lids, you’re being swindled!). PR (did she really have any?!) was probably her biggest overhead, I can’t comment on the cost of that though as I have no experience. She’ll need to shift them all at some point but I absolutely don’t doubt that she’s making a profit, she’s driven by money and she has that HUGE mortgage to pay off...
Yes I was going to say I don't think the cost of the product would be that high. When I was doing a little looking on Alibaba they didn't seem to even charge extra for the customisation you just needed to buy more to get the customisation for free, that would be the labels - for the customised zippers she may have had to pay more.

Reactions: 11
I can see why she blocked you as it was obviously a little dig. It’s her business she doesn’t *have* to listen to feedback. We don’t own shares in it. We can have an opinion and tattle about it on here to our hearts content. But if you make comments on her channels, of course she’s going to block you. She can block whoever she likes!
I agree she can block whoever she wants but by not having comments turned on for her brand account she’s actually not allowing real customers to ask questions, I saw a genuine question posted on her account today and I just went to see if it’s still there and it’s not, the funny thing is the girl that asked it has commented the nicest things on her last few posts. The only other brand I’ve ever seen turn comments off and the face of the brand disappear is Jaclyn Hill. Lydia is quite literally pulling a Jaclyn right now and her followers won’t forget this.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This is what I meant. Didn't want to cause a debate 😬 just taking the piss out of Ali 😂😂
To be clear, I think we are all clear! Sorry again for misinterpreting. I think we are all mega clear now though and order has been resumed!

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Hopefully this video works/plays - let me know any of you guys if you can't see it - but I thought we should never forget and always preserve the hilarity of this "God, aren't I so adorable and kooky for my greenhouse obsession. What am I bloody like!!" moment before it disappears

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I agree she can block whoever she wants but by not having comments turned on for her brand account she’s actually not allowing real customers to ask questions, I saw a genuine question posted on her account today and I just went to see if it’s still there and it’s not, the funny thing is the girl that asked it has commented the nicest things on her last few posts. The only other brand I’ve ever seen turn comments off and the face of the brand disappear is Jaclyn Hill. Lydia is quite literally pulling a Jaclyn right now and her followers won’t forget this.
I reckon her fragile ego has chosen to blame Tattlers for sabotaging her brand and forcing her brand to flop. I think she is refusing to understand that when she endeavoured to turn her followers into actual buyers and pull their wallets out, that was when the worm turned. Noone wants to be ripped off. Noone will be loyal to someone who is pulling a fast one. Simple. All the Tattlers had to do was sit back and watch the disaster unfurl. I think she has made a huge mistake of undermining her subbys with legitimate complaints/queries.If she were to look at it objectively, and with a business head, she would have seen that, if anything, this forum gave her advice, for free, as to how not to do it and she did it anyway.

It’s very high risk to delete comments on a blanket blame whim, but I’ll bet that’s what she has done. Even more insulting to her followers and the result is twofold. She has proven no business acumen and no credibility as a youtuber.

Reactions: 14

Hopefully this video works/plays - let me know any of you guys if you can't see it - but I thought we should never forget and always preserve the hilarity of this "God, aren't I so adorable and kooky for my greenhouse obsession. What am I bloody like!!" moment before it disappears
That is one powerful filter Lydia Milinen is using on that video. Notice that it completely removed the horizontal neck lines that always show in her videos and photos. I think they are caused by either her trachea or Adam's apple......LOL It's late and I am off to bed. But those brows are still man sized brows.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.