Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By law she has to allow people to return the kit if they change their mind, because they have not seen it in person before purchasing. This below is from Citizens Advice Bureau.

If you bought the item online, over the phone or by mail order
You automatically get a 14-day ‘cooling-off period’ when you buy something you haven’t seen in person - unless it’s bespoke or made to measure.

The cooling-off period starts the day after you receive your order, and there doesn’t need to be anything wrong with the item for you to get a refund.

You won’t get a cooling-off period when you buy:

• something that deteriorates quickly - like flowers or food
  • an item that was personalised or custom-made for you
  • anything from a private individual rather than a business
  • a CD, DVD or software, if you break the seal on the wrapping
If you paid for standard delivery when you bought something, the seller has to refund this if you return it. If you chose a more expensive delivery option, you'll have to pay the difference.

Use your cooling-off period
You need to tell the seller you don’t want the item within 14 days of receiving it. Once you’ve told the seller, you’ve got another 14 days to actually send the item back.

You can use our template letter to let the seller know you’re cancelling. Keep a copy so you’ve got proof you sent it.

You could also phone - but make sure you make a note of who you speak to and what was agreed. It’s a good idea to follow up with a letter or email.

Sellers must give you certain information when you buy something without seeing it in person. This includes their business address and phone number, and details of your right to cancel. If you didn’t get this in writing (they’re allowed to send it by email) then your cooling off period is increased even further, to a year and 14 days.

14 days is the absolute minimum cooling-off period that a seller must give you. Make sure you check the terms and conditions in case they’ve given you more time to change your mind - many choose to do so.
Exactly! Her original terms stated you could not have a refund for simply changing your mind - which absolutely isn’t true! Looks like she’s removed that from her T&Cs now But can you imagine trying to argue your case to get your money back from her?! Stomping her feet saying ‘no, my rules, I say so!’

• Angry
Reactions: 20
Josie and charlie both sucking up to Lydia makes me think Zimmermangate is trying to merge with Globygate after Globy's failed IPO LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She is so capricious ... nothing in her life is stable for a moment ... not even the T&Cs she's offering her direct paying customers! Was just thinking about all the work that Ali did with her to take her campaign pictures a few weeks ago (surely you all remember the pics taken in their hallway with the creepy black background and the "little pampas grassy"). It seemed that Ali worked really hard on that for her and was proud of it ... and then, what? I don't see that anywhere on the Globy instagram or website! Just have to redo and redo until she ran out of time. She really has no idea what's she's doing ... and no sense of purpose, conviction. She has absolutely no business selling products. Maybe her team just told her that "hey -- it all sold out" so that they can just put this disaster out of its misery and just move on because it's been too much work on them to keep it from spinning out of control.

Reactions: 16
Yes I agree, it does say on their website they require 1-3 business days for you to receive an answer so technically they still have 1 more day, I assume the customers just panicked after seeing all the negative messages and wanted to cancel their orders. I don't think Lydia has a separate team for glo so Carrie and George are most likely struggling with the extra work load they now have hence the delay in responses 🙈 Many companies don't allow you to cancel an order once its been placed, I've only experienced being able to do this with either ASOS or feel unique (can't remember which one) Most companies just tell you to return it once you receive it.
What I don't understand is that this is potentially a hugely busy time for her, yet she's on the sofa under a blanket or in her dressing gown opening parcels and checking on sproutlings as if nothing's going on.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
The irony of her calling on women to support other women, but then basically silencing the one’s who supported her, is just 🤯🤯🤯

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
The irony of her calling on women to support other women, but then basically silencing the one’s who supported her, is just 🤯🤯🤯
Why didn't she do a haul of lorna luxe's inthestyle range? Is it too high street for her? Probably why lorna said nothing about the cheap box

so now we are all just jealous misogynists ..

View attachment 168539View attachment 168541
Just shows how up her own arse she is.

You couldn't make me swap lives with her for all the money in the world. After all this it's made her a joke. Cba with her at all

Reactions: 23
I can’t stand the influencer trend of “women supporting women.” Vic does it too ALL THE TIME. It makes it so these women don’t have to take responsibility for their greedy, manipulative ways. It’s everyone else’s fault. I’ll gladly support women who are inclusive, self-aware, genuine, kind, intelligent, who show a modicum of humility! But Lidl and her ilk, nope. I’ll just vent on a gossip thread thankyouverymuch.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
well it’s been removed then as it was definitely there before. On the night of her launch someone screen shot it and Put it on here and it listed the reasons you were entitled to a refund (faulty) and the reasons you were not entitled to one and it said you’re only entitled if your product is faulty, you return within 14 days posted 1st class recorded delivery. No return for ‘changing your mind’.

Clearly she’s realised she has to offer refunds and taken that out of her terms.
Yep it definitely said no returns for just changing your mind

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
If he's referring to Globy then that was not a 'good thing' 😂View attachment 168518
Ali's approach...ok Lydia you've done it, it didn't work, don't worry, move on..

VS Lydia's approach...it's failure was nothing to do with me, f* the lot of you, you are the imbeciles, I am the dog's bullocks.

🤣🤣🤣

Honestly how are these two even married

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I can’t stand the influencer trend of “women supporting women.” Vic does it too ALL THE TIME. It makes it so these women don’t have to take responsibility for their greedy, manipulative ways. It’s everyone else’s fault. I’ll gladly support women who are inclusive, self-aware, genuine, kind, intelligent, who show a modicum of humility! But Lidl and her ilk, nope. I’ll just vent on a gossip thread thankyouverymuch.
It’s not about women in general. It’s about influenza boss babes only 🤩 #bekind

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

19 mins in, Josie has done a 10 minute review on Lydias product. Very nice of her if she indeed paid for the kit herself. Have to say looking at it all close up, the glo labels sewn on make it look so cheap and nasty. Anyway, pointless her doing the review because it's all 'sold out'!!!!!
She did a MUCH, MUCH better job showing us and explaining the products and why they are more high-end than average. Funny that Lydia delayed sending out "press products" (not gifts!) because she wanted everyone to hear first from her about the tat kit, but she did such a lousy job introducing us to what she put together. All that said, Josie didn't say anything to change my mind that it's a total rip off!

Reactions: 12

Oh what a load of Bollocks! There are LOADS of people I like who are pretty, successful, confident. If I dont like someone its not because Im jealous of them, no its because there is a genuine REASON like.....

They lie to their followers
Are smug and big headed -which IS different to confident
They con their followers
They treat their mum like tit and blame her for everything wrong in their life AND put it on YOUTUBE
They treat their husband like tit ON CAMERA
They treat their BF/Manager like a bloody slave
They beg for everything
They dont disclose free products correctly
They are materialistic
They sell FREE items on depop and OVER CHARGE for the Postage.
They delete negative comments and comments from WOC when they bring out a product that isnt all inclusive.

Oh the reasons are endless.... does that remind you of anyone Lyd?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Why didn't she do a haul of lorna luxe's inthestyle range? Is it too high street for her? Probably why lorna said nothing about the cheap box
When has Lydia ever done a review of another influencer's product launch? If she has, you could count them on one hand. Which is BEYOND PATHETIC considering that this is her "full-time" "career". And even more pathetic considering that she herself wanted to eventually launch a product. She not only lacks a work ethic, she lacks most ethics. A person with ethics knows how critical it is to give as well as receive in all aspects of life. That concept is lost on Lydia coming and going.

Reactions: 21
Ali's approach...ok Lydia you've done it, it didn't work, don't worry, move on..

VS Lydia's approach...it's failure was nothing to do with me, f* the lot of you, you are the imbeciles, I am the dog's bullocks.

🤣🤣🤣

Honestly how are these two even married
Also Lydia, if you've got something to say, just say it!!

Stop with the constant pasting and linking of others' accounts/thoughts in your stories that will disappear after 24 hours. Post something on your feed instead, that will stay there permanently!! Oh no, I forgot, of course you haven't got the actual balls to do that or the intelligence to put your points across in a mature, well thought out manner.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.