Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Oh god she's never cooked a roast potato. 😊
I've never met a human over the age of 14, who doesn't know how to crisp up a potato in the oven. I've always had a suspicion that she can't cook. She tries to portray the perfect wife persona with the linen midi dresses and linen aprons but can't cook a potato 😂

I watched the video on 1.5x speed and skipped the parts about plants (70% of the video). No mention of her brand. Even if this was filmed earlier, you'd think a week before launching your brand, i would be all you talk about. She probably told her editor to remove all those bit.

The ramble in the last 10 minutes was a disgrace. If you're going to make an impactful statement about 'the movement' and inclusivity, don't forget the point half way through. If you forgot the point of your sentence as you were saying it, 9 times out of 10, you didn't have a point to begin with. If you're talking about inclusivity and you're not saying anything meaningful, as a black person I'd appreciate if you just shut your mouth. I'm not sure what kind of reaction you need for being 30+ and realising not everyone is a skinny, white woman.
I'm so done watching her videos. I can't be bothered to watch her constantly blow smoke up her arse.

P.S. I swear to God if I hear her say sproutlings like that one more time, I'll surgically remove my ears.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

Chick_pea

I’m not surprised Lydia Elise Millen has not addressed the issues with GlobyLydia. She really never seemed invested in it. From the cheap last minute photos, stock standard products from Aliexpress, non existent promotion she didn’t put in any time or any money.

I think she enjoyed the “idea” of having her own personal brand and having her photos on everything because she is passionate about Lydia Elise Millen and money. She wants to call herself a boss babe but never actually does anything of value. Every thing Lydia Elise Millen produces is low effort/no effort.

Vlogs are the easiest, lowest form of entertainment. Minimal editing, no planning, just her rambling on about nothing, knocking about the bungalow. She has become accustomed to doing very little and getting paid for it. That does not work with a new brand/business.

Lydia Elise Millen realised there’s actual work to be done and when mistakes are made you have to do things to fix them. Lydia Elise Millen was not designed for hard work, heck she wasn’t designed for ANY work. She is the exact type who would marry for money so she can sit on her butt and spend someone else’s hard earned cash.

What I do love about the blocking and deleting is it funnels everyone over here. The great awakening is upon us. This is not just an awakening to Lydia Elise Millens dirty deeds and deception but the influencer community at large. So thank you Lydia Elise Millen for being the catalyst for us all having the blinders removed from our eyes.

P.S. Don’t be shy to use all Lydia Elise Millens keywords so people can find us as we chat about Lydia Elise Millen and GlobyLydia - the great Globshite.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

Miss LDN

VIP Member
They threw me to the wolves because I tried to con my subs into buying a made in China scratchy oven glove. I didn't come back. I deleted all the comments. Put out a vlog where I bought more shit and it was never mentioned again.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
She's saying how disappointed she was to be let down by the person doing her fire escape lights, isn't that Matt Cann her mate? I would be livid if I was doing a cheap favour for a friend and they had the audacity to call me out on the vlog like that.
We should create our top 5 best videos by Lydia that are recommended to newly joined friends- just like “newbie kit”. Top fails or top 5 where we loved Lydia 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hello - newbie here. This sounds like a great idea!

Despite the familiarity with the tech behind these platforms, I will admit, I don't know much about the "influencer" world - I only recently discovered what a Kardashian is.
I will say, I'm catching up on this thread and so far, I've noticed really interesting observations are made here. It's positive to see viewers have a space to share their thoughts, specially when the "influencer" in question is blocking any type of comment which goes beyond a string of heart emojis.

As it relates to the "launch" of the product, a lot has been said, but I'd like to add a few observations..
It was brought to my attention by a friend that the "brand" was claiming no single-use plastic was utilized in the process of making the products. This caught my attention, as the product themselves are plastic (variations of polymers). As a climate activist, putting an end to faux-eco-vegan-green-sustainable-products is something I take seriously. My questions were not loaded, and I simply asked on IG if she could explain what she meant by "no single-use plastic was used" and if more details around composition could be shared. No follow-up. Eventually, my question was deleted.

Some research around this practice of deleting adverse comments brought me here. And whoa..what a fun read this has been! Looking forward to the top 5 videos to get fully up to speed.

In addition to being yet another harmful product for environment, I would like to add that this "launch" reads as a tone-deaf move in the context of the human rights issues and socio-economic inequality 2020 has raised thus far. I also noticed several comments around the product not being inclusive, which were completely ignored. This is something that, as a society, we must put an end to and demand better from any person/brand of influence.
It is also disturbing to see women continue to promote "beauty products", and "beauty ideals", under the disguise of Feminism and Female Empowerment..Unless an exfoliating mitt is what the Suffragettes had in mind back in the day, this seems to be another major opportunistic use of said labels.

As to the latest video, the comment about Monday workers not showing, and similarly, the subtle-not-so-subtle hints at an upcoming heat wave, sound like futile attempts to pre-date the video in my view. Perhaps the purpose was to postpone the inevitable (facing the music)?

Isn't it rather strange for a youtuber to launch a product and not take every opportunity to promote it? Specially when there is an overwhelming amount of feedback, positive and negative, around the product and comms about the product. It's very odd, may I dare say, suspicious, to not address it all.
The even less subtle rant around "diversity", and being unaware of how diverse your audience is, is also very curious. Could it be an attempt to gain "back-dated" sympathy from viewers? But then again, when you delete any comment that is not an ego-booster you don't have a chance to listen to your viewers, naturally. Self-inflicted ignorance? I suppose this is not surprising for someone who reacted so foreignly to the concept of "book".

It's also equally strange to be frantically gardening at 11PM - but do I know? Maybe that's just the life of a youtuber.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
She’s muted the word Glo on her YouTube channel so you can’t see any comments with the word Glo in. She really is the gift that keeps on giving!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

OhMyGosh!

I'm finding this sadder and sadder on so many levels. This is a very strange social experiment.

There are people out there in the web world just gushing and fan-girling over this product. Some seem to be gifted and others claim paying customer. I just have a pit in my stomach. I've been convinced that social media will be our downfall. Advertisers, Influencers, media, they all have an agenda and it's not to make my life better. It's to make them richer. So many people are so desperate to be part of something that they'll jump on any bandwagon just to feel important, included and worthy. They somehow think they "need" this kit. They will display the box. They feel their lives are elevated by this. What?

I think I am most bothered by how shallow people seem. Consumerism is just rampant in the ugliest of ways . I know the feeling of getting that "high" from shopping... but it's oh so fleeting and then it's on to the next thing. Soon, you have so much junk to deal with, donate, give-away... whatever. Then you calculate how much money you wasted and have to come to terms with that!

I don't know... maybe I'm rambling. Is anyone else worried for humanity? :eek:

• Heart
Reactions: 47

moona

Hello to all the Newbies that have joined us over the last couple of days.
We're glad you have seen the REAL Lidl!

If you'd like to see a bit more of the real Lidl, i.e. without filters and photoshop or her dress sense when she was "edgy" or her Ibiza days when she was a GoGo dancer/Promotion Girl... then check out these.

https://lydiaemillen.tumblr.com
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/lydiamillen
https://lookbook.nu/lydiaelisemillen
Omg in those old lookbook photos she looks like the kind of girl on a night out who bangs on the toilet doors in clubs HAHA

• Haha
Reactions: 43

ankakaka

I remember how she works hard... how wake up early to drive to the gym before wedding.... i remember when she run in over the knees boots to catch the train to London for meet Ups. Came home so late and wake up before 6 next day. I loved when she use Loreal mascara for i think a year and i trust her and buy it. The same with Milano blush. What a times.
I loved when she do 10 Must have items on autumn and she really wore them to death. I remember carmel stella mccartney coat, smart boots. She looks like Power woman. I stoped watching her vlogs when she go to maldives and coachella because she looks horrible then . I took a break from her for a few times. Then I came back. I loved her modern looks, ponytails, tailored shoes, green jacket. Last summer her iconic summer looks (chloe inspired) has changed she wore so much jeans and tshirt, also wedges - Very inspired by emma hill and she tell about. No shame. I love it too. First weird thing for me was when she bought 3 christmas trees and had help from a girl from an instagram to decorate it to looks like trees from this person house. Where is this person now... she now have new obsessions. Claire. In one year no one will remember about it. It was also weird when she received cartier pen. And why on her birthdays she always tell what she is going to get from ali. Why never get a gift on actual birthday day. They have so much money and never do surprises for each other. Me and my husband when had extra money always do each other some surprise.. it was also weird when they dont go on honey moon. I know when you buying a house its hard. I am not reach and currently on process of buying a house, had wedding last summer and i am going for some mini vacations this year and did it last year.... i am not mean holidays in fancy hotels in Positano. Last year 2 weeks in italy, this year croatia by car with friends. One Dior bag and you can have amazing euro trip or few weeks in south Europe..... it was also weird when she talks she dont want to have kids a week after desi told her story for the first time. The same time emma hill told she dont have kids because she love her bags too much - i unfollow her then. Now when desi will be a mother she start to talking that she is planning to have a child. You should make this decIsions with ali. I think he would love to have a kid. I think he will be a fun dad. It could be the best for them to have a child now... maybe she will change when become bother. Hope so. I am really sad that i am spending time here not watching her vlog instead of skipping timeline... i am only watching only 3 YouTube channel regulary and i feel like i lost afriend

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

BrookeDavis

Chatty Member
What is with the constant strange accents and weird voices. She never speaks in a continious tone, using her normal accent. She speaks really weirdly and jumps from one voice/accent to another going high pitch to low pitch or kind of sings what she’s saying etc, it’s not cute. From a psychological point of view, I think it’s a sign she suffers from an identity crisis and literally can’t be herself because she doesn’t know who she is, if that makes sense. Another thing that isn’t cute, but instead makes me cringe is the way she keeps saying “good boy” to her grown up adult husband 😂.

• Sick
Reactions: 42

coconochanel

VIP Member
she's such an idiot- will she share the other posts? Is she saying that if you don't like the things that she does you should unfollow? Idiot.
Err why should a viewer 'unfollow' because a creator hasnt declared a gifted product correctly? how about the creator LEARNS TO BLOODY DECLARE GIFTED PRODUCTS CORRECTLY!

• Heart
Reactions: 41