Lydia Millen #25 Obsessed with cress, wants a Cotswold address, no sign of Globy, what a bloody mess!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has come up with items we have seen a million times before, she's given no info on them to even begin to justify their cost... where are they made? are they UK made or are they imported from China? what materials have been used are they environmentally sustainable? how are these different to any other product on the market? how did she come up with such a price? how vain, delusional, not to mention insulting to your fans is she to think people should just fork £50 on mitts just because you have given it your name and branding!!
You're assuming that she asked the questions herself and knows the answers! She's too lazy to do anything more than she had. It only took her two years because she probably dabbled in it a couple hours a month.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I totally agree, she’s is missing the point trying to suggest it’s inclusive but so are the people calling her out for it. By all means call her out for the fact that it’s cheap and hugely disappointing after all her silly hype. Not every type of product is for everyone, to suggest that it should be is completely unreasonable.
I don’t think you can say a black woman or person of colour is missing the point, there was some very good and educated points before Lydia deleted then. Some may not feel this way but if those that are feel upset and disappointed enough to voice this then we should listen and learn. The tanning market is completely geared towards white people anyway and won’t ever really be inclusive as a whole, maybe she should have thought about that when making the product.

Reactions: 8
2016 left in stock 😳 Still £50 and £19.50 shipping to Germany. Wow.
unreal. I mean there are loads of sites where you can buy so called luxury tanning mitts (although they are all the same, just paying for the name with the expensive ones) and not pay that kind of price and delivery fee. Like cult beauty is free worldwide over £20?!

Reactions: 5
I don’t think you can say a black woman or person of colour is missing the point, there was some very good and educated points before Lydia deleted then. Some may not feel this way but if those that are feel upset and disappointed enough to voice this then we should listen and learn. The tanning market is completely geared towards white people anyway and won’t ever really be inclusive as a whole, maybe she should have thought about that when making the product.
Her telling Black people/POC, all of whom have raised very valid points, that the products can be used for moisturizer/body oil is basically like giving a Black child a white doll and saying “well, at least you get a doll.”

• Sick
Reactions: 24
The FAQ page is gold, and some nice typos littered around the page too, very luxe.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Hmmm I think she got commissions out of the “discount code” but at least you pay a bit cheaper than their ridiculous markup... I wouldn’t be lining her tight-ass conman pocket

I cringe at her delusional denial that we guessed the products wrong. They’re actually one of the first guesses and we even gave her some undeserved credits that she might add some body shimmer with it etc.

Ready. Steady. Flop.

Reactions: 29
Though I find her so irritating and hypocritical at points, I was genuinely excited for this launch! I do think her skin is beautiful (and it should be, what with the thousands she gets in free products and treatments!) so I was considering buying expecting it to be a face mist or tan or something.

I never thought I would be so disappointed. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw £50! £50!!!!! How dare she?! It just goes to show how out of touch she is with normal people after years of freebies. This is utterly ridiculous and such a slap in the face. What a catastrophic failure, so much disappointment by so many who supported her.

Also, it really irks me how she can just slap 'luxury' on her products and act like it is. What exactly is luxury in this product? What defines luxury? Other than the bloody price... She just puts her name on something and think that makes it the best thing ever. What world does she live on?

• Angry
Reactions: 26
It was definitely 41.67 for a bit with 8.33 shipping for a bit. It's now back to 50.
I think that was a knee jerk reaction to people complaining about the price. Then she probably realised that those who paid full price would be furious and she’d be issuing refunds to the early birds. I’d say there is some atmosphere in the bungalow this evening...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I need to go to sleep as I have an early start but it feels like tit's just getting started here and I don't wanna miss it 😅 🙈:sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.