Lydia Millen #202 The latest for the Cotswold’s wannabe is fake beams in the GP Surgery!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely she s not charging her subbies to go to a book signing. 🤑 She would bleed them dry given half a chance. 🤑🤑🤑
---

Because Mr Boo Font has been neglecting travelling he hasn t spent much time at home with his bees, he says his bees left their hive so he has re-homed them in another. He spoke about too many queens in the hive. All sounds very odd to me but I know nothing about bees. I believe his first hive contained angry bees, which he never did anything to alleviate. Could this be why the bees jumped ship? Would love to hear your views on this @MichiganGal. 🐝
One minute he is pestering his bees so he can take a photo of himself, all dressed up in a tight-fitting beekeeper outfit, and then the next minute he hasn't the time to deal with them. I didn't watch the video because I can't deal with him at all. If I was forced to watch Ali or Lydiot, I would watch Lydiot. He rubs me wrong. OK, on to the bees. First off, I have 20 physical hives located on 3 acres, in groups of 5 hives. Because I live in an area that can experience -20 F to 100 F, I need to locate them where they are protected from the north and westerly winds. Each setup sits on top of a pedestal constructed of 2 concrete blocks high, so they are ergonomically conducive when gathering honey. The hive consist of the deepest (tallest) box/super), then we have a queen excluder that keeps the queen from going into the boxes above. The queen excluder has openings just slightly smaller than the queen which keeps her from laying eggs in the other boxes but allows the remaining bees to freely pass through. On top of the excluder are 2 mediums boxes, and on top of that is a 4-inch-high box with a few holes the size of a quarter and covered with a screen for ventilation. Ventilation is important so that they do not overheat. As the hottest air raises, it flows out the holes and cooler air is pulled in through the entry opening. Once the daytime temps are in the 50s F, we put rubber plugs in the ventilation holes. Then once the temps are in the 30s F we place a block of wood in the opening to decrease the opening to half it size to keep in the heat. We take honey from only the top box so that they have plenty of food to carry them through Oct-April when there are no flowers to gather nectar. Out of the 20 hives setups there are usually 3 or 4 empty, usually 1 empty hive in each group of 5 hives and this is done on purpose. When we feel that a colony is getting too big (we usually can tell this at honey time) we will divide the hive to prevent swarming. Swarming happens when the queen decides the to leave, usually when there is crowding. She takes a portion of the bees with her and leaves. The remaining bees know she has left because they can't smell her. They will then feed what is called Royal Honey to one or more of the old queen's fertilized eggs. The Royal Honey turns the fertilized eggs into queens. Usually, the first queen to hatch eats the remaining larval to eliminate any further queens from hatching and also to gain the added nutrients. If by chance another queen hatches, they fight it out and the strongest one survives. Sometimes the queen is killed by the colony because she is old and no longer fertile and they know this because they can smell that she is laying unfertilized eggs. They kill the queen by what is called queen balling. They gather around her in a ball formation and hold her still so she can't use her wings to fan herself, and she overheats and dies. They then remove her from the colony and proceed with making a new queen. When we divide a colony, we can do it two ways. We can order a new queen which comes in a little plastic or wood cage along with several support bees (I can't remember if they are drones or worker bees). We put the new queen in the bottom box along with the empty frames then we put on the roof. One or two days later we remove a top box from another colony taking roughly 1/3 of the bees from that colony. We don't have to worry about the queen because she is relegated to the bottom box because of the queen excluder. Now the new queen and her buddies are in the bottom box in a cage that has an opening that they eat through to get out along with some honey, so they don't get peckish. Before we add the bees and the box from the established colony, we add a queen excluder and then cover it with some newspaper. We do this so that the relocated bees have to chew through the newspaper to get to the queen and her buddies that the relocated bees think are intruders. By the time they chew through the paper they will have become accustomed to her scent and since they can no longer smell the queen from the established colony, which is from a different group of 5 hives, they can then go about their business of gathering nectar and making honey. This is another reason why we have groups of hives rather than all 20 in one spot. Or you can also just relocate an old queen from an establish colony along with 1/3 of the bees and the remaining bees will set about making a new queen via fertilized eggs fed with Royal Honey. We prefer to buy queens because there is less disruption to the colony caused by dismantling the hive and looking for the queen. So, after all this, I have no idea what Ali was talking about. The colony will take care of itself if there happens to be too many queens. Beekeeping practices are slightly different in different locales, but the differences are usually due to the climate. My guess is he had a swarm because his colony got too big, he had a woodpecker problem (strange), he had angry bees, and he would rather go lean against a wall, or pout and look at himself, or put Baum de Rose on his lips, or sit in his dressing polishing rather than enjoying his bees. He probably also found out that his flow hive is a joke, so he came up with a cock and bull story so that he no longer has to deal with them. Instead, they will let everyone assume they still have some bees and just go and buy Cotswold honey and then rebottle it and stick their Millen Gordon sticker on it. There is more to raising bees than buying a hive setup and gathering honey. You have to first plant enough high nectar plants before you even get 1 bee. You have to place them in the correct location for sun in the winter and shade in the summer, you have to position the opening away from the prevailing winds, and you have to provide hydration in the form of clean water (we use shallow concrete bird baths with a large natural sponge to land on). If you don't provide clean water, they will drink out of puddles where you have no idea what's in the puddle water. You also need to medicate them for mites and provide extra food (we feed them honey instead of sugar water) if the weather is slow to warm up and delaying blossoms or if it is unseasonally warm in the fall when they can still be active but there are no flowers from which to gather nectar. Ali is not a big thinker, and his heart is not in it, despite loving to parade around the hives and having his photo taken with his bees.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
One minute he is pestering his bees so he can take a photo of himself, all dressed up in a tight-fitting beekeeper outfit, and then the next minute he hasn't the time to deal with them. I didn't watch the video because I can't deal with him at all. If I was forced to watch Ali or Lydiot, I would watch Lydiot. He rubs me wrong. OK, on to the bees. First off, I have 20 physical hives located on 3 acres, in groups of 5 hives. Because I live in an area that can experience -20 F to 100 F, I need to locate them where they are protected from the north and westerly winds. Each setup sits on top of a pedestal constructed of 2 concrete blocks high, so they are ergonomically conducive when gathering honey. The hive consist of the deepest (tallest) box/super), then we have a queen excluder that keeps the queen from going into the boxes above. The queen excluder has openings just slightly smaller than the queen which keeps her from laying eggs in the other boxes but allows the remaining bees to freely pass through. On top of the excluder are 2 mediums boxes, and on top of that is a 4-inch-high box with a few holes the size of a quarter and covered with a screen for ventilation. Ventilation is important so that they do not overheat. As the hottest air raises, it flows out the holes and cooler air is pulled in through the entry opening. Once the daytime temps are in the 50s F, we put rubber plugs in the ventilation holes. Then once the temps are in the 30s F we place a block of wood in the opening to decrease the opening to half it size to keep in the heat. We take honey from only the top box so that they have plenty of food to carry them through Oct-April when there are no flowers to gather nectar. Out of the 20 hives setups there are usually 3 or 4 empty, usually 1 empty hive in each group of 5 hives and this is done on purpose. When we feel that a colony is getting too big (we usually can tell this at honey time) we will divide the hive to prevent swarming. Swarming happens when the queen decides the to leave, usually when there is crowding. She takes a portion of the bees with her and leaves. The remaining bees know she has left because they can't smell her. They will then feed what is called Royal Honey to one or more of the old queen's fertilized eggs. The Royal Honey turns the fertilized eggs into queens. Usually, the first queen to hatch eats the remaining larval to eliminate any further queens from hatching and also to gain the added nutrients. If by chance another queen hatches, they fight it out and the strongest one survives. Sometimes the queen is killed by the colony because she is old and no longer fertile and they know this because they can smell that she is laying unfertilized eggs. They kill the queen by what is called queen balling. They gather around her in a ball formation and hold her still so she can't use her wings to fan herself, and she overheats and dies. They then remove her from the colony and proceed with making a new queen. When we divide a colony, we can do it two ways. We can order a new queen which comes in a little plastic or wood cage along with several support bees (I can't remember if they are drones or worker bees). We put the new queen in the bottom box along with the empty frames then we put on the roof. One or two days later we remove a top box from another colony taking roughly 1/3 of the bees from that colony. We don't have to worry about the queen because she is relegated to the bottom box because of the queen excluder. Now the new queen and her buddies are in the bottom box in a cage that has an opening that they eat through to get out along with some honey, so they don't get peckish. Before we add the bees and the box from the established colony, we add a queen excluder and then cover it with some newspaper. We do this so that the relocated bees have to chew through the newspaper to get to the queen and her buddies that the relocated bees think are intruders. By the time they chew through the paper they will have become accustomed to her scent and since they can no longer smell the queen from the established colony, which is from a different group of 5 hives, they can then go about their business of gathering nectar and making honey. This is another reason why we have groups of hives rather than all 20 in one spot. Or you can also just relocate an old queen from an establish colony along with 1/3 of the bees and the remaining bees will set about making a new queen via fertilized eggs fed with Royal Honey. We prefer to buy queens because there is less disruption to the colony caused by dismantling the hive and looking for the queen. So, after all this, I have no idea what Ali was talking about. The colony will take care of itself if there happens to be too many queens. Beekeeping practices are slightly different in different locales, but the differences are usually due to the climate. My guess is he had a swarm because his colony got too big, he had a woodpecker problem (strange), he had angry bees, and he would rather go lean against a wall, or pout and look at himself, or put Baum de Rose on his lips, or sit in his dressing polishing rather than enjoying his bees. He probably also found out that his flow hive is a joke, so he came up with a cock and bull story so that he no longer has to deal with them. Instead, they will let everyone assume they still have some bees and just go and buy Cotswold honey and then rebottle it and stick their Millen Gordon sticker on it. There is more to raising bees than buying a hive setup and gathering honey. You have to first plant enough high nectar plants before you even get 1 bee. You have to place them in the correct location for sun in the winter and shade in the summer, you have to position the opening away from the prevailing winds, and you have to provide hydration in the form of clean water (we use shallow concrete bird baths with a large natural sponge to land on). If you don't provide clean water, they will drink out of puddles where you have no idea what's in the puddle water. You also need to medicate them for mites and provide extra food (we feed them honey instead of sugar water) if the weather is slow to warm up and delaying blossoms or if it is unseasonally warm in the fall when they can still be active but there are no flowers from which to gather nectar. Ali is not a big thinker, and his heart is not in it, despite loving to parade around the hives and having his photo taken with his bees.
Thank you so much for your fascinating post, I just love reading about your well cared for and happy bees. I now respect and love any bees that come into my garden.

Lips started the segment saying the bees had taken advantage of him, he s good to them and looks after them, that they are taking the mick by leaving. He saw they had swarmed onto a tree a few feet away from her greedhouse so took the bees plus a queen back to the original hive (of angry bees) but they would not go in. He then looked and found the hive had extra queen bees. He put them into another box and they now have 3 colonies of bees. 🥺 He actually admitted the first hive is packed full of bees with 5 queens. The second hive too is full but no queen cells. He fed the new colony sugar water. Lips said he s been travelling (for 3 weeks) and there is no one to help him when he is away. 😭 I think It s slowly (lol) dawning on him that his first colony is getting very large and he now has to take the bee keeping very seriously. With his Sugamama giving him orders left, right and centre how will he be able to tick off everything on her to do list plus look after so many bees?

I am stunned and sad to see how little high nectar plants they actually have, she has even said she doesn t like flowers in her garden. I know they have a wild flower section but the flowering season seems to be short lived. There doesn t appear to be any clean water for them either. 🤬 It s true, he seems to have lost interest is caring for them properly.

They should never have had cats, dogs, bees nor chickens.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Thank you SO much for such an informative and interesting description of how to do it properly and why it’s important to do it properly. I really enjoyed reading all you so kindly wrote!

Its made me rage on behalf of his poor bees AGAIN! Why cant she see to the bees when he’s not there? Is she exempt from everything apart from posing, lying, drinking and napping? She’s interested enough in having Honey Bee Walk but not the lives of the bes at the end of it! They should not be allowed ANY animals at all. They are both too selfish. Yes you are right - he’s more interested in pouting his bee stung lips leaning against a wretched wall wearing geriatric fashion. Hes thick (putting it bluntly). Education is a choice. He chooses pouting over educating himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Her latest HC add shows her wearing a suit she only wore for that, and the leg flick. Going to be sick now...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
IMG_0464.jpeg
IMG_0465.jpeg

Meanwhile - thousands of bees at the end of Angry Honey Bee Walk are struggling! Nice…

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Thank you SO much for such an informative and interesting description of how to do it properly and why it’s important to do it properly. I really enjoyed reading all you so kindly wrote!

Its made me rage on behalf of his poor bees AGAIN! Why cant she see to the bees when he’s not there? Is she exempt from everything apart from posing, lying, drinking and napping? She’s interested enough in having Honey Bee Walk but not the lives of the bes at the end of it! They should not be allowed ANY animals at all. They are both too selfish. Yes you are right - he’s more interested in pouting his bee stung lips leaning against a wretched wall wearing geriatric fashion. Hes thick (putting it bluntly). Education is a choice. He chooses pouting over educating himself.
It’s much easier to pout than educate themselves. Probably pays better too. So why should either of them make an effort to be intelligent, when it is enough to learn a couple of long words that you can keep repeating ? When grammar and spelling correctly is not necessary? When brands treat you like important people, only because you can sell their wares. You can be the biggest thicko (like Lips and Lydiot are), it doesn’t matter , as long as you can tell new lies each week for the latest promo. 🤮

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Thank you so much for your fascinating post, I just love reading about your well cared for and happy bees. I now respect and love any bees that come into my garden.

Lips started the segment saying the bees had taken advantage of him, he s good to them and looks after them, that they are taking the mick by leaving. He saw they had swarmed onto a tree a few feet away from her greedhouse so took the bees plus a queen back to the original hive (of angry bees) but they would not go in. He then looked and found the hive had extra queen bees. He put them into another box and they now have 3 colonies of bees. 🥺 He actually admitted the first hive is packed full of bees with 5 queens. The second hive too is full but no queen cells. He fed the new colony sugar water. Lips said he s been travelling (for 3 weeks) and there is no one to help him when he is away. 😭 I think It s slowly (lol) dawning on him that his first colony is getting very large and he now has to take the bee keeping very seriously. With his Sugamama giving him orders left, right and centre how will he be able to tick off everything on her to do list plus look after so many bees?

I am stunned and sad to see how little high nectar plants they actually have, she has even said she doesn t like flowers in her garden. I know they have a wild flower section but the flowering season seems to be short lived. There doesn t appear to be any clean water for them either. 🤬 It s true, he seems to have lost interest is caring for them properly.

They should never have had cats, dogs, bees nor chickens.
The only reason he suddenly was interested in bees is bc he saw David Beckham was.

Him and his wife are so inauthentic and really don't know themselves bc all they do is blatantly copy others.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I looked at the hc sage green linen suit at badminton horse trials. The quality of that linen is SO poor , it has a slub type texture.

I really didn’t like it and I often do like hc .

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.