Lydia Millen #201 She doesn't want to fit in, good cause your careers in the bin 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’m

Interesting! I hadn’t even noticed Laura was there 😂. Guessing the paycheque Pa has dropped to 125k then !. That Cotswold house plus keeping the bunga is a lot further away.

in wonder what they pay for car finance Pa anyone have any guesses??
So I saw something on YT a few days ago. Should have linked it.

It talked about why so many "influencers" drive Range Rovers.

Apparently if you have a vehicle that is over 6000 lbs and used for business, it's a tax write off!

Like what bullshit is this?

I can't recall who on YT mentioned it. Perhaps the YT channel Dad's Podcast Challenge?

I've been watching his reviews on the family vlogging channel, The Dougherty Dozen and her spending is out of control.

Apparently in the US, if anything is shown on your YT channel, it can be a tax write off!

So she vlogs each shopping haul of groceries, clothes, trips, a recent Jeep purchase ALL on her YT channel.

I guess it's a thing across the board not just the US?

It's amazing the tit these social media whores get away with.

I am hoping the gavel comes down on such bullshit expense write offs.

...and that chick was pulling in an average of US $300 000 per month!

Like WTF did I even go to grad school and work 2 jobs during it to make less than that?

I know Lydiot's pay has dropped from her hey day but I bet the Range Rover, Aston Martin and bleeping Land Rover, they use once a year to film their measly Vlogmas intros, are all bloody written off.

I'm just learning all of this and honestly am sickened.

Could Lydiot have written off all her bleeping Hermes bags too as tax write offs or is it different in the UK?

I only know US tax laws...not well versed on UK tax laws.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Apparently if you have a vehicle that is over 6000 lbs and used for business, it's a tax write off!

I can't recall who on YT mentioned it. Perhaps the YT channel Dad's Podcast Challenge?

I've been watching his reviews on the family vlogging channel, The Dougherty Dozen and her spending is out of control.

Apparently in the US, if anything is shown on your YT channel, it can be a tax write off!

So she vlogs each shopping haul of groceries, clothes, trips, a recent Jeep purchase ALL on her YT channel.

Like WTF did I even go to grad school and work 2 jobs during it to make less than that?

I know Lydiot's pay has dropped from her hey day but I bet the Range Rover, Aston Martin and bleeping Land Rover, they use once a year to film their measly Vlogmas intros, are all bloody written off.

Could Lydiot have written off all her bleeping Hermes bags too as tax write offs or is it different in the UK?

I posted some research I did on this subject I think in josies thread , I’m struggling to recall the details. I don’t know re cars , I haven’t heard of the weight thing in the uk however I seem to recall that if the item is something you need for your business then it can be a write off. I’m not sure how it works with cars , I heard they have closed off a lot of benefits for car owners tax wise who are putting cars through the business .

She withdrew a lump of money in a very tax inefficient way so I’m not sure if she is clued up and well advised or not after seeing that .

I’ll obtain her next accounts and have a nosy . I’ve seen her historic accounts .
---
Like I overheard Charlie at daylesford he had to pay by Amex because it’s their company card (he was buying a Christmas wreath at the time for about £80 ). His card was declined at one till and he explained he has to pay on Amex because that is their business card and the wreath is a business expense !!! So they took him to another till and it worked .

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

It’s quite different in the UK and they keep regulating it more and more. This is quite a useful website to read through https://www.mercianaccountants.co.uk/tax-guide-content-creators/

Influencers are meant to declare gifts as they are a taxable income and also things like clothing purchases will need to be justified. It’s one thing to spend £2000 on a hand made dress if you are showing the process and advertising the company who did it. It’s another to buy a Birkin for 20k from an online reseller and trying to claim it as a business expense because you’ve unboxed it in a video and took a couple of photos for instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I would image she paid closer to 7-8k for the Birkins. The ridiculously priced ones I’ve seen on resale market hang around for a long time and typically someone makes a good enough offer for the seller to agree to the sale to save it gathering dust.

I dealt with a Knightsbridge store many years ago with a Kelly bag and they marked it as being 13k at the time and some months later it was down to asking price of 8k . They didn’t and up selling it for me in the end , we couldn’t get rid of it !

Reactions: 13
I would image she paid closer to 7-8k for the Birkins. The ridiculously priced ones I’ve seen on resale market hang around for a long time and typically someone makes a good enough offer for the seller to agree to the sale to save it gathering dust.

I dealt with a Knightsbridge store many years ago with a Kelly bag and they marked it as being 13k at the time and some months later it was down to asking price of 8k . They didn’t and up selling it for me in the end , we couldn’t get rid of it !
I believe she paid quite a high price for her very first Birkin.

Reactions: 12
I emailed sweed pointing out why she was a poor choice - saturates Photos/ YouTube has a permanent lip blush plus has lots of gates and issues. It’s annoying because I was genuinely interested in their products prior to the collaboration. They never replied!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Carrie looks ghastly! She looks like she just got up out of bed and forgot to brush her hair. She looks disheveled, that skirt is so creased and ill fitting on her. She looks frumpy and dowdy. Lol, she’s in charge of holding and babysitting Lydia’s Hermes bag all day. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2892295

Isn’t Carrie wearing that LK Bennett skirt Lydia tried on in an LK Bennett unboxing last year. ( Me going to do a search) Found it! Yes it is!!! That’s the one Lydia said was a bit marmite! Oh, what a laugh...She gives the rejects to Carrie! 🤣

View attachment 2892250
View attachment 2892230
What a trio in this shot. You have Charlotte of BellePR who has doused herself in fake tan. Carrie who still hasn’t gone to see the colour wheel clothing consultant yet and needs to, and looks like she got dressed in the dark like Ali did the other day. Then you have Lydia’s image on the wall who looks like she's asleep. 🤣
Oh my gosh Carrie looks 60!

• Heart
  • Haha
Yeah UK tax laws are different, but she can certainly put the car leases through the company and save on tax. You can also claim for insurance, fuel, repairs, breakdown cover etc. depending on the type of accounts you submit. I know loads of company owners who buy very expensive cars through the company to save on tax. Trouble is when those companies go bust, it’s bye bye cars.

Gifts, both in exchange for work or just gifts from brands should also be declared and tax paid on them. Trouble is she would need to declare all these gifts and it’s very hard for HMRC to investigate hence why these influencers get away with so much. Unless someone watches the videos or her unboxing everything or contacts all these companies, how can they prove what is being sent to her.

Makes me so mad that all of their every day expenses, including food, appliances, toiletries and clothes are all gifted and she will then sell a lot after, while everyone else pays for all of this and are then taxed on the odd bonus or have to declare a gift from a client!

• Angry
Reactions: 20
lol that his best performing vlog out of the above is the one with Lydia on ! .

I wonder how accepting he is of the whole situation. Doesn’t mind the benefits but the cost to him is high 😂

Reactions: 11
Oh dear Twatty - not even shoe shining/cravat wearing/dogs/chickens/cooking/gardening/crappy bathrooms/Wisteria/Oak/Shed/Garage/Bees/Fragrance Wardrobe!!!!

Naff All - just bot buying!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh dear Twatty - not even shoe shining/cravat wearing/dogs/chickens/cooking/gardening/crappy bathrooms/Wisteria/Oak/Shed/Garage/Bees/Fragrance Wardrobe!!!!

Naff All - just bot buying!!
It was touch and go for Tattlers to watch his boring 💤 flogs, this non posting is saving lives 😉😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Looks like both of their careers are on a downward spiral, better get that Electrician's uniform back out Ali. 🤣

• Haha
Yeah UK tax laws are different, but she can certainly put the car leases through the company and save on tax. You can also claim for insurance, fuel, repairs, breakdown cover etc. depending on the type of accounts you submit. I know loads of company owners who buy very expensive cars through the company to save on tax. Trouble is when those companies go bust, it’s bye bye cars.

Gifts, both in exchange for work or just gifts from brands should also be declared and tax paid on them. Trouble is she would need to declare all these gifts and it’s very hard for HMRC to investigate hence why these influencers get away with so much. Unless someone watches the videos or her unboxing everything or contacts all these companies, how can they prove what is being sent to her.

Makes me so mad that all of their every day expenses, including food, appliances, toiletries and clothes are all gifted and she will then sell a lot after, while everyone else pays for all of this and are then taxed on the odd bonus or have to declare a gift from a client!
You can only claim for about 50% on cars as HMRC know that the cars won’t be exclusively used for work purposes.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.