Lydia Millen #186 'Rescue' hens have arrived, borrowed hair has departed, has the book been started?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t she on the university website? I thought she was and she was talking about her course.
Yes Retail Marketing, and she's talking about going on yoga retreats and sharing her favourite recipes on her blog.....🤔
However I still don't understand her comment about not having the grades to do the Fashion Marketing degree. She didn't have the grades to do ANY degree, hence they took life experience into account.
It would make sense if they'd made her do a foundation course beforehand, as I said,just to see if she could write a sentence and spell. Oops!

---
When all these broads started the only luxury they unboxed was handbags. For many that would be “accessible” luxury, available to those not-rich-but-not-poor uni girls who had their basic expenses covered and could divert their disposable income to a couple of bags a year. Luxury houses see these as 1) gateway customers, or (more likely) 2) bottom feeders they don’t want to sell to regularly. They also see luxury beauty and accessories buyers in the same way, but still need these customers and thus have supported the rise of influencers in these niches (Michelle Wang e.g. for beauty).

The influencers who were serious about fashion and their business saw an opportunity, worked hard, grifted, and/or did countless other things to get to shows, buy secondhand RTW, then buy real RTW to cement their relationships with luxury brands and in some cases become brands themselves (think Chiara, Leonie, and say what you will Tamara). Other former fashion girls settled uncomfortably into the beauty space like Vic, who continues to get third tier fashion invites (Choo, MK etc.) owing to her proximity to major beauty.

Lydia probably should have gone that route and would still have nice invites owing to prestige beauty brands. But she’s lazy and also created her own PR nightmare. So she got stuck with Amazon (still loads of cash but no prestige) and these nobody British brands that work with every Stepford influencer under the sun. That she got third tier ODR to work with her is shocking but I’m sure that jig will be up as soon as they realize she’s terrible.
She also didn't want an agency taking some of her profits and telling her what to do. Without doubt the big Fashion hitters have representatives. Look what happened when Frow took Lidl's advice and ditched her agency. She couldn't do it and has an agency again now.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh, yes - maybe a poll as to who will get an invite to the Everhasbeen launch? What will be the venue? Will she wear an angled hat? Will her brooch be on the correct side of her gown? Will Billy-no-mates have to invite Aldi’s friends she used to loathe - out of desperation? Just to fill the empty space ... Mmmmm, so many options, here.

I reckon the book launch will be in Blenheim Palace with herself in tiara a la the POW, Cawwwie will be at her side both sitting on their thrones. Little Fella will be behind her throne - thankfully his shoe lifts will elevate him so he can be seen... leaning against a wall, possibly, wearing ginger.. and the guests... Hellooo? Who? Where? Ah, yes, it will be such an exclusive event, invitations will be hard to come by.... so Fi, Cawwie (Lala and Poe) ie The Teletubbies A Team and Lauren and perhaps Irenemylife #newfriend, anyone else???
Generally publishers don't have big budgets for book launches - so that will be something Lydia has to pony up the cash for...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'd absolutely love to see secret camera footage of Lidl and Aldi at home, when they are "off duty" and they are not cosplaying, doing their fake posh accents and poncing about like a couple of country tweed twats.

I bet you Lidl puts her leggings on, picks her nose and talks like a proper chav! I bet when she's mad at Aldi the accent really slips and she sounds like an old fishwife!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Yes Retail Marketing, and she's talking about going on yoga retreats and sharing her favourite recipes on her blog.....🤔
However I still don't understand her comment about not having the grades to do the Fashion Marketing degree. She didn't have the grades to do ANY degree, hence they took life experience into account.
It would make sense if they'd made her do a foundation course beforehand, as I said,just to see if she could write a sentence and spell. Oops!
---
Something isn’t adding up. She said she flunked her GCSE’s so I’m not sure how she got on a degree course. At best she would have had to take an access course to get on a hons degree. Experience wouldn’t have been enough, she would have had to take access courses to ensure she could actually academically do the course requirements. I reckon at best she’s got a foundation degree and is flowering it up as a full on hons degree.

• Heart
I'm sure there are lots of subscribers who are confused about Lydia mentioning her drama and controversies, and why people dislike her, but these subsctibers are probably too scared to ask for more details.

View attachment 2396537View attachment 2396538View attachment 2396539View attachment 2396540View attachment 2396541View attachment 2396542
It’s quite telling that a lot of her followers don’t know about her pre 2021 life. It seems like she hasn’t been able to retain many of her OG followers (I wonder why) And these are all newbies.
---

Thanks for posting

So from what I can see online she had 3 GCSE’s but she would need A levels too. According to her blog she was only there for 3 years so who knows what the entry requirements were. Has she ever mentioned college or sixth form? I know it wasn’t a requirement to go then but I would imagine to go to University she would need A-levels or a BTEQ even for a foundation course.
---
Something isn’t adding up. She said she flunked her GCSE’s so I’m not sure how she got on a degree course. At best she would have had to take an access course to get on a hons degree. Experience wouldn’t have been enough, she would have had to take access courses to ensure she could actually academically do the course requirements. I reckon at best she’s got a foundation degree and is flowering it up as a full on hons degree.
I don’t want to link to her blog but she says she started at 21 and left at 24 with a degree. I don’t think the University would put her on the website if she didn’t actually do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I'd absolutely love to see secret camera footage of Lidl and Aldi at home, when they are "off duty" and they are not cosplaying, doing their fake posh accents and poncing about like a couple of country tweed twats.

I bet you Lidl puts her leggings on, picks her nose and talks like a proper chav! I bet when she's mad at Aldi the accent really slips and she sounds like an old fishwife!
Oh yes I can just imagine it...

'Babe will you get me a glass of wine?'
'Just a minute I'm just feeding the dogs'
'Well hurry up Ali my glass needs refilling!'
'There's isn't any you've drank the last bottle'
Are you bleeping shitting me?'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s quite telling that a lot of her followers don’t know about her pre 2021 life. It seems like she hasn’t been able to retain many of her OG followers (I wonder why) And these are all newbies.
---

Thanks for posting

So from what I can see online she had 3 GCSE’s but she would need A levels too. According to her blog she was only there for 3 years so who knows what the entry requirements were. Has she ever mentioned college or sixth form? I know it wasn’t a requirement to go then but I would imagine to go to University she would need A-levels or a BTEQ even for a foundation course.
---

I don’t want to link to her blog but she says she started at 21 and left at 24 with a degree. I don’t think the University would put her on the website if she didn’t actually do it.
Agree with that. I can also say that I did a degree with no formal qualifications and I know others who have done the same. It depends on the uni and if they will waive their usual minimum requirements - they all have different rationale etc. not trying to defend her (I would defend her though if I thought she was worthy of defending).

Reactions: 14
I'm sure there are lots of subscribers who are confused about Lydia mentioning her drama and controversies, and why people dislike her, but these subsctibers are probably too scared to ask for more details.

View attachment 2396537View attachment 2396538View attachment 2396539View attachment 2396540View attachment 2396541View attachment 2396542
I can’t see any of these comments have they now all been deleted so you think ???
my thoughts exactly. She could not have possibly obtained a degree. She may have a BTEC.

She does have a degree however. In ‘bullshite’.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

A mature student would do a year long access course, to get onto that she would need at least ‘C’ grades in Eng & maths or pass online multiple choice key skills tests, those were not hard to do. The degree course was likely a two year one.

Reactions: 11
Agree with that. I can also say that I did a degree with no formal qualifications and I know others who have done the same. It depends on the uni and if they will waive their usual minimum requirements - they all have different rationale etc. not trying to defend her (I would defend her though if I thought she was worthy of defending).
I agree

I remember having this conversation on here a few years ago and I think it was determined at the time she didn’t need all the requirements as she went in a a mature student. When she was at school it wasn’t mandatory for students to stay in education until 18 so it wasn’t unusual for students in their 20’s to want to do a uni course even though they don’t have a levels. Obviously that is very much dependent on the course they wanted to do as you couldn’t do a science degree with no formal background in it but marketing you definitely could.

Reactions: 12
---

Thanks for posting

---

How/where do you go to check someone’s qualifications?. Asking for a friend 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
bleeping hell Ali. I hope these brands are paying you well to wear these bloody atrocious outfits. You do know you look like a knob don't you!?! I suppose if the price is right. Also, there is no absolutely zero expression in your face from all the botox. Men aren't meant to have smooth/shiny faces.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
How/where do you go to check someone’s qualifications?. Asking for a friend 😂
I actually don’t think you can check. It is on the tattle wiki so we obvs saw it somewhere 🤣 but it is on a couple of other sites too. One even mentions about her studying beauty therapy at one point so that must have been at college.

IMG_2613.png

I don’t think she lived at home during Uni though as I remember her saying her Aunt paid extra for her to have a nicer accommodation which then meant she had spare money to buy handbags.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
---

Thanks for posting

---

She didn't do A levels or 6th form, just passed 3 GCSEs.

She didn't need A levels because she did the degree as a mature student and work experience was taken into account (and I doubt it's an intellectually challenging course).

That's why I'm saying I'm surprised she wasn't asked to do a year foundation degree (or access course) first.
However, it's possible to do a year foundation and then 2 years to convert it to a full degree. I'm thinking that after the foundation her grades weren't good enough to do Fashion Marketing......she had to do Retail Marketing. Who knows?

Yes she says 3 years and she is on the Northampton Uni Web site so must be true.

-------------

I was reflecting on the comments made by her new followers too. They have no idea about her background. That's a win for her....

---

Thanks for posting

---

Found this video of her talking about gong to uni - in her old real voice!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.